Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can not for the life of me work out how there is such a big market for him
KPDs are in short supply.
Still, that's nuts if true.

Makes JOD such a brilliant signing too

Would much rather paton if we were looking at Saints. Was great as a lockdown small defender but Lyon is trying to play him as a wing.

I'd assume it would only happen if St.K were pushing him out to clear space. They'd probably want a third in that case rather the the first Fremantle want.
Billings is very Meh in my opinion though.
They are 100% pushing him out

I'd offer Billings 1.25m over 3 years if we could get him for a third rounder. Guarantees him an extra year which may appeal.

The bigger issue is if he would fit while we're playing Macrae/Smith/Daniel has half forwards though.

Totally irrelevant to us but gee Freo have had a lot of players request a trade out in the last 3-4 years. Has to be the most (apart from GWS) of any team doesn't it?

What's going on there?

Ask Caro 😉

That’s just pain dumb by the Hawks

And moreover, are the Cats going to be laughing their collective heads off with some ridiculously overs trade? When the same club (reportedly, at least) were unwilling to part with their first draft pick this year for Bailey Smith? That might be apocryphal, not sure. But boy, Geelong is leading a charmed life.

I'd offer Billings 1.25m over 3 years if we could get him for a third rounder. Guarantees him an extra year which may appeal.

The bigger issue is if he would fit while we're playing Macrae/Smith/Daniel has half forwards though.
Wing,

has averaged 20+ disposals numerous times

A thing I’ve noticed is Naughton’s marks on lead have declined as his defensive numbers have increased. I’m not saying there’s causation, but it’s possible the price for the focus on becoming the best defensive key forward in the game, and one of the best defensive forward generally, may have been paid in some ways by aspects of his offensive output.
Could be that our players keep kicking it to Naughtons opponent so he has to tackle and spoil instead of being able to mark it!

Could be that our players keep kicking it to Naughtons opponent so he has to tackle and spoil instead of being able to mark it!
Naughton currently lacks the nous to break out on an easy lead. Dermie would be perfect to spend time with him. He knows leading patterns better than most.

Billings is 28 now and has played 11 games in the past 2 seasons, looks like he’s lost a yard of pace too and looks slow as * now, it’s a no from me dawg

But how “delicious” would it be that we had picks 1, 2 & 4 from that draft.
Just need to get Josh Kelly here to complete the set 😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to clarify - are we talking Jack Billings, or Roy Billing here?

Don't hurt me, but I wonder if Chol could be turned into a defender?

Quick, can mark, has good ground skills for a big bugger and could learn the craft in the twos. Maybe play as the third intercepting tall and would likely cost a pkt of chips. If Dew comes in, it might be worth asking the question.

Again, just trying to think laterally and keep costs down for the 4 next year.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys, I don’t want this to come across as harsh but can we please use the words his and he’s correctly in posts?

His is a possessive adjective. “he hurt his knee”

He’s is short for he is “He’s not going to play this weekend because he’s sh*t”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Guys, I don’t want this to come across as harsh but can we please use the words his and he’s correctly in posts?

His is a possessive adjective. “he hurt his knee”

He’s is short for he is “He’s not going to play this weekend because he’s sh*t”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s a losing battle, I’ve raised this a number of times.

Yeah I've seen that. I guess we play the waiting game. Really want to start seeing the changes to the coaching panel. The names we have been linked to I like the sound of. Just have to get them in.
Well Tom Morris also said that Henry hasn’t settled on a club it would be interesting

That Hawthorn/Ratugolea story really is a doozy.

What makes it even stranger is that they are already pretty well stocked for tall defenders.

Sicily is obviously a gun and Jiath, DGB, Frost and a couple of kids in development, with Scrimshaw and Weddle as tallish defensive utilities, is a pretty solid unit given other list needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back