Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the reason we're getting rid of Stringer is because he hangs out behind defenders in the forward 50 expecting his teammates to kick the ball over their heads to him while not applying any pressure the other way.

Hope that helps this fascinating debate

Day 1 of trade week we should request that mediation thing the AFL have to get trades over the line. No bullshitting, just hit that up straight away

Day 1 of trade week we should request that mediation thing the AFL have to get trades over the line. No bullshitting, just hit that up straight away
If I was Essendon what this move would say to me was a) we're determined to get rid of him so any threat from us that we'll keep him is bullshit, and b) we don't trust our negotiating ability or position. No way would I do this, make them run to the AFL after sticking to what we ask for.

Stringer for Pick 11

Dogs: Saad
Suns: Ah Chee, Port 29
Power: Dogs 26, Suns 35

Dogs: D.Smith, 25
GWS: 11, Campbell

Pick 39 for Crozier and Pick 55

Gain: Saad, Smith, 25, Crozier, 55
Lose: Stringer, 26, Campbell, 39
Draft: 9, 25, 55
FA: Trengrove

GWS need ready to go ruck depth and want to get back into the 1st round.
Effectively Stringer for D.Smith and Saad

Then next year is be offering up some decent small players to get a quality mid size or agile key forward to balance the list. Unfortunately that may mean the likes of Libba, hunter or dahlhaus. Wallis then gets more midfield time

Last edited:
Stringer for Pick 11

Then next year is be offering up some decent small players to get a quality mid size or agile key forward to balance the list. Unfortunately that may mean the likes of Libba, hunter or dahlhaus. Wallis then gets more midfield time
These are fairly plausible and some of the least-awful hypotheticals I've seen thus far, although we won't get a pick that high from GWS. And why the interest in Devon Smith if you've got a similar player on the trading block next year? Not sure he's what we need.

There's some serious overrating of Stringer on here. He's played a handful of decent games in two years. No-one is prepared to trade on Stringer 2015, because he no longer exists. Stringer 16 & 17 weren’t that great. And then there’s the added problems about his penis and his wallet....

The morning bores on SEN posed the question ‘Who would you trade for - Jack Watts or Jake Stringer?’ Now you and I would say Stringer naturally. As did the presenters. But they had to think about it. Is Jack Watts worth a top ten pick? Not a chance. Melbourne will pay his bus fare across the Nullabor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No-one is prepared to trade on Stringer 2015, because he no longer exists. Stringer 16 & 17 weren’t that great. And then there’s the added problems about his penis and his wallet....
His penis doesn't play football does it, I can only imagine the problems that it would have when its closest friends are both nuts.

Stringer for Pick 11

One of the more sensible hypotheticals I have read.

If Essendon want Stringer and don't want to offer pick 11 out right, then the onus should be on them to find a workable solution that doesn't require us rolling out the red carpet by us swaping/downgrading later picks. Perhaps they should look a little harder at a deal with another club to downgrade pick 11 to something they think is Stringer's worth, in the first round of course. If they want him, they can work their asse's off in the trade week trying to make something happen without wasting McCartney's time.

Sounds like McCartney will be a busy man.

Do we really want Essendon to downgrade to the 2 x Richmond picks and offer one of those? Nightmare outcome in my opinion. Would rather swop later picks thanks

Not sure I've seen this in any of the relevant threads, but yesterday Jay Clark was saying:

"The Dogs have made clear they will not accept a second-round selection for Stringer and will attempt to keep him at the kennel next season without adequate compensation.

Suns’ list chief Scott Clayton said Stringer’s value had taken a small hit.

“I would have said before last month or so (he was worth) mid-first (round) but I think it might have dropped-off a little bit,’ Clayton said.

“It’s very hard to step back (from trading a player) once you say (to them) ‘You’re out’.”

Could be the biggest change in 20 years

Inn
Trengrove
Impey
Crozier
R.Smith
Draft
Coffield
Brawshaw
Ling
Kruegar

Out
Crameri
Stringer
Honeychurch
Murphy
Hamilton
Biggs
Boyd
Roberts

Inn
Trengrove
Impey
Crozier
R.Smith
Draft
Coffield
Brawshaw
Ling
Kruegar

Out
Crameri
Stringer
Honeychurch
Murphy
Hamilton
Biggs
Boyd
Roberts
Roberts just signed a two year contract extension in June not going anywhere

Inn
Trengrove
Impey
Crozier
R.Smith
Draft
Coffield
Brawshaw
Ling
Kruegar

Out
Crameri
Stringer
Honeychurch
Murphy
Hamilton
Biggs
Boyd
Roberts
Not sure how we can trade in those 4 guys and then still be able to draft the likes of Coffield and Brayshaw. I suppose it depends on the value we get for Stringer and perhaps some type of upgrade for Crameri. Don't agree with trading Biggs, he's still an important player for us. I don't disagree with the Roberts call particularly if we are trading in Trengove. He may be able to carve out a decent career somewhere else similar to Zac Dawson but his future with us is likely to be a solid Footscray player.

Not sure I've seen this in any of the relevant threads, but yesterday Jay Clark was saying:

"The Dogs have made clear they will not accept a second-round selection for Stringer and will attempt to keep him at the kennel next season without adequate compensation.

Suns’ list chief Scott Clayton said Stringer’s value had taken a small hit.

“I would have said before last month or so (he was worth) mid-first (round) but I think it might have dropped-off a little bit,’ Clayton said.

“It’s very hard to step back (from trading a player) once you say (to them) ‘You’re out’.”
Sorry Scott but you selected Everitt ahead of Jack Riewoldt and Jarrad Grant ahead of Dangerfield so really,ultimately, your opinion pretty well is worth **** all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back