Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Jules DeStoop on fox sports Connors said that if the trade to Essendon can't be done that Jake may stay in the US for a year. Can anyone here confirm this was said?

I hope this is the case as i don't want us to go limp after playing hard ball. I'd rather get nothing next year than see him play for Essendon in 2018 after the way Dodo has played this plus the media beat up.

He only said it as a joke - the part about staying on holiday.

Esesendon and Connors are the worst negotiators going around. The question is, are we?

We have all the leverage. They want Jake? Going to have to pay for it. If someone else comes along we will sell to them. If they can't afford our asking price we keep him.

Pretty simple. No need to even deal with them anymore. Move on.

PS. Connors would make a great personal injury lawyer. All but lying and manipulating the facts publicly to suit his agenda.

The prick Connors have made this not about Jake but about throwing mud at our club. Their two second round 2017 picks are useless to us.

We have only one option, roll the dice on Jake staying. He plays VFL for the year, or sits it out the season - it doesn't matter.
We sent a message to Connors, Dodo and all the player managers that their BS approach is unacceptable - ensuring we are never subjected to this public shit fight again. ala Gibbs and Adelaide last year.

Stay firm

The prick Connors have made this not about Jake but about throwing mud at our club. Their two second round 2017 picks are useless to us.

We have only one option, roll the dice on Jake staying. He plays VFL for the year, or sits it out the season - it doesn't matter.
We sent a message to Connors, Dodo and all the player managers that their BS approach is unacceptable - ensuring we are never subjected to this public shit fight again. ala Gibbs and Adelaide last year.

Stay firm
To be fair, Connors was mad mouthing Essendon to get Ryder out from there.

Connors is shitting himself, he wants Stringer there because Connors mismanaged Stringer from the start (i.e. gambling etc)

Scared. Definitely scared.
Take some long, measured breathes people. Still so much to play out. We'll try to make Essendon's offer work for us and if not, down to the wire we go!

J-Mac has more to lose from falling over than Dodoro does. J-Mac will without doubt lose his job if he accepts a terrible offer, the Smith deal makes Dodo a hero already. If he ends up handing over a future first by itself he's still done amazingly well this trade period. As much as we love the Dodo sucks narrative, he's done amazingly so far. Landing Stringer even for a fair price and he's still a hero. Essendon can afford to pay a fair price, J-Mac cannot afford to bend or break.

I just can't see the future first not ending up on the table.

Or, we take 2 x 2017 seconds and the GWS future second for Stringer and our future fourth and package all our crappy picks up for something. Crap - but that's what bending and breaking looks like. Bye bye J-Mac.

According to Jules DeStoop on fox sports Connors said that if the trade to Essendon can't be done that Jake may stay in the US for a year. Can anyone here confirm this was said?

I hope this is the case as i don't want us to go limp after playing hard ball. I'd rather get nothing next year than see him play for Essendon in 2018 after the way Dodo has played this plus the media beat up.
Connors jokeingly said it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conners and the injectors media spin doctors have made sure Jake doesn't want a bar of us anymore. Dumbfounded as to all this saga as played out, to the point that even they are now misquoting their own articles. Jake needs to wake up to the fact that he is being manipulated by these *****.

There is a bit to play out yet.
My thoughts, Francis and 30 to Adelaide for 16, or Francis, 25 and 30 to Adelaide for 10.
16 or 10 on to us for Stringer.

Connors jokeingly said it
Cheers. I wasn't able to listen in. Thought that would be a very stupid thing to say on Connors behalf. Then again we have heard numerous stupid things being said/suggested during this trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back