Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS asking Heath Shaw to consider his future this week.

Lucky for us that he was there to help us win the Prelim last year. Without his finger pointing and lack of accountability, we may not have won that game.
Thanks Heater, may your future coaching career be forever not at the dogs.

Kane Cornes saying he'd happily give up 11 for Stringer. Cooney saying Dodoro won't want a bar of that and try and get him for a second rounder.

Everything I've read over the last few days sounds like Cats are keen again.

Didn't Cooney recently say that he thinks Stringer is worth a pick around the 20 mark? Dwayne Russell asked him this morning what he thinks he's worth before the Gilmore article and he said a top 10 pick. After the article he reckons 18-20 mark. Seems different to his previous opinion if my memory is correct.

Just looking at our changes

Out: Murphy Boyd Hamilton

Prudden tweedie (assuming prudden was a rookie?)

Likely out: stringer Crameri Honeychurch

That's 6 senior spots

We are almost certain to add Trengove

I like the idea of both Impey and crozier and would also have us look heavily at schache but we'd need to open up one more list spot.

An off season of Trengove, impey, crozier and schache plus 3 draftees would be a decent off season in my opinion.

Just looking at our changes

Out: Murphy Boyd Hamilton

Prudden tweedie (assuming prudden was a rookie?)

Likely out: stringer Crameri Honeychurch

That's 6 senior spots

We are almost certain to add Trengove

I like the idea of both Impey and crozier and would also have us look heavily at schache but we'd need to open up one more list spot.

An off season of Trengove, impey, crozier and schache plus 3 draftees would be a decent off season in my opinion.
That's 4 players in, only 6 spots. You either need to get rid of a player already on the list or chop one of your 4.

Need to either draft at least 3 players or draft two and upgrade a rookie.

Of the four guys we're supposedly accepting offers for:
Smith - we've seen what this guy can do when he's hungry. If he regains form and fitness he is a pressure and tackling beast, he makes opposition backlines fearful with ball in hand and he is built for finals. Considering how little we'd get in a trade for him, he's a RETAIN.
Biggs is extremely underrated and won't net us a decent pick. More valuable on the list, RETAIN.
Dahlhaus. We all know his pros and cons. His ramshackle throw-it-on-the-boot, then ask questions disposal is symptomatic of all our problems going forward. So I can see the logic behind considering options. But will a late first rounder likely get us a player who contributes so much? Maybe the solution is to throw him forward and bring some Richmond into our forward line. The off field stuff would need to be bad, or the offer very good, for me to see value in getting rid of him.
Campbell is going to behind Roughie, Trengrove, Boyd and English for first ruck. He's likely a wasted list spot IMO, I'd move him on for a pick upgrade. If he helps turn a third into a second or a fourth into a third and that helps us get another target (Crozier, Impey) then it's a win for us.

Or perhaps we have different views on what Impey's weaknesses are and what the club's weaknesses are and how easy it is to rectify those weaknesses. As long as Impey doesn't cost much and is an upgrade on the player he replaces, you do the deal - weaknesses and all. It is bloody hard to find players who don't have the weaknesses common to our team, and almost impossible to find them at the right price.
Perhaps. But I haven't seen anyone make that case until now. Including your good self.
As for all players having weaknesses, that's an excellent truism but not a good reason to pick up another player with those weaknesses. Personally I think we need size and skill, Impey has neither. In this I think Crozier is a good get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd let go of Smith and Biggs for the right price.

Campbell lucky he's on any list IMO. Is around 4th in line and even then think Bevo would play Jong in the ruck before him.

I wouldn't be unhappy (nor surprised) if the Dogs offered the same deal to Hodge that Brisbane are offering

from saints board:

Got told by a mate whos connected with the dogs (dont know how good his info is, but told me about stringer being flicked and couple of days before it came out) that we're a serious chance of getting Dalhaus.

Also said that Lachie Hunter is being shopped around and that the offer from the Bombers for stringer is pick 11 for stringer and 26.

Think now is a good time to move on Schache. Whilst we have the cap space and the draft picks, as well as schache not costing a Boyd like some of money nor trade currency.

Whilst i like the possibility of Adams pushing forward, good chances are that he gets injured or Morris does, meaning he will be required back. Schache like 90% of young key forwards hasn' t shown a great deal but in a stronger team he will get more opportunity. Also he has a yard on Boyd and doesn't drop easy marks like Boyd does regularly.

We have 90 percent of bases covered and with our ability to find good players with later picks i think its worth the risk especially with our current KPF stocks on life support.

That's 4 players in, only 6 spots. You either need to get rid of a player already on the list or chop one of your 4.

Need to either draft at least 3 players or draft two and upgrade a rookie.
Aren't we upgrading lynch ? Would that be the 1 player upgrade and 2 In the draft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back