Autopsy Trade Discussions III

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I think we were pretty much neck and neck with Nth and results before the last beating showed this.

I don't think we are a few years away as I don't think their players have as much individual improvement in them as we have in Vlas, Ellis, Conca, Martin and co. We may improve very very quickly. We should still finish ahead of them in 2014.

I think Essendon and North are clearly ahead of us. I agree we have more talent in our youth. Frankly I think North will be another Bulldogs, up their but not quite good enough. Bombers might win in 3 years before they dip. IMO our real surge should be in about 3 years in terms of genuine contention and if we trade/draft appropriately now adding more quality to our when we surge with possible FA in 2-3yrs then we should have the quality to put ourselves in a position to actually win as opposed to making up the numbers. Thats why IMO we should be chasing draft picks now IMO

Melbourne flogs think they beat us for Tyson

LOL

Bottom line is that GWS let him go cause he hasn't come on as they had hoped. Still I guess its not a terrible deal. They still have another first rounder in return. Probably better without the pressure of having the pick that was supposed to get them the best midfielder in the draft. Spooked by the resounding successes of high picks in Morton, Watts, Trengove and Scully.:D

I think Essendon and North are clearly