Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this week should be the last of Taylor Walker's in each person's squad who held onto him. Who is everyone looking at as a downgrade? Austin had a good debut but has poor job security. Dick is on the bubble. Ballantyne is fit in one week but has missed a lot of footy.

So, this week should be the last of Taylor Walker's in each person's squad who held onto him. Who is everyone looking at as a downgrade? Austin had a good debut but has poor job security. Dick is on the bubble. Ballantyne is fit in one week but has missed a lot of footy.

Dont be silly. Walker will play 22 games this year, perfect backup if (when) one of your forwards goes down with an adductor injury.

Not every bench player has to be a cash cow.

Okay, have decided that in some form I am getting Sidebottom in this week, just not sure for whom.

My team is;

BACKS: Cornes, Goddard, Fisher, Enright, Drummond, Grimes, Hill - Broughton, Petrenko
MIDS: Bartel, Swan, Gibbs, Selwood, Rich, Coughlan - Zaharakis, Hartlett
RUCKS: Cox, Kreuzer - Spencer, Jacobs
FORWARDS: Pavlich, Franklin, Chapman, Deledio, Goodwin, Higgins, Krakouer - Brown, Hentschel.

I know I made a mistake keeping/picking Hentschel but I have bit the bullet and its killing me. Basically I would ideally like to trade Brown to Sidebottom but 80K just doesn't seem enough to justify the trade, alternatively I could trade Zaha or Rich down to him and then in 2 weeks I would be able to trade Zaha/Rich to Kane Cornes. I'm just worried about Brown getting dropped and then having no emergencies for injury liabilities Chapman and Higgins, thoughts?? Anything other than the Sidebottom trade??

I'm currently ranked 306th

Dont be silly. Walker will play 22 games this year, perfect backup if (when) one of your forwards goes down with an adductor injury.

You could also say M.Brown is probably going to play the rest of the year out.. Are you going to hold onto him as a backup aswell?, i think he has a better scoring potential with solid 50s and 60s

Warren and Ballantyne will end up as my backups i think. I'll sell Brown to get Hayden in a month or so as i'll need the cash to get to volt.

I would trade Warren out before Mitch Brown. Warren won't keep his spot for too much longer i wouldn't have thought. He hasn't been overly impressive in his first 5 games. They will both be about the same price i would suggest when Ballantyne comes into the equation but Mitch Brown will keep his spot providing he doesn't get injured. You don't trade someone like Mitch Brown because u think they will get injured, even if he does end up being injured for a few games i think he will miss less football than Warren. I am a Warren owner and i think he's pretty rubbish. I just hope that North's injury plaugue continues and he keeps doing just enough to keep his spot.

I think injury is a problem with Brown. Wouldnt think hed play the rest of the games this year.
fair point, being a crows fan, theres a big need for a key forward and alot of fans want to see players like kurt tippet and Walker get games, in other words fast track their development.. Im pretty sure he will play the rest of the year.. Might have a 1-2 game break.. If you look at tippet as an example last year pretty much played all games.

fair point, being a crows fan, theres a big need for a key forward and alot of fans want to see players like kurt tippet and Walker get games, in other words fast track their development.. Im pretty sure he will play the rest of the year.. Might have a 1-2 game break.. If you look at tippet as an example last year pretty much played all games.

Burton is still listed as out indefinately, do you think we could see him just after the mid season break that could put pressure on Walkers spot?

Burton is still listed as out indefinately, do you think we could see him just after the mid season break that could put pressure on Walkers spot?
Nope, Burton shouldnt be a threat at all..
hentschel maybe, however atm i think walker has shown that he is a better option then hentschel for us..

My final reserves will probably be something like:

Suban, Broughton (have both now)
Anthony, Other (have neither now)
Sidey, Ballantyne (have sidey now)

I think suban/broughton should both play a large portion of the season, anthony will play last 8 or so games (as will ballantyne). I think they not only provide good cover, but also some nice scoring potential (for rookies anyway).

I was going to bring in two more cash cows / long term bench players this week, but think I have decided against that and am looking to spend my cash that has been sitting in the bank.

Hill->Grimes
Krakouer->Pavlich

Leaves a fwd line of Riewoldt, S.Johnson, Pavlich, J.Brown, Higgins, Skipworth, M.Brown and Walker.

Next week, sorting out my backs.

As per usual, this all depends on named teams. :D

F Houlihan is probably your main problem. You need to get rid of him if he is not named which is the most probable outcome this week. However you dont have much cash to upgrade him with. or trade another bench player out. The obvious thing to do is to trade Brown/Hill to a sidebottom/broughton and trade houlihan up. However you may want to consider trading Houlihan down to a Broughton (@ 75k) and wait a week to trade Walker/Brown/Hill up to a premium.

my fwd line is pretty stable atm, only low point is krak and zeibell, but yeah ill be leaving them.

So the backline is where ill be doing the work this week, if hill is dropped and houlihan doesnt make it, is it wise to go

houlihan - grimes then
hill - someone who is 400k or less?

or houlihan to broughten - playing him for a while
hill to anyone which will equal me saving more cash

as i have Petrenko, J as the only back up in the backs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$165,900 left, 11 trades left

Hill -> Mackie + Extra cash

VS

Dale Thomas -> Riewoldt

VS

Dale Thomas -> RO'K + Extra cash

lol. Speak for yourself. His price will drop drastically after the 115 is out of his rotation. 30's and 40's don't excite me much for backup, and M.Brown is just as likely to play the rest of the year.

