Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see why we would let Biggs go. The offer would have to be too good to refuse, or we'd have to have a target lined up that needed significant currency to trade for.

The same goes for Dahlhaus really, despite the knocks on his disposal.

Read somewhere we want to retain him as a rookie

I don't watch much VFL so cannot comment on Lynch's performances or improvement this year. But from what I have read I have doubts about him. Any one like to comment? My preference would be to delist him and go to the draft and try for someone who might make it.

I don't watch much VFL so cannot comment on Lynch's performances or improvement this year. But from what I have read I have doubts about him. Any one like to comment? My preference would be to delist him and go to the draft and try for someone who might make it.
From what I've seen he kinda looks OK at VFL level but if he hasn't made the jump by now he never will - we are wasting our time with him.
There seemed to be a fair bit of excitement around him in the pre-season game at Whitten Oval against Melbourne and he kicked a nice goal but nothing really since then.

His biggest problem is that he keeps getting injured so he doesn't get any continuity in this footy.
He does have a lot of talent and reminds me of JJ in his early days and JJ took a few years of VFL to some on so I understand why we would persist.

Hawthorn have sacked their CEO after five months, their former capatain is coming out of retirement to play for another club and they have no first round pick this year on account of giving it up for Jaguer O'Mera who played just 6 games in 2017.

If this were our club the media line would be that we are 'imploding'.

I don't know much about Trengrove, does anyone have an explanation for why he conceded more freekicks than any other non-mid this year? Did he not play the last few games due to injury or form?

Hawthorn have sacked their CEO after five months, their former capatain is coming out of retirement to play for another club and they have no first round pick this year on account of giving it up for Jaguer O'Mera who played just 6 games in 2017.

Yes if it weren't for their brilliant recruiting of Ty Vickery the media would be calling for Clarkos head!!

When you win 4 flags inside 10 years the media tend to lay off a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know much about Trengrove, does anyone have an explanation for why he conceded more freekicks than any other non-mid this year? Did he not play the last few games due to injury or form?

pre 2016 he was a key defender and won a B&F
in 2016 he filled in in the Ruck as Ryder was out and Lobbe was injured
2017 he was tried as a forward with limited success, while pinch hitting in the ruck. lost his spot due to his previous defender roles being locked down by others.

as for free kicks I really have no idea but potentially linked to his unfamiliar forward role.

Because people got in his way and they had to learn a lesson

Perhaps. But I haven't seen anyone make that case until now. Including your good self.
As for all players having weaknesses, that's an excellent truism but not a good reason to pick up another player with those weaknesses. Personally I think we need size and skill, Impey has neither. In this I think Crozier is a good get.
So what if posters on here don't want to frame the conversation in the same terms that Dan did? I made my views quite clear and didn't do so in terms of what the club's weaknesses are. Interestingly, you didn't address the criteria that Dan thought is so important. The bottom line here is that Dan and I didn't agree on Impey and we let it go....something that some on here seem reluctant to do at times.

I reckon having Cordy & Trengove holding down CHB & FB would be good just because neither of them is scared of crunching someone in a contest. Sure it gives away freekicks but it also makes players have that split-second where they misjudge or panic under the high ball which is all a defender needs.

I reckon having Cordy & Trengove holding down CHB & FB would be good just because neither of them is scared of crunching someone in a contest. Sure it gives away freekicks but it also makes players have that split-second where they misjudge or panic under the high ball which is all a defender needs.

We lacked aggression and effort this year, don't mind the addition of some mongrel to the team

He's shown very little improvement (if any) in his contested and defensive games since last year, his major weaknesses. He has had a few injuries this year, but we should be expecting a lot more improvement out of him especially after he had a good preseason. I'd delist him, that doesn't look like it will happen though which I am disappointed about.

We really should be turning over the list more especially after the year we had. Alistair Clarkson said they weren't making enough list changes after he won his first flag. Now they have been making over 9 list changes on average since 09. I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season, but its looking like we are making the same mistake. We made 7 changes (6 really because we re-drafted Prudden) last year and this year it's looking like we will be making around the same number.

G'day all, excuse the intrusion.

Was wondering where Mitch Honeychurch was at - form wise, opinions on where he's suited, would he be on the table?

I defer to your expertise. Cheers.

In form. Pressure forward. On table. 3rd round pick would get it done.
Needs more opportunities and would likely play round 1 at the Kangas.

G'day all, excuse the intrusion.

Was wondering where Mitch Honeychurch was at - form wise, opinions on where he's suited, would he be on the table?

I defer to your expertise. Cheers.

General opinion is that he tries hard, good team man, tears it up in VFL but just lacks the size and skills needed to excel at AFL level.

But in the spirit of trade week, it'll cost you you first round draft pick....

Seriously, we'd be lucky to get anything for him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back