Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast asking for pick 2, another top 10 pick and a future first for pick 1. Using our deal as precedent by the sounds of it.

North definitely have the capacity to offer that if they want Reid. Weirdly, I believe Curtin and Watson would be MUCH more beneficial for Norths rebuild but who am I to stand in the way of them making dumb choices and bolstering their young midfield for a 5th draft in a row.

West Coast asking for pick 2, another top 10 pick and a future first for pick 1. Using our deal as precedent by the sounds of it.

North definitely have the capacity to offer that if they want Reid. Weirdly, I believe Curtin and Watson would be MUCH more beneficial for Norths rebuild but who am I to stand in the way of them making dumb choices and bolstering their young midfield for a 5th draft in a row.
That's definitely way too much. I think pick 2 (for Curtin) and a F1 is probably spot on given that's very likely to be a top 3 pick.

According to this Billings + Zerk-Thatcher = 8 + 41. But individually Zerk-Thatcher = 27 and Billings = 41???

As said in the post below, the graphic was wrong and pick 14 would also be Dogs (traded out by Melbourne, in by no one in the graphic)

If for some reason Curtin slides to our pick do we take him instead of Watson/midfielder?

It’s easier to digest if you think of it as Croft being drafted next year not this year.

If he was eligible next year, we would have traded our 1st for a heap of later picks anyway. We’ve just done it a year early and helped us trade up to the elite part of the draft as well.
There's every chance if he was available next year our natural 2024 first round pick could very well be before he is nominated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon WCE have 2 options with 1.

They either (a) take Reid or (b) trade down very slightly to turn it into Curtin and extras.

If they want option (b), then North are the only realistic option. North would be saying to Eagles that they'll be taking Curtin at 2/3 if Eagles don't, therefore making any other bids for 1 improbable.

From there, all bluster aside, North probably have the upper hand as to what the extras will be.

With all their extra end of firsts, 2 or more of them (this year and next) would be a good starting point.

As fans we talk about selections in terms of list needs, but when a recruiter gets a top 5 pick they're purely picking the player they think is best available.
I get that, and it very well could be that Curtain is the best available at that point, hence, I would take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back