Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as you're seeing Dal soon pann any chance you could ask him where Jongys at in the clubs eyes? And really put this discussion to bed on here.

Personally I think it's pretty bloody obvious he's rated quite highly internally

Last I'm saying on it. It's boring.

Jong won't play 12 games next year and will likely seek a trade at the end of next year IMO.

Jong is rated by the club. Just not as highly as most of the rest of our list. IMO.

You'd think so, but unfortunately, I highly doubt it.

I hope we do get Willie Rioli because I will giggle like a schoolboy. 'Good Willie, bad Willie, stop playing around with it, Willie, get your hand off it, Willie'.

Yes, I'm a child.
You'd also hope the bashes would let the ink dry on his new contract before getting started again especially with all the fun some of them had when they believed he was leaving or at least speak realistically about whether he was wanted by other clubs as well as our own.
I could also get my hand around willie Rioli being on our list. I'm going to also yell things like cmon willie get in there or acknowledge good pieces of play by exclaiming yes willie that was huge

Last I'm saying on it. It's boring.

Jong won't play 12 games next year and will likely seek a trade at the end of next year IMO.

Jong is rated by the club. Just not as highly as most of the rest of our list. IMO.
Fair enough, personally if we get 12-15 solid-good games out of him I'll be happy, he definitely provides a difference when he's on, just needs to lessen the gap between his best and worst and I reckon he'd already improved in that regard a heap over the 2nd half of the year. Looked like he was going to tear the elimination final apart before he did his shoulder. Don't think it was fair to say he's not best 22 because he didn't play in the granny, he might have been fit but it was obviously just too big a risk, especially considering McLean was playing well. Considering everything we know about him I think it's fair to say he would have had a positive influence on the game anyway.

Fair enough, personally if we get 12-15 solid-good games out of him I'll be happy, he definitely provides a difference when he's on, just needs to lessen the gap between his best and worst and I reckon he'd already improved in that regard a heap over the 2nd half of the year. Looked like he was going to tear the elimination final apart before he did his shoulder. Don't think it was fair to say he's not best 22 because he didn't play in the granny, he might have been fit but it was obviously just too big a risk, especially considering McLean was playing well. Considering everything we know about him I think it's fair to say he would have had a positive influence on the game anyway.
He broke his collarbone, it was not a shoulder.

It's pretty horrifying to think about how Scott Clayton will find a way to Butcher picks 4, 6, 8 and 10.

Speaking of Gold Coast, we delisted Jarrad Grant after he played most games in 2015 and was pretty decent. His list spot became a pick in the 50s where we took Bailey Williams, who looks like a jet.

Think we need a lock down small defender late in the draft just to have that option in 3 or 4 years time.

It's pretty horrifying to think about how Scott Clayton will find a way to Butcher picks 4, 6, 8 and 10.

Speaking of Gold Coast, we delisted Jarrad Grant after he played most games in 2015 and was pretty decent. His list spot became a pick in the 50s where we took Bailey Williams, who looks like a jet.
They have two good academy picks and there are a few jets in the top
ten so i don't think even Clayton could blow it, touch wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else suspect Cloke may become a defender?
I think it might be a bit late in his career for that and I can't ever remember him playing that role at Collingwood previously. I think he will be a depth forward who more than likely will get a chance though.

It is and I don't know if 157 pages is good or bad. Either way, this thread could use its own Night of the Long Knives.

Was thinking more along the lines of the Red Wedding, although it was the good side that suffered then, not the baddies....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back