Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May as well get this started now for the ones out of contract

Delist:
Martin
Wallis
Hannan
Schache
Butler
Bedendo (Unless he shows something)
Cordy

Trade Potential:
Dunkley
West

Resign:
McLean (pending knee)
Johannisen (pending price)
Daniel
English (pending he wants too)
Dale
Keath
B.Smith
Garcia
Duryea
Khamis
Bedendo has shown enough in VFL to get a one year deal imo

Has he though? 11 touches no goals and 1 goal 3 touches in his 2 games so far probably give him a rookie year but he's not doing anything other then showing glimpses at VFL level
He played half a quarter on the weekend lmao and has played 11 games in total of VFL in a covid effected year (and kicked multiple goals in 4 of them)

Cmon ffs we’re not writing off 11 VFL game players who missed their draft year and came into the club weighing about 65kgs.

Bedendo has looked super talented at VFL level, will sign a 2 year extension this year as he should. Looks a talent - let’s give him some time

My shit hot take is I'd rather lose dale than English
I agree. I love Dale, but losing him is a step backwards, while losing English leaves our spine in a seriously shocking state.

English is elite now. Elite rucks are very hard to come by, while a few new elite half backs pop up every year. Just in the last 3 years we've had all of Daniel (AA), Dale (AA), Crozier and Williams have extended periods of elite play. Dale's one of our better players now, but we'd move on reasonably quickly (same with Dunkley)

I agree. I love Dale, but losing him is a step backwards, while losing English leaves our spine in a seriously shocking state.

English is elite now. Elite rucks are very hard to come by, while a few new elite half backs pop up every year. Just in the last 3 years we've had all of Daniel (AA), Dale (AA), Crozier and Williams have extended periods of elite play. Dale's one of our better players now, but we'd move on reasonably quickly (same with Dunkley)
Dale or Daniel? This is one im splitting hairs over.

Dale or Daniel? This is one im splitting hairs over.
It's a tough one. For Daniel, I've never seen a player more adept at picking up a loose unpredictable ball at a sprint and keep moving, his short and medium range kick is incredible, and his composure in congestion is elite. On the other hand, Dale has pace, a penetrating and pinpoint accurate kick, and is a scoreboard threat. I think if forced to choose, I'd go Daniel, but it's pretty close to a 50/50. Pretty sure Daniel was rumoured to be extending soon anyway

Has he though? 11 touches no goals and 1 goal 3 touches in his 2 games so far probably give him a rookie year but he's not doing anything other then showing glimpses at VFL level
He's only played one full VFL game coming back from Covid and got hurt on the weekend irrc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamie Elliott as a FA anyone? If he passed a medical I’d jump on him try and get him right for a 3 year tilt - would add a heap to our forward line
Is about to sign a 3 year extension at Pies

I’m still a no to losing Dunks. Play him where he needs to be played and watch him thrive now that his shoulder is good.

Rather trade Libba to be honest.
Sheesh. Not a chance man. Dunks cant kick, time to bite the bullet. Take a 1st rounder and move on.

Libba is a F/S (not that it should matter) and has elite skills by foot. He shouldnt be going anywhere

Sheesh. Not a chance man. Dunks cant kick, time to bite the bullet. Take a 1st rounder and move on.

Libba is a F/S (not that it should matter) and has elite skills by foot. He shouldnt be going anywhere

Libba has nowhere near the market currency that Dunkley has. Libba will turn 30 this season and, compounded by his injury history, is getting slower and less durable. He is worth far more to us than whatever crumbs we would pick up in a trade.

This years token Footscray pick?
On VFL-listed players...

“Lachie Sullivan (32 disposals, six marks, eight clearances, five inside-50s, six tackles and one goal) was great – he’s definitely been in our best players each week. He’s perhaps been inspired by other boys being drafted, so has taken his game to another level.”

On VFL-listed players...

“Lachie Sullivan (32 disposals, six marks, eight clearances, five inside-50s, six tackles and one goal) was great – he’s definitely been in our best players each week. He’s perhaps been inspired by other boys being drafted, so has taken his game to another level.”

Well as long as adding a 26 year old 180cm inside midfielder to our list full of inside midfielders inspired a 27 year old 180cm Footscray inside midfielder then it was well worth it.

On VFL-listed players...

Let’s hope another club is inspired then

I definitely reckon we'll re-sign Hannan and Cordy (whether they "deserve" it is subjective - I'm no fan of either but I feel the club will probably keep them around), and probably Butler too. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the bigger names go. Probably English or Dale
We'll re-sign Hannan and Cordy for sure. We can't lose our secret in-game ruck weapons.

Who are the best options if we do lose English?

Rowan Marshall (Probably a pipe dream as Saints wouldn't let him go easy, but would be a great get)
Lloyd Meek?
Ivan Soldo?
Goldstein for a year?

Unproven young options:

Sam Hayes (Port)
Bailey Williams (WCE)
Matthew Flynn
Keiren Briggs

Doomsday if our starting ruck:

Sam Naismith
Callum Sinclair
Mason Cox

Rowan Marshall (Probably a pipe dream as Saints wouldn't let him go easy, but would be a great get)
Lloyd Meek?
Ivan Soldo?
Goldstein for a year?

Unproven young options:

Sam Hayes (Port)
Bailey Williams (WCE)
Matthew Flynn
Keiren Briggs

Sam Naismith
Callum Sinclair
Mason Cox

Tom Campbell

#bringhimhome

Lloyd Meek?
Ivan Soldo?
Goldstein for a year?

Unproven young options:

Sam Hayes (Port)
Bailey Williams (WCE)
Matthew Flynn
Keiren Briggs

Sam Naismith
Callum Sinclair
Mason Cox
I’ve been pretty vocal on here that I think Meek looks like he could breakout and be a genuine number 1 ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back