Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was just looking at some players that may go up in value, jason davenport can anyone tell me how hes been going in port? just been looking at options for possible downgrades and dont want to just jump on the steele bandwagon

I think I have decided now

If houlihan named

Week 1
Hill -> Grimes
Krak -> ROK

If Houlihan not named

Week 1
Petrenko - Grimes
Krak -> ROK

Edit: Scratch that - i'll wait for Didak to drop over the next 2 weeks then bring him in

Maybe try and downgrade to a mid rookie next week - hopefully there is one.

Want to do Otten -> Kornes in a few weeks

I'm thinking of going the old one-two punch and bringing in Prestigiacomo and Glass in the same week.

Thoughts? Should I do it this week, or save the big guns for finals?

Just a suggestion - and feel free to ignore - but don't bring purgoyne in this week. He doesn't like the contested footy very much and playing Sydney he'll be lucky to get 40 points.

I have him and am dreading my score this week with 4 port players

nah good point. hmm gets me thinking again.

Ahh I really need some help
I'm going Brown to Sidebottom as long as he's named which will leave me with $185100
Do I then trade Stephen Hill --> Mackie which will leave my defenders as: Goddard, Cornes,Adcock,Mackie,Birchall,Houlihan, Raines
or do I trade
Tuck/Rich -->Gibbs

I really dont know which to do can some one please give me any ideas as to which one I should do?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have 14 trades left with only 33grand, and im tossing up whether or not to trade this week.

if everyone gets up that i need (zeibell, ablett, houlihan, higgins) hill and krakouer will be on field who im not 100% happy with and are looking to downgrade or upgrade

raines houlihan rich zeibell coughlan are fringe players that i think im going to \ keep for a little while which isnt bad and i could also add adcock to this list

then i have my bench. with petrenko, zaharakis, hartlett, walker, brown all there with cash to their name im wondering if i should just keep these guys for later,
user_offline.gif

Can someone tell me if theres a site where you can plug in numbers to see how it will affect players price if that's what they score? I remember seeing it before but can't find it...

I have 14 trades left with only 33grand, and im tossing up whether or not to trade this week.

if everyone gets up that i need (zeibell, ablett, houlihan, higgins) hill and krakouer will be on field who im not 100% happy with and are looking to downgrade or upgrade

raines houlihan rich zeibell coughlan are fringe players that i think im going to \ keep for a little while which isnt bad and i could also add adcock to this list

then i have my bench. with petrenko, zaharakis, hartlett, walker, brown all there with cash to their name im wondering if i should just keep these guys for later,
user_offline.gif

Firstly on Krakouer I think that all owners should stick by him. He didnt fluke his first 5 rounds, he is capable and realistically should average 75-90 so although his price is dipping now he will stablise in 3-4 weeks back up around 300k if not surpass and continue to rise past to around 320-330 IMO. So you have Raines Coughlan Ziebell and Rich who have not reached there potential yet and are worth holding onto for a few more weeks at least and most of them are posting decent scores so they are therefore not worth worrying about. Houlihan is probably your main problem. You need to get rid of him if he is not named which is the most probable outcome this week. However you dont have much cash to upgrade him with. Assuming he is in your backline you would be aiming for Bowden(on the way down), Goddard (@ his price peak but not likely to come down), Lockyer (On the way down also) (but you probably have most of these obvious types) or a similar high scoring potential proven gun because you shouldnt settle for a mediocre premium. So you have to decide to either trade someone like Petrenko out, which in my mind is useless because he has not yielded enough cash to warrant a trade out (may as well keep him for the rest of the year, can't see much depth at adelaide), or trade another bench player out. Walker is one week away from his peak which leaves Mitch Brown who is at his price peak at this current point in time. The obvious thing to do is to trade Brown/Hill to a sidebottom/broughton and trade houlihan up. However you may want to consider trading Houlihan down to a Broughton (@ 75k) and wait a week to trade Walker/Brown/Hill up to a premium. Apparantly Hill will be rested this week so you will probably have to trade one of houlihan or hill out for a rookie i would suggest. I guess the difference is whether you require a premium forward or a premium back. In any case i don't think any more than just the one trade needs to be rushed into this week as from what you have posted your team looks fairly stable.

Ahh I really need some help
I'm going Brown to Sidebottom as long as he's named which will leave me with $185100
Do I then trade Stephen Hill --> Mackie which will leave my defenders as: Goddard, Cornes,Adcock,Mackie,Birchall,Houlihan, Raines
or do I trade
Tuck/Rich -->Gibbs

I really dont know which to do can some one please give me any ideas as to which one I should do?

definitely mackie who is very well priced.

Gibbs is not particularly well priced. Rich/Tuck will be perfect upgrade targets in the next 3 weeks or so as a number of premium mids will be dropping - Salopek & Kane both have scores in the 30s due to injury which will kill their price; likewise Swan and Ablett will be dropping. I don't know why you are fixated on Gibbs as you have pretty much missed the boat on that one by 8 weeks.

EDIT: assuming you have decent backup in the backline.

Matt Austin?

Anyone know the likelyhood of this guy sticking around?
Another option for those wanting to downgrade sidebottom.....

$30,000 cheaper and listed in the midfield.
Does his position on the field reflect this?

Just wondering on other ppls views...

Which is better?

1. krak/j.Roo for n.Roo/Sidebottom
2. krak/krez for Sidebottom/Cox
3. j.roo/krez for sidebottom/Cox

11 trades left. 1 for the week. I decided not to get Steve Johnson because he'll have Morris giving him hell so I'm now leaning towards Dale Thomas -> Riewoldt who will be smashing Brisbane without Merrett and Patful though I'm still considering a backline upgrade like Hill -> Mackie or a midfield option like Rich/Otten -> Montagna but I think Rich's price may increase 1 more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back