Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys who have played their entire career as a forward don't suddenly become reliable quality backs....its the hardest position to learn.

I highly doubt Cloke would be able to make the transition.
Yea it's not common but I still think it could work.
Silvagni did it CHF to FB. Chris Grant moved between CHF and CHB seamlessly as well.

Yeah look putting a bloke with the turning circle of a truck in a dynamic zone defence is a recipe for disaster.

Redpath in defense would be a worse move than Cloke.

Would anyone really be that surprised if Bev turned Cloke into an AA intercepting full back? The mans a genius.

Bevo is a genius but unfortunately Cloke is not.

Maybe like in the film Mad Max 3 Beyond Thunderdome he could team up
with big Tom Campbell and become the new Master Blaster although
that would leave us one short at the stoppage.

Note- That was a shit film and i feel shit quoting from it.:(

Wonder if there is anything in the rules about that? Could BTC throw Caleb in the air to take the ruck tap (within the rules)?

Maybe like in the film Mad Max 3 Beyond Thunderdome he could team up
with big Tom Campbell and become the new Master Blaster although
that would leave us one short at the stoppage.

Note- That was a shit film and i feel shit quoting from it.:(
Had some classic lines though "Break a deal face the wheel"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yea it's not common but I still think it could work.
Silvagni did it CHF to FB. Chris Grant moved between CHF and CHB seamlessly as well.

Those are two of the most special footballers of that era. Whilst cloke was a very good forward in his prime, he doesn't hold a candle to either of those guys.

Not saying it can't be done...Just saying it would be very unlikely to be effective, unless he played back in junior which I don't have a clue about.

Wonder if there is anything in the rules about that? Could BTC throw Caleb in the air to take the ruck tap (within the rules)?
Back in the day Simon Beasley took a shot from the boundary after the siren in Brisbane, but missed.
The crowd were on the field (Beasley was sprayed with beer) and the man on the mark had someone on his shoulders - quite a few rules were changed after that.
Pretty sure a player on another player's shoulders was one of them.

So Andrejs gets the arse again, at an age where a player his size should be in his prime. 3 clubs can't be wrong.

Tutty and V-Rainbow get the arse also.

So Andrejs gets the arse again, at an age where a player his size should be in his prime. 3 clubs can't be wrong.

Tutty and V-Rainbow get the arse also.
I don't get why Carlton constantly gives kids the arse after only 2 years in the system. Surely DVR is capable, would hope he gets rookied somewhere.

They've wasted a shitload of 2nd/3rd rounders since the Ratten era doing this regularly, surely it's a development problem, nothing to do if a kid will make it or not. Imo these types of decisions have attributed to their decline.

Thoughts Mezzoculo?

I don't get why Carlton constantly gives kids the arse after only 2 years in the system. Surely DVR is capable, would hope he gets rookied somewhere.
Can't find the ball even at junior/VFL level, doesn't have the tank to get up the field, not a threatening goal kicker and offers very little defensively.

It was a terrible pick that high in the draft at the time in my view; no surprise he didn't last long. Might get rookied but I'd be surprised.

Can't find the ball even at junior/VFL level, doesn't have the tank to get up the field, not a threatening goal kicker and offers very little defensively.

It was a terrible pick that high in the draft at the time in my view; no surprise he didn't last long. Might get rookied but I'd be surprised.
So what did they see in him to take him at pick 28 or whatever it was in the first place?

IIIRC DVR was rated as about a 25-50 range in phantoms

So the Tutt era has ended.
This guy clearly didn't have it , pretty obvious early on for me , but the scary thing we actually offered him another contract. - staggering !
Not only that some on this board were also fretting because we let him go - again staggering :eek:
He has pace

He has one elite trait that many felt Bevo could've worked with and utilised to improve him, alas he walked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back