Yeah I see Walker and Brown as capable of the same scores. Walker will be a higher price next week when im upgrading, so he will be gone. Brown will either be season cover, or traded for Ballantyne for cash.

my fwd line is pretty stable atm, only low point is krak and zeibell, but yeah ill be leaving them.

So the backline is where ill be doing the work this week, if hill is dropped and houlihan doesnt make it, is it wise to go

houlihan - grimes then
hill - someone who is 400k or less?

or houlihan to broughten - playing him for a while
hill to anyone which will equal me saving more cash

as i have Petrenko, J as the only back up in the backs

just wondering what people think>

just wondering what people think>

I do believe Grimes will average pretty solidly this season if he stays injury free, perhaps in the 75-80 zone, probably bout the same as Houlihan, when he gets back in the team. So its a pretty like standard trade but your making about 114k or so (roughly i cant remember) and yeah I think Hill is bound to get rested soonish but seems like he could average 60 or so (he will get 80s then get those dreaded 30-40s)

In other words if you're going to upgrade Hilly then yeah you need someone who will average 90+ I'd say go for it if you got some trades left
Anyway you can trade lets say Petrenko and get someone at the 350 or so and get enright then bench Hill?

Broughton is decent for his price, and might average around hill at about 55-60 and should play regular I guess because our depth isn't super great. (Although Broughton has been OK he hasn't been super impressive). I think if you have a plan for that spare cash then maybe this is an option if you just think its handy, then I think option one is better.

Sorry if too in depth but yeah thats my two cents worth.

I do believe Grimes will average pretty solidly this season if he stays injury free, perhaps in the 75-80 zone, probably bout the same as Houlihan, when he gets back in the team. So its a pretty like standard trade but your making about 114k or so (roughly i cant remember) and yeah I think Hill is bound to get rested soonish but seems like he could average 60 or so (he will get 80s then get those dreaded 30-40s)

In other words if you're going to upgrade Hilly then yeah you need someone who will average 90+ I'd say go for it if you got some trades left
Anyway you can trade lets say Petrenko and get someone at the 350 or so and get enright then bench Hill?

Broughton is decent for his price, and might average around hill at about 55-60 and should play regular I guess because our depth isn't super great. (Although Broughton has been OK he hasn't been super impressive). I think if you have a plan for that spare cash then maybe this is an option if you just think its handy, then I think option one is better.

Sorry if too in depth but yeah thats my two cents worth.

I have the feeling Broughton will average a little higher. Not much but maybe anoter 5-10pts per week.

he scored heavily in the first half, but seemed to run out of puff. A couple of weeks of getting match fit should see him run out a game a little better.

I do believe Grimes will average pretty solidly this season if he stays injury free, perhaps in the 75-80 zone, probably bout the same as Houlihan, when he gets back in the team.

Convicts had Gram av. 77 as his 7th back last year. If Grimes can do that i'll be pretty happy.

The thing with broughton, is that he seems the consistent type (i know hard to base on two game, but just go with me). Id much rather having him cover for 60 points per week than having hill who is 80 one week and 30 the next. I also plan on keeping suban the whole year, who similarly displays good consistency - only scored below 40 once, and is averaging a reasonable 50.

My thoughts are too, that brown>walker - just my gut, but i would feel much more comfortable with brown than walker. Saying that, i ditched walker very early (week before his 115), and only gained about 60-70k from the trade. Whilst it may seem a waste, it was the only way i could do the cloke>deledio upgraded i not only wanted, but felt i needed. Deledio has performed outstandingly in this time, and overall these have been good trades based on my gut. Though walker may of scored that 115 and gone up a bit more, cloke has went down almost as much - add this to the points gained from cloke>deledio and i am happy.

Hmm - kinda rambling, but i hope that makes sense.

Ok I had to do an early trade. I know it's stupid but the more I have to think about it myself, the more insane I become so I just went Hill -> Mackie to give me a solid backline. 10 trades left so I'm going to keep quiet in this thread for a while.

Convicts had Gram av. 77 as his 7th back last year. If Grimes can do that i'll be pretty happy.
I have thought about this too, and have some stats at home which i will try to remember to post later (at uni now without access), but i must say this:

That was last year when the scenarios were different - many of the premium backs had faltered and thus a player averaging that was acceptable. That may not be the case in 2009, and in my view, the FWs are much worse for wear - richo, boomer, didak, NGB, higgins, murphy... who are all keepers, have not produced in 2009 for various reasons (mainly injury) and thus, maybe an 80 average is enough for a FW keeper in 2009 due to the situation at hand.

All im saying is, dont base the keeper values or what is the norm on the past, but on the current situation. Are there enough back keepers that are accessable? Thats the question that must be asked and answered.

Ok I had to do an early trade. I know it's stupid but the more I have to think about it myself, the more insane I become so I just went Hill -> Mackie to give me a solid backline. 10 trades left so I'm going to keep quiet in this thread for a while.

Yes it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back