Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking this myself, he's really not a Dal pick. But a player with his attributes would be good for us, maybe he goes against his style for once.
Given the development of our players I think it's a successful policy. Of the 18-20 year olds who develop faster than players of the same age, who better to suggest who can do that than the players who developed as 17 year olds against the players of the same age?

In other words, say Macradie developed 20% slower this year than the average of the top 50 picks. Therefore everybody else improved a lot, and he only improved a little, hence him sliding from pmick 5 to 20 or whatever. What's not to say that he will continue developing 20% slower than the draft cohort average next year, and the year after etc?

Still reckon Richards would be a good depth replacement after losing Hamling. Can play both ends and will come super cheap.

Agree. No-brainer for mine.

So, Round 1 2017.

B - Wood Roberts Morris
HB - M.Boyd Adams R.Murphy
C - Johannisen Bontempelli Macrae
HF - Stringer T.Boyd Crameri
F - Dickson Cloke Picken
R - Roughead Liberatore Dahlhaus
I - Hunter, C.Smith, Dunkley, Daniel
E - Cordy, Suckling, McLean

Edit...That's now an even better side. No room for Biggs, Williams or Dale.

Last edited:

Still reckon Richards would be a good depth replacement after losing Hamling. Can play both ends and will come super cheap.

I'll second this,as I've said before if we have another mature age player lined up at the draft Richards will only help add more depth too

What is the guarantee that he would have the same finals form next year and the following for the dogs had he stayed? Prior to the finals he was a fringe player. He came good in the finals, but so did Roberts!
Good finals form is no gurarantee of continuous good form for years to come.

Unless your name is Tom Boyd

Agree. No-brainer for mine.

So, Round 1 2017.

B - Wood Roberts Morris
HF - Stringer T.Boyd Picken
F - Z.Cordy Cloke C.Smith
I - Suckling, McLean, Dunkley, Biggs

That's a bloody good side.

So you've got Crameri & Dickson playing VFL?

... and Lachie Hunter?
I'd defiantly have Hunter but in fairness we are going to have some pretty good players missing out if we go into round one fully fit. Is going to make some good discussion leading into the start of the season. I think people will disagree on plenty of players,it should be great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B - Wood Roberts Morris
HF - Stringer T.Boyd Picken
F - Z.Cordy Cloke C.Smith
I - Suckling, McLean, Dunkley, Biggs

I love how that teams so good that you completely forgot crameri and dickson our premiership small forward...

raw

I know I've been a supporter, but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced the Cloke trade is a good idea.

Not sure I can go through 612 new posts. Did I miss anything good?

I know I've been a supporter, but the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced the Cloke trade is a good idea.

Not sure I can go through 612 new posts. Did I miss anything good?
People lost their crap about the low picks for Stevens and Hrovat
nothing much really

People lost their crap about the low picks for Stevens and Hrovat
nothing much really
They were low, but **** it, Mitchell went for 88. We can't play our kids in the VFL and then whinge that they have no trade value. You can't have it both ways. We got Cloke for 76. Says it all.

I love how that teams so good that you completely forgot crameri and dickson our premiership small forward...

raw

It's a crazy exercise. No Redpath or Wallis either or Dale or Webb or Williams or Honeychurch.

We have serious depth.

Trade period...who give a rat's tossbag.

And hunter and Daniel.

117089-Jurassic-Park-Sam-Neill-glasse-DrTU.gif

Only old enough to have been following the dogs for 19 years...but Mary, mother of **** the 2017 squad is the best dogs squad i've ever seen...

Fair chance we will have 4 or 5 premiership players as depth waiting for a game...

Jesus these team sheets are getting me seriously moist. What a bloody squad we've put together. Still so much upside left in them and then to think we've got a massive chest of cash to splash around next year. Exciting ******* times
Some of the teams being suggested puts into perspective people losing the plot because we didn't chase a trade for the sake of it. Very healthy list.

I think it would have been better to make Stevens walk to the PSD and send a message to others that we dont accept getting bent over for fringe players with talent. This was the time to send that message rather than a 11 pick upgrade between the 3rd and 4th round.

Everyone will continue to low ball our depth next year. And if Webb and Dale dont get opportunities next year, i bet we will all be pissed if they go for the same price as Stevens etc. If we sent Stevens to the PSD just maybe we might get fair deals for fringe players in the future.

Our list is still great without Stevens, Hrovat, Hamling, but we should of got better assets for them, either this year or next and definately without all the bs swapping of late picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back