Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
look im not here to start arguements or anything like that, but ive always wondered why people pissed off when another thread like this one has been opened up, does it clog bandwidth and slow servers? cause if it doesnt i dont see a problem? but then again im not moderator and im only asking the question

Krak - > Keeper/Premium OR ROK/Franklin
Personally I dont' see Grimes as a keeper, thus Broughton is the better option. People are saying that there's no loss if you trade Grimes when he reaches 300k, but there is. You lose the 110k you're saving initially which you could spend elsewhere (e.g. your Forwards)

You do realise I wasnt actually asking those question right?

Both choices are fairly crap if you ask me.

Ok Champ
Heres my team
You tell me what i should do... since your so professional (mate your probs coming about 10,000th anyway

Defence- Hodge Goddard Chad Cornes Adcock Drummond Mackie Cheney
Petrenko Broughton
Midfield-Ablett Gibbs Pendles Swan Tuck Beams
Cockie Sheldon
Rucks- Jolly Kreuzer
Jacobs Browne
Forwards- Stevie J Deledio Franklin Gia Pavlich Higgins Skippy
Ballantyne Walker

You do realise I wasnt actually asking those question right?

Unfortunately, sarcasm isn't internet-compatable.

Would be nice to stick to the previous protocol of 1000 posts = new thread from now on, but what's done is done.

Bringing in Grimes as a potential 7th back/DT finals upgrade, and Walker > Sidebottom to make a little cash.

Next week will downgrade Mitch Brown and bring in a primo for Tuck.

look im not here to start arguements or anything like that, but ive always wondered why people pissed off when another thread like this one has been opened up, does it clog bandwidth and slow servers? cause if it doesnt i dont see a problem? but then again im not moderator and im only asking the question

If only all big footy members could think like you!:thumbsu:

I have 14 trades left with only 33grand, and im tossing up whether or not to trade this week.

if everyone gets up that i need (zeibell, ablett, houlihan, higgins) hill and krakouer will be on field who im not 100% happy with and are looking to downgrade or upgrade

raines houlihan rich zeibell coughlan are fringe players that i think im going to be forced to keep for a little while which isnt bad and i could also add adcock to this list

then i have my bench. with petrenko, zaharakis, hartlett, walker, brown all there with cash to their name im wondering if i should just keep these guys for later,

Ok Champ
Heres my team
You tell me what i should do... since your so professional (mate your probs coming about 10,000th anyway

Defence- Hodge Goddard Chad Cornes Adcock Drummond Mackie Cheney
Petrenko Broughton
Midfield-Ablett Gibbs Pendles Swan Tuck Beams
Cockie Sheldon
Rucks- Jolly Kreuzer
Jacobs Browne
Forwards- Stevie J Deledio Franklin Gia Pavlich Higgins Skippy
Ballantyne Walker
Nah it's ok mate. Go for Mcglynn. Trade as many mid-pricers in as possible.

You don't need a very high ranking to know that the trades you just offered are useless.

For example, Adcock to Grimes is pointless, Adcock is over 300k ATM, you may as well pick up Fisher for him.

If Walker is on your bench, why would you upgrade him to a mid pricer that could get dropped? You lose money, and only gain points if you have an injury. Your better off downgrading Walker.

Petrenko isn't worth downgrading, he is way too cheap. If you have him, just keep him on the bench and hope he rises.

Tuck to Cross is a resonable trade, but if you downgrade Walker, you could pick up Kornes instead.

Higgins to Mcglynn. Well, I could just go on about how stupid this trade is. Higgins is a keeper, at least until he has some down weeks. He is returning this week, just hold on to him.

Petrenko to Grimes, on the other hand isn't such a bad trade, but why would you get Grimes if he is going to be on your bench? If you really want Grimes, your better off downgrading Cheney to him.

Walker to Austin, can't fault this, you've finally got one right. Ok maybe one fault, Austin could possibly get dropped, and then you will be left with no emergencies playing unless Ballantyne is named.

Tuck to Cross, refer to paragraph 6.

Refer to the Golden Rules thread stickied on this board if you want to get some basic trading rules as I can see you don't understand them.

Nah it's ok mate. Go for Mcglynn. Trade as many mid-pricers in as possible.

You don't need a very high ranking to know that the trades you just offered are useless.

For example, Adcock to Grimes is pointless, Adcock is over 300k ATM, you may as well pick up Fisher for him.

If Walker is on your bench, why would you upgrade him to a mid pricer that could get dropped? You lose money, and only gain points if you have an injury. Your better off downgrading Walker.

Petrenko isn't worth downgrading, he is way too cheap. If you have him, just keep him on the bench and hope he rises.

Tuck to Cross is a resonable trade, but if you downgrade Walker, you could pick up Kornes instead.

