Strategy Trade and List .Management thread 5 (...the post coitus cigarette. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be gutted if Jake leaves, but if you remove all the smoke and mirrors, get right down to the nuts and bolts of what your purpose is as a footballer...if you can meet members from another club and pledge your absolute commitment to their cause but you can't look your own teammates in the eye and deliver the same commitment....there is something very wrong and you shouldn't be at the club.

Pretty much mate.

Also on the "clubs pulling away" thing I dunno about you guys but I reckon we see it every year. Player up for grabs, media link player to multiple clubs, player nominates club, media say rejected clubs ruled out player. Essentially allows clubs to have a dip, let the fans know and when rejected save face because they never specifically said they were. It was just media speculation.

Unless your North of course and tell the world you're interested every time a player comes outta contract.

I like you. You're welcome here any time.

Stringers choise where he nominates, media have no idea.
Had breakfast meeting with my boss in Willy this morning couple of doors up from the Rose.
Stringer in there with Dangerfield and Selwood, together for 30-45 minutes.
Doesn't mean anything other than I doubt Geelong boys were telling Stringer club have cooled off!
Geelong sending senior players to deliver the club's verdict to a possible trade? Might as well do away with list managers and player managers then.

Stringers choise where he nominates, media have no idea.
Had breakfast meeting with my boss in Willy this morning couple of doors up from the Rose.
Stringer in there with Dangerfield and Selwood, together for 30-45 minutes.
Doesn't mean anything other than I doubt Geelong boys were telling Stringer club have cooled off!

That wasn't Jake, Duckwood and Danger.

It was Dahl, Liber and Shiggsy with novelty masks!

F.A.C.T.

Sorry guys i havent kept up to date

Jake Stringer: Staying or leaving? What's his worth? Where's he likely to go?

Unless he leaves, he's staying.

At this stage, he's worth either a top-5, top-10, top-15, second rounder, 3rd rounder, nothing, everything, two first rounders, Todd Goldstein, Mason Wood :huh:, any of a number of Essendon spuds, Shannon Motlop (in spite him being a FREE AGENT), any combination of Suns players, at least 10 Norf players, some random NBA dudes, and a partridge in a pear tree.

IF he goes (as in doesn't stay, as in the opposite of remains a Bulldogs player), he could end up at:
- Essendon 3/1
- Geelong 10/1
- Norf 15/1
- Saints 50/1
- the zoo with his kids 5/2
- JJ's house-party name your odds
- some random pub talking to senior Geelong nobs
- full-forward for the team in Qld that just lost Barry Hall

Of course, these are only the likely scenarios - there are a couple I've missed on the way through...

You're welcome! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be the happiest man alive if we were talking to Aaron Hall...genuine line breaker.
ANOTHER BLOKE WHO CAN'T KICK?

He is genuinely the worst field kick in the AFL from non KPPs. Every single time he breaks the lines for Gold Coast he turns the ball straight back over. No way. Add to that his complete inability to defend...

I'd give pick 9 (or 11 instead) for both Saad and Hall. Seeing JJ and Saad slingshot off half back would be a sight to behold.
Saad I get why we'd want, but he lacks some game sense. Hall is useless. I'd give pick 26 absolute maximum for the two of them. As in, we get screwed at the trade table and give up pick 26.

ANOTHER BLOKE WHO CAN'T KICK?

He is genuinely the worst field kick in the AFL from non KPPs. Every single time he breaks the lines for Gold Coast he turns the ball straight back over. No way. Add to that his complete inability to defend...

Ok. But where do you see his strengths...?! :D

Saad I get why we'd want, but he lacks some game sense. Hall is useless. I'd give pick 26 absolute maximum for the two of them. As in, we get screwed at the trade table and give up pick 26.

I'm completely underwhelmed by both of them.

I'm completely underwhelmed by both of them.
Saad is on par with Charlie Cameron for the quickest in the comp (despite both having very questionable running techniques, terrible running economy). That's his trick, and he uses his pace frequently. For that reason, I wouldn't have a problem with us taking him, but he's not worth anything more than a third rounder.

Sam Frost, Jordan Murdoch are others who would be in the same rung pace-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back