Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Sam Landsberger's Q and A on Superfooty just now when asked about a Lipinski for Max Lynch trade.

"Not sure Max Lynch is ahead of Jordan Sweet to be honest, and Sweety can't get a game at the minute. So I can't see the appeal of that trade. Sam Darcy, too, is one they can plan ahead for. So any ruckman added now would have to be at peak of powers."
Where does Edmund suggest we find this
ruck at the peak of his powers with little trade capital?

We'll have to agree to disagree. Any high forward foot-soldier we've played simply has to be able to play a role and stick a tackle - McNeill, VDM, Garcia were notables. I see huge upside in VDM and Garcia. If Lippi can't do that he can't play there.

As a wingman he's the polar opposite of Roarke who is currently playing that defensive wing role. I actually think he could make a decent wingman at AFL level because he has the tank to cover ground and is a beautiful kick.

He's certainly not pushing out any of our first or second rotation mids.

If we're looking to free up list spots and gain draft capital Lippi is the ideal candidate. I hope he plays 200 games, I don't think it would happen with us.

Lipinski is just a victim of there being better players ahead of him in his best position and others with more useful points of difference in his secondary position. He’s not in our best 22 atm, but would have been a great depth option for a few years. He’s got bigger ambitions than that and good on him. Reckon he’ll do well.

Lipinski got his chances. 8 of the first 11 games, getting wing time over Hunter who was moved to half forward. His best year was in 2019 when he was getting inside time and his ball use out of the stoppage really shined but that's not going to happen with us, not with our depth and need for all our mids to pressure. Best thing for him to move and I hope he does well.

I'm probably in the minority but if we had to make a call on Rhylee or Lippi I'd keep Rhylee. He's behind Lippi now but has the mongrel to make it

Hope we hang on to him, particularly with Lipinski going, but could be in a very similar position in a year or two. Maybe already.

Totally understand Lipinski leaving. He’s just not going to get the same opportunity if he stays. He has to think about his next contract after this one too. I think we’ll be pretty amicable in working something out.

You’d think Collingwood will want to deal in future picks. Best case scenario would be a 3-way where we lose Lipinski and gain someone like Ceglar. Straight swap for Lynch maybe a possibility but ideally I’d want someone more proven

Good luck to Lippa, opportunities for his type of player are highly contested and he's struggled to get time on the field over the last few seasons.

Lipinski got his chances. 8 of the first 11 games, getting wing time over Hunter who was moved to half forward. His best year was in 2019 when he was getting inside time and his ball use out of the stoppage really shined but that's not going to happen with us, not with our depth and need for all our mids to pressure. Best thing for him to move and I hope he does well.
yep, Lipinski has had many chances and has the game to overcome his lack of speed,

but going when its your turn and sticking tackles is a non-negotiable for all but a very elite few. his softness was glaring when he played this year.

Not fussed with Lipinski, all the qualities of a nice footballer but always struggled under real heat and pressure.

It why someone like Rourke is playing in finals ahead of him, less talented but you know he will handle the heat.

Roarke is such a great example, and I'd definitely rather Roarke over Lippy on a cold wet afternoon in Launceston.

Him and Gardner are two prime examples of how you don't have to be the best at footy but still be important to a team.

Lipinski could flourish given the right opportunity and encouragement. He is the most skillful player at the club, his kicking and his hands are as good if not better than Bont. His defensive running was quite good from the live games I attended.
he is held to a different standards to Roarke. Roarke takes a good Mark in the defemsive 50 and that’s a great game even though he has turned it over by foot half the time And average around 12 possessions playing wing. I would much prefer Richards in the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally understand Lipinski leaving. He’s just not going to get the same opportunity if he stays. He has to think about his next contract after this one too. I think we’ll be pretty amicable in working something out.

You’d think Collingwood will want to deal in future picks. Best case scenario would be a 3-way where we lose Lipinski and gain someone like Ceglar. Straight swap for Lynch maybe a possibility but ideally I’d want someone more proven
You try for more but I wouldn’t feel completely ripped off with Lipinski for swapping our 2022 2nd round picks - which I think will be at least a 10 pick upgrade in the 2nd round.

He was sub at least twice from memory and was scapegoated every time our midfield underperformed.
Kennedy to Sydney vibes.

He was sub at least twice from memory and was scapegoated every time our midfield underperformed.
Kennedy to Sydney vibes.
I don't think anyone from Hawthorn is too upset about what transpired as a result of their midfield depth pushing out Kennedy.

In my opinion Lipinski isn't better than anyone that is starting in our midfield when it is best 22 and is probably behind a couple of the depth. That's not a knock on him, he will be best 22 at where ever he goes but sometimes that's just the way it goes. I also think he's had more than enough chances to claim a spot and he hasn't capitalised on it. Your opinion may differ and that's fine but it seems the majority on here are on the same page. It sucks that he's leaving but I don't think many begrudge us for not giving him chances nor do they begrudge him for looking elsewhere.

Not fussed with Lipinski, all the qualities of a nice footballer but always struggled under real heat and pressure.

It why someone like Rourke is playing in finals ahead of him, less talented but you know he will handle the heat.
Not sure I agree with this Lippi is fine under heat but he definitely lacks pace which has a big weighting how the game is played atm. Also lacks defensive pressure which is an understandable non negotiatiable. Roarke has both these traits despite being a less talented natural player than Lippi. Totally understand and support him moving though given our midfield strentgh. Sad as it is in his best interests

Haha wish Neg Guy was still at the pies as Moree for a 2nd rounder and Lippa could of been a possibility 😂.
I know our hands are tied a bit with the Darcy pick but I wonder if we have a chance at getting a decent CHB or Ruck this of season. Will be interesting to see what Sams plan is.

Why would he limit himself to Pies or Blues. Surely there'd be a lot suitors, wouldn't even have to leave Vic as he'd be right for several teams.

We can't give everyone who deserves midfield time as it it is. I hope he does well elsewhere if he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back