Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lids for bont. Confirmed. Lock it in eddy
200_s.gif

You're better than that.

Lids would be great for us as a half back option and also small stints on ball or wing.

Deledio and Pick 26 for Pick 18 and 39?

I am so glad you guys aren't as arrogant as cats fans, they think they can get him for nothing.

Lids for pick 18 and a fringe player?

Great option to cover Boyd and can kick a lot better.. Boyd still has not signed so he may actually retire and Murphy has only 1 more year it seems. He is an A grade player who would help us a lot for 2-3 years of high quality footy
He's a classy player all right .. or was? (Prefer Jack for us myself).
Even as more of an outside player he would make us a stronger team. His penetration and smarts would be great for our small fwds and hard mobile runners like Stringer, Crameri and Tory.

Last edited:
I am so glad you guys aren't as arrogant as cats fans, they think they can get him for nothing.

Pick 18 and Honeychurch.

You draw up the paperwork.

DISCLAIMER: Can or should we trade our first this year bulldogians?

Could we potentially nab a frustrated Liam Duggan dropping down the pecking order if Mitchell comes in to Eagles?
I have watched Duggan closely in WC games. He is another short kicking Ball Butcher, he also struggles defensively which is my knock on him. Looks to me to be a downhill skier. At right price yes, but no if other options available. Just doesn't do it for me.

Who was it that said we were looking very closely at a Richmond hbf a month or so ago?

Even if it wasn't Deledio at the time, he should pipe up and claim that it was. I certainly would.

Sorry but it can't be the case. Need to pick 3 in the draft. Cloke and Deledio on. Then 5 need to go.
Minson Horvat Stevens Hamling and 1 more
Sorry, I thought you meant you of the old boys goes. I dunno, someone like Honey I guess.

Honeychurch and a future pick that doesn't jeopardize us signing Rhylee when the time comes.

Where do I sign?
Sounds good

We should be backing ourselves to finish as high as possible next year anyway so we draft for the future/succession next year. We are turning over depth types now, so hopefully we can hold on to whoever becomes depth next year when Murph and Moyd probably go, gives those types a y
ear to cement their spots on our list, then reassess where our list is at in 2018 when we have draft currency again, but more importantly will make more key re-signings.

Anything can happen with our list also next year though, hypothetically a required player might want out next year and we might get a first back in return if such player walked out (not advocating I want it to happen but it could happen nevertheless).

Gives us flexibility now imo trading out a future first, but most importantly, a clear plan of attack in regards to recruiting in 2017-18, we get a senior player who can help with the Murph/Moyd succession planning right now and helps improve our chances to go back to back. We can always take a FA if we really need to next year also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was it that said we were looking very closely at a Richmond hbf a month or so ago?

Even if it wasn't Deledio at the time, he should pipe up and claim that it was. I certainly would.
It was Mattdougie and the player wasn't Lids.

Deledio and Cloke... RIP our healthy age profile
It would stay the same with Minson and potentially Moyd retiring as well as Adcock retiring.

Our kicking this year was terrible ... and we won a premiership. Imagine the possibilities with a somewhat orthodox forward structure and the following kicks in the team/squad:
- Bont
- Webb
- Williams
- Murphy
- Suckling
- JJ
- Deledio

It'll most likely not happen but Deledio is elite at kicking in all phases of the game and is quite versatile. I now consider that Suckling is surplus to requirements as he is one-dimensional and so reliant on his left foot.

Would you be prepared for a future first instead plus a fringe type?

Who knows how we go next year, so potentially you could get much better pick than 18 (might be 20-21 after academy bids) if we slide down a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back