Higgins to Mcglynn. Well, I could just go on about how stupid this trade is. Higgins is a keeper, at least until he has some down weeks. He is returning this week, just hold on to him.

Petrenko to Grimes, on the other hand isn't such a bad trade, but why would you get Grimes if he is going to be on your bench? If you really want Grimes, your better off downgrading Cheney to him.

Walker to Austin, can't fault this, you've finally got one right. Ok maybe one fault, Austin could possibly get dropped, and then you will be left with no emergencies playing unless Ballantyne is named.

Tuck to Cross, refer to paragraph 6.

Refer to the Golden Rules thread stickied on this board if you want to get some basic trading rules as I can see you don't understand them.

Ok thanks mate, i apologize for being an ignorant prick

I think i will look at doing the following
Petrenko to Grimes- I think grimes is a good option for 7th defender
Walker to Wright/Austin
Next week
Tuck to Premium mid (probs around 340-350)

Note- It will depend on who is around that price to determine whether i do another downgrade)

depending on team lists these trades are fairly set in stone

Out: Houlihan and Hill
In: P.Burgoyne and Grimes

if houlihan is named then it will just be hill ---> grimes and i will look at picking up lockyer next week as he has a b/e of aroun 140.

15 Trades
72.9k in bank

1st trade is gonna be Brown>>Sidebottom, unless I can be convinced otherwise. But for other 2nd trade...

Option 1:
Houlihan>>Grimes

Option 2:
Hill>>Grimes

Option 3:
Petrenko>>Broughton

Option 4:
Suban>>Broughton

Its worth noting that I currently have Hill, Raines, Petrenko and Suban starting (Hodge, Houlihan on bench).

I am currently favouring (marginally) Option 3 as it rids me of Petrenko and his dirty scores. But Grimes is intriguing to me with the possibility of his high scores and so i'm starting to consider Option 1 and 2.

Someone help, this is a major DT dilemna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im thinking long and hard about
Skippy to Ben Ross
Petrenko to Grimes

Leaving them for the rest of the season as 7th forward and 7th back...
Thoughts?

Petrenko to Broughton is a waste of a trade imo. You're not gaining enough cash. I'd just leave Petrenko there.

I hear that. Only problem with that is I'm carrying Collier on my bench too :eek: As my backline stands:

Gilbee Enright Birchall Malceski Hill Suban Cheney / Petrenko Collier

None of my cash cows have peaked in other positions, and while Suban is close, I thought I'd trade him next week.

Any alternate suggestions would be appreciated. 100k in the bank.

I am thinking of doing
Option 1
T Tuck > Davenport
Hill > Broughton
Option 2
T Tuck > Davenport
Walker > 389100k to spend.

Thoughts ?

Thinking of doing

Hill -> Grimes
Walker -> ROK/Pav. Just not sure if i should save on cash or just go to Pav. I'm still not convinced Pav will regularly score tons yet. So I might as well go for ROK. Will decide later i guess.

I already gave Higgins the flick for Lids.

Now I want to give Krakour the chop too. I just don't have the trades to get rid of him even with the looming pricedrop.

Somehow managed to carry him to a score of 2050 last week. I think if he can shake off these 40s his price will go up to a level where I can cash in more.

I really need to maximise what I have left right now. My bank is dry and I still need to get Ablett, Cox and Bowden to be really happy I've got all the big guns.

Once Richmond get onto that "might not make finals" cusp Bowden is going to go ******* and get his super scores to try and get them up and I want in on it.

Im thinking long and hard about
Skippy to Ben Ross
Petrenko to Grimes

Leaving them for the rest of the season as 7th forward and 7th back...
Thoughts?

I think you should stop asking for help every 5 minutes. They way your going you'll be opening part 7 of this thread in about an hour. Work someting out for yourself.

I already gave Higgins the flick for Lids.

Now I want to give Krakour the chop too. I just don't have the trades to get rid of him even with the looming pricedrop.

Somehow managed to carry him to a score of 2050 last week. I think if he can shake off these 40s his price will go up to a level where I can cash in more.

I really need to maximise what I have left right now. My bank is dry and I still need to get Ablett, Cox and Bowden to be really happy I've got all the big guns.

Once Richmond get onto that "might not make finals" cusp Bowden is going to go ******* and get his super scores to try and get them up and I want in on it.

i stopped reading here

depending on team lists these trades are fairly set in stone

Out: Houlihan and Hill
In: P.Burgoyne and Grimes

if houlihan is named then it will just be hill ---> grimes and i will look at picking up lockyer next week as he has a b/e of aroun 140.

Just a suggestion - and feel free to ignore - but don't bring purgoyne in this week. He doesn't like the contested footy very much and playing Sydney he'll be lucky to get 40 points.

I have him and am dreading my score this week with 4 port players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back