Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the matchup numbers from that day...

View attachment 1827275

Smith was the biggest liability against him, 28 minutes for just 3 disposals and not 1 contested.
Probably a bit of work involved so no stress if it is, but do you have matchup numbers for Smith for other games?

My sense from the eye test is that these stats are not uncommon, and probably go some way to showing people on here why he hasn't been afforded midfield time of late.

Actually stoked with the Harmes pickup. My Melbourne mate says he actually is pretty versatile, can even play back.

But basically I’m stoked because it felt like going into next year we were one midfield injury away from dead. Especially if that injury is libba. Harmes is an afl quality player with some real hardness to him.

I think our team is getting better this off season

Probably a bit of work involved so no stress if it is, but do you have matchup numbers for Smith for other games?

My sense from the eye test is that these stats are not uncommon, and probably go some way to showing people on here why he hasn't been afforded midfield time of late.
It doesn’t tell the full picture though to just look at the stats and not take into account the role he’s being asked to play (which we’re not privvy to) - at his best we want the ball in Smiths hands breaking lines, and gut running from contest to contest and accountability probably comes second, to an extent of course.

It doesn’t tell the full picture though to just look at the stats and not take into account the role he’s being asked to play (which we’re not privvy to) - at his best we want the ball in Smiths hands breaking lines, and gut running from contest to contest and accountability probably comes second, to an extent of course.
I understand your point and agree broadly, but if you're getting 3 disposals in 28 minutes and your opponent is getting 13 (9 uncontested) and a goal...you're not really succeeding at anything.

I understand your point and agree broadly, but if you're getting 3 disposals in 28 minutes and your opponent is getting 13 (9 uncontested) and a goal...you're not really succeeding at anything.
Yeah definitely this game I agree, and whilst his own game hasn’t been up to scratch this year but just more pointing out overall I’m not sure it says a lot for a guy like Baz who probably usually isn’t asked to be accountable. He probably saw Newcombe for 2 secs before they both went off their own ways for those stats which count as a ‘direct match up’

Either way he definitely needs to improve don’t get me wrong there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Power is leaving a lot to be desired at the trade table in recent years. The Keath, Bruce & Treloar deals were positive value but we seem to be on the wrong end of pretty much every trade since then.

Sam Power is leaving a lot to be desired at the trade table in recent years. The Keath, Bruce & Treloar deals were positive value but we seem to be on the wrong end of pretty much every trade since then.
I’m not gonna cry over a F3 vs F4 it is what it is, but I feel like his mindset is more no nonsense ‘get it done’ than previous years when he was a real hardass.

Not necessarily the worst thing, ie if we ever land a big player I have faith in him to get the deal done. But you gotta hold your ground at times too

Unless Harmes plays well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not gonna cry over a F3 vs F4 it is what it is, but I feel like his mindset is more no nonsense ‘get it done’ than previous years when he was a real hardass.
I was just about to post essentially this.

I find it very interesting that we are moving so fast despite reportedly only having two more moves to come (Sweet & Coffield).

I think there may be something else coming.

Not necessarily the worst thing, ie if we ever land a big player I have faith in him to get the deal done. But you gotta hold your ground at times too
It's not necessarily this deal in isolation, it's a culmination of them. We're being 'nice' in these types of deals and still getting bent over when it comes to the tougher negotiations (Dunkley, Lobb etc.).

Melbourne supporters would be thrilled with the result and we would be 'meh' at best that didn't need to be completed as quickly as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back