Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would love a ruckman to replace Roughead next year , happy for rough to play 2nd ruck and a centre half back role definitely isn't a first ruck , also leaves Boyd at full foward where he belongs

i am now starting to have second thoughts on cloke. Our depth players should be younger players who are still developing and he is past his prime at the other end of the spectrum. Would rather draft in another younger bloke to try and keep this premiership window open for as long as possible. Would rather a younger bloke getting games for footscray developing than travis cloke doing the same thing

of course some depth players should be around the prime as well but none of them should be passed it unless they are on the rookie list as a sort of coach player role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i am now starting to have second thoughts on cloke. Our depth players should be younger players who are still developing and he is past his prime at the other end of the spectrum. Would rather draft in another younger bloke to try and keep this premiership window open for as long as possible. Would rather a younger bloke getting games for footscray developing than travis cloke doing the same thing
I'd rather Cloke at chf than cordy

We need to fit Webb and Williams into our snr side.
I hope Webb signs an extension soon as well as hamling.
Hannan, long and Nash would be great additions to our list! I'm sure I'm missing another player from the scray

Why isn't Jordan Russell ever considered? Absolutely sensational in the VFL Grand Final and has been one of Footscray's best players for 3 years.

He's spent his whole AFL career in shit teams, why not give him a chance in a good team? A team where he knows the system? His poise and kicking in defence could've proven very useful against GWS, where we struggled at times.

If we were prepared to give Brett Goodes and Jed Adcock chances, then why the **** not? For an experienced depth player, we could do far worse. What a fairy tale it would be too!

The odds of us increasing our offer to the 3 years Jongy deserves increase by the day. Hope he chooses to accept it when it comes.

WE CANNOT offer him 3 years even if we wanted to

It does not for our contract structure moving forward when the good players come out.

There is a reason we only offered two and he knows that and has still turned it down.

This is not the clubs fault JONG has refused to sign a contract offered to him.

WE CANNOT offer him 3 years even if we wanted to

It does not for our contract structure moving forward when the good players come out.

There is a reason we only offered two and he knows that and has still turned it down.

This is not the clubs fault JONG has refused to sign a contract offered to him.
If his form was to hold up there'd be no reason as to why he wouldn't get offered a new contract at the end of the deal that's been penned to him.

That said... where will he go?

If his form was to hold up there'd be no reason as to why he wouldn't get offered a new contract at the end of the deal that's been penned to him.

That said... where will he go?

IF he must go? Hopefully to you guys. His best on ground in a VFL game should up his price a bit. One of your second rounders will be fine. Would rather keep him though.

I just came here to say Webb, Williams and Rourke Smith all look like absolute class players. I also have loved what I've seen of Lynch this year, he's a white JJ.

Webb and Williams especially. They're the two smoothest movers on our list who aren't named Bob Murphy. Love Webb in the middle.

I reckon we can afford giving our first pick for Deledio or Hanley while we have this talent developing in the twos. I think Deledio should be our #1 priority this off season.

The point with Jong (I would love to keep him) is that we are offering what we can inside the confines of out list management plan. I think we would have budged by now if we were going to. But some things take more time than others and offering 2 years is nothing to sniff at. Maybe a trigger clause for a third year would make everyone happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back