Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we not have to pass every comment past the censors? Seinfeld is a bit of a w***er but I agree with him and Larry David that it’s reaching a point you can’t say shit anymore.
You can do what you like. You should do so knowing that the things you say affect the lives of others, though.

I will continue to call out harmful rhetoric when I see it. What you choose to do with that is up to you.

At least the club doesn’t have to deal with Bailey Smith’s crap anymore I see that as a massive win

The pics of Power and Grant chortling away in the Bulldogs room at 7:15pm when they ought to have been stressed out of their mind tells us all we need to know about how authentic that last day of "trading" was.

Dillon at 7:16 "Sam, are you ready? You're on in two minutes."
Power: "OK, Andy, we're right to go."

The pics of Power and Grant chortling away in the Bulldogs room at 7:15pm when they ought to have been stressed out of their mind tells us all we need to know about how authentic that last day of "trading" was.

Dillon at 7:16 "Sam, are you ready? You're on in two minutes."
Power: "OK, Andy, we're right to go."

Spot on

They should attach an Oscar award to Brownlow night

Keep telling yourselves that.

We essentially got the deal that we were always going to get.

Geelong's first and a shuffling of later picks.

Geelongs posturing about pick 17 alone was just that. Posturing.
But we know that Geelong were offering solely just pick 17 right up until about 15 mins to go, until they relented.

I agree that it's "essentially" the same deal as I don't reckon the pick upgrade is worth all that much, but it still something more than not having the pick upgrade.

It's also impossible to know how much the Kennedy and Macrae trades relied on this pick upgrade, with the potential that Geelong may have not offered the same deal with just 47 or Carlton not accepting 45 or 47 instead of 38.

It's a strange way of dismissing something that is actually meaningful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well... one reason this will always be a small club is because we have no flipping spine. Other than the Daniel trade, we were shafted without lube. There is no way to paint this as anything other than another massive fail.

25 is good, Kennedy is good, but the rest was weak as piss. We went in with one plan, and one plan alone.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is kind of incredible that Geelong have managed to get

Tanner Bruhn (former pick 12) for pick 18
Bailey Smith (former pick 7 off an ACL) for effectivley pick 16.

Throw in the fact that both players are ready made and you're not getting the uncertainty of the fact that they have to improve as 18/19 year olds to even reach AFL level (like Sydney have found with Konstansy that's not always the case).

This is how the rich stay rich - you effectively get mid-first round talent for the end of the first round picks, as a team that's getting the influx of talent of a mid-table team.

It really is a bit sickening isn't it.

I don't really think our club could have done much else in the circumstances other than wait it out to the final minutes and more broadly seek to upgrade some of the issues that plague the fact that the draft in theory is necessary for out of contract pre-free agents and that some form of free agent rights needs to be more expansive than just eight years (with better compensation or whatever)

In times of crisis, it's good to know this board is a place of stable consistency... as we turn on each other... again.

We all know the real enemy...

The AFL.

Oh, and the GFC.

And, uh, the Swines.

And then there's... oh never mind, carry on. ☹
I'd like to remind everyone that Toby Greene got fined $20k today.

Things aren't so bad.

It is kind of incredible that Geelong have managed to get

Tanner Bruhn (former pick 12) for pick 18
Bailey Smith (former pick 7 off an ACL) for effectivley pick 16.

Throw in the fact that both players are ready made and you're not getting the uncertainty of the fact that they have to improve as 18/19 year olds to even reach AFL level (like Sydney have found with Konstansy that's not always the case).

This is how the rich stay rich - you effectively get mid-first round talent for the end of the first round picks, as a team that's getting the influx of talent of a mid-table team.

It really is a bit sickening isn't it.

I don't really think our club could have done much else in the circumstances other than wait it out to the final minutes and more broadly seek to upgrade some of the issues that plague the fact that the draft in theory is necessary for out of contract pre-free agents and that some form of free agent rights needs to be more expansive than just eight years (with better compensation or whatever)

But nothing dodgy at Geelong... 🙄

I’m just happy I don’t have to support that turd of a person Bailey Smith is.

All the best to Jack and Caleb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back