Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was well against using the Smith trade assets on Barrass but SDK is completely different. Whilst Barrass would improve us short term he doesn't set us up post Jones or Lobb. While SDK is an upgrade on Khamis and JOD he will also be able to take over from the senior guys as soon as they leave.
I highly doubt we could actually pry him out but it's a good thing we are asking the question of players of his quality rather then scraps they'd chuck in as steak knives.
At the moment he is only open to a move and not actively trying to get out, if he indicates he will leave next year when he is uncontracted should they block a trade this year then obviously it becomes a more realistic move.
I'd love to see "SDK has requested a trade to the Western Bulldogs" in tomorrow's papers.

That would up the ante, wouldn't it? 🙂

No club has been named yet

Feels like Blues make most sense.

I would love him obviously but don’t think he’d be worth the cost when we already have Dale. They would work together really well don’t get me wrong and Houston is a superior defender than Dale, but it seems weird paying a first rounder and some for a premium ball user off half back when we’ve already got one.

When he first came along he was a good kid. Smart, well spoken, seemed pretty humble. He’s changed a lot and for the worse.
My thoughts exactly.

I had a chat with him at the old cafe just before his first (pre-season) game.

Found him just as you've described. I came away thinking this kid is the breath of fresh air the club needed.

The bloke I see today bears no resemblence to that kid, sadly.

I would love him obviously but don’t think he’d be worth the cost when we already have Dale. They would work together really well don’t get me wrong and Houston is a superior defender than Dale, but it seems weird paying a first rounder and some for a premium ball user off half back when we’ve already got one.
Could use him and Richards as a HBF/On ball rotation

Have also been told today the dogs 100% asked for SDK to be involved in any deal for Smith with a straight swap suggested. Whilst De Koning was open to the idea the cats refused outright.
So far... First shot fired

Have also been told today the dogs 100% asked for SDK to be involved in any deal for Smith with a straight swap suggested. Whilst De Koning was open to the idea the cats refused outright.
At this point I'd rather we get nothing for him and send him to Richmond in the PSD.

Screw them, we can't get ripped off on this.

Definitely need to weigh up the cost, but Dale is a different player to Houston. Also having two elite users off half back means its a pick your poison situation if the opposing team wants to tag one of them. Dale is still very gettable if a tagger goes to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely need to weigh up the cost, but Dale is a different player to Houston. Also having two elite users off half back means its a pick your poison situation if the opposing team wants to tag one of them. Dale is still very gettable if a tagger goes to him.
Houston can also play wing and on ball is reasonably quick but unlike a lot of our current options has a long penetrating kick

So far... First shot fired

Yep, don’t let them have it all their own way. Even if it only causes some unrest I’m comfortable with that.

Excited Lets Go GIF

Demanding SDK (while, if we use the new contract he would sign at the Dogs as being less than what Smith is signing at Geelong) as a straight swap is absolutely perfect in terms of trade negotiations. At the end of the day SDK wasn't picked for their finals team so while we all agree he's a good player in our need, naturally, the very fact of not being selected means he's not that good.

Because it clearly represents that we're asking for a player of lessor worth and less talent and are being reasonable in light of asking for reduced assets due to Smith being out of contract.

Geelong's only logic for underpaying negotiations is the very fact Smith is out of contract, and demanding a trade to Geelong.

We can then say "we were reasonable for the fact that Smith is out of contract but not yet a free agent. Because the rules allow us to send him to the PSD, we will, because we were reasonable in only asking for a lesser player back".

Demanding SDK (while, if we use the new contract he would sign at the Dogs as being less than what Smith is signing at Geelong) as a straight swap is absolutely perfect in terms of trade negotiations. At the end of the day SDK wasn't picked for their finals team so while we all agree he's a good player in our need, naturally, the very fact of not being selected means he's not that good.

Because it clearly represents that we're asking for a player of lessor worth and less talent and are being reasonable in light of asking for reduced assets due to Smith being out of contract.

Geelong's only logic for underpaying negotiations is the very fact Smith is out of contract, and demanding a trade to Geelong.

We can then say "we were reasonable for the fact that Smith is out of contract but not yet a free agent. Because the rules allow us to send him to the PSD, we will, because we were reasonable in only asking for a lesser player back".
Aren't you forgetting something here?

"This is different. This is us!"

#catsentitlement

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back