Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grima, Greenwood, Wright would all be great inclusions, but how can you be confident with the way the Roos rookies keep gettin dropped, it happens year after year. Its bad enough having Anthony sit there, even tho his is an injury.
That's a fairly ignorant and uninformed statement. The only rookie we've dropped that hasn't returned yet is Greenwood. Everyone else that we've blooded in Ziebell, Warren, Wright, Grima, Ross are yet to be dropped.
I'd be wary of trading in Wright and Grima though; Wright will probably make way for Campbell or Harvey, while Grima will probably make room for Hansen or Pratt.

I have 10 trades left and for the 4th time in a row, I'm using 2. After that, never again unless an injury occours. After calculating the outcomes, I can make 2 ripping trades. I have $72,800 in the bank atm and if I downgrade Higgins to O'Keefe, I have $124,400 in the bank. When I trade out Rich I have $389,600 meaning I can get myself another Premium and finally complete my midfield. The options I had were astounding! Kornes, Goodes, Dal Santo, S.Tuck, Scott Thompson. I'm pretty much drooling at the moment.

At the moment i am working on a 3 week trading plan. Have been fairly fortunate injury wise (touch wood:eek:) so do have a few trades up my sleeve.

Week 1: Petrenko->Grima
Week 2: Rich->Muston
Suban->Mackie
Week 3: Raines->Premium Back

Backline is really the only part of my team at the moment that needs attention.

Thus giving me a backline of Goddard/Lockyer/Chornes/Mackie/Premium/Drummond/Malceski/:thumbsu:

in a pickle of who to get in my forwards

currently have starting:
steve johnson
matthew Pavlich
franklin
gia
ziebell

and need to trade out
higgins 328k
walker 212k

have 171k in salary

and options to pick 2 of
brown 355
davey 353
o keefe 349
brad johnson 343
goodwin 339

thoughts?

Okay I've had a fairly liberal week with trades, and think that either Hasleby or Coughlan are going to end up being a keeper in my midfield (which do people think?)

I'm thinking going Higgins -> Gia

Krak-> O'keefe

and then waiting a couple of weeks then trading Rich to Muston, hopefully freeing up an extra 200k

Which will be used to upgrade either Cogs or Hasleby to hopefully Bartel/Hayes/Swan

and that leaves my team almost finished. Will just have to wait until Hartlett gets to a price that he can be upgraded from, then Raines -> rookie back, Hartlett -> premium

Will leave me or 7 trades for injuries for the rest of the year.

hey i have $411,600 and im wondering who is the best premium back option to trade in, im thinking cornes or enright which would leave me with $60000 to help with another trade next week.

Any thoughts,

If you have Goddard, Id go with Enright - super consistent. Lockyer is ideally still a week away if you have time on your side.

Im looking at offloading Rich and perhaps Higgins.

I could go Rich to Corey/Pendles/Montagna & Higgins to ROK

Or Rich to Cross and Higgins to SJ/Roo.

I think this seems like much of a muchness though.

Who do people like out of the above mentioned mids? All are on absolute fire. I dont really see the point in bringing in Cross or Thompson so much as i dont see them avg 100+ for the remainder of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am looking at probably keeping Higgins. I have 5 trades planned for the next three weeks which will finalise my team and then I have another 5 left for LTI's. Given Higgins is only going to miss a max of 5 games and I have Brown and Warren on the bench i am just going to wait it out.

Tough decision on Houlihan though. I was planning to trade him to Lockyer this week but now with the possibility that he will come back in...

hey i have $411,600 and im wondering who is the best premium back option to trade in, im thinking cornes or enright which would leave me with $60000 to help with another trade next week.

Any thoughts,

u probs should hav started with cornes, but n e way. bowdan is the clear stand out there. u may want to wait 3-4 weeks to get him tho coz he will decrease in value shitloads.
otherwise i would go fisher in 2 weeks.

cross vs thompson vs cooney vs hayes

im leaning to cross coz if his price

At the moment i am working on a 3 week trading plan.
Same here.
This week : Higgins to Gia/ROK (No point keeping Higgins if he isn't right)
Next week : Ziebell to Muston (Z has flattened out, Muston looks like being good coverage and cash cow)
Week after : Adcock to GAJ/Bartel (Didn't plan to keep Adcock all year and GAJ/Bartel will be at their lowest in 2 weeks)

Will have 10 trades left after that for the second half of the year.

u probs should hav started with cornes, but n e way. bowdan is the clear stand out there. u may want to wait 3-4 weeks to get him tho coz he will decrease in value shitloads.
otherwise i would go fisher in 2 weeks.

cross vs thompson vs cooney vs hayes

im leaning to cross coz if his price
of that lot, if you can afford him I'd definitely go hayes

Anyone thinking of trading in leon davis.. dont.. dids, meddie and daisy back this week... leon will quieten down now.. happens every year.. dids out.. leon fires.. he will still be good.. but not at his current price tag.. Similar situation thats happen with higgins/Gia.. guess its dependant on dids form.. might take awhile for him to hit form.. whilst leon racks it up.. but longer term.. I would be wary of trading him in..

Loving my trades this week:

Otten to Swan
Higgins to Goodwin

Anyone tell me if Bock and Didak are a chance this week?

Ooh, Muston. I'm going to have to get my hands on him next week perhaps by downgrading Beams.

So after doing Higgins -> O'Keefe and Rich -> Kornes this week, I'll be downgrading Beams to Muston next week leaving me with 7 trades left which I will only use to upgrade 1 more forward (Ziebell the favorite) and the last 6 for injuries.

Any thoughts,
I find that if you have alot of cash in the bank (ie over 250k), that you sometimes get tempted to overlook, and disregard value. Sure you can afford any player you want, but is leon davis worth 440k, when for 320k you can get premiums (goodwin, buddy, gia, etc) who will probably only score 10ppg less at a max.

10ppg over 13 rounds = 130 points which definately doesnt equal the extra 120k spent.

Look for value with all your trades - obviously you want the best, but dont pay overs for a minimal gain when there are plenty of underpriced premiums available that should be taken advantage of. This is a little circumstantial though (depending on the spread of premiums - between, lower end to high end - your team possesses).

Something to think about.

This Week:
Higgins > O'Keefe
Hill > Enright

Seems like it could be severla weeks for Higgins so will need to get rid of him. Not liking Mackie or Fisher atm. I know they both have history counting towards their upside but I just can't fathom a trade for someone whose avg is a result of scores all over the shop. Would much prefer Enright who is super consistent.

Thoughts?

I have three options and require a little bit of assistance please.

Option 1:

Rich -----> Ablett
Higgins -----> O'keefe/Davey/Goodwin - Which one?

Option 2:

Rich -----> Swan
Higgins -----> Pavlich

Option 3:

Rich -----> Kornes/S.Thompson/Cross ect
Higgins -----> Davis/SJ

Looking at trading out Rich + Higgins as well H2G.

Personally i'm looking to go Rich>>>Swan, Higgins>>>Goodwin/Gia/Davey and a rookie downgrade to make that happen. Or Rich>>>Thompson and Higgins>>>Riewoldt

They're similar to options one, two and three i guess. With two you two proven premiums, not keepers but premiums. With one and three you get a premium and a keeper but a 110+ppg premium. Personally I'd probably go 2, but it's a hard choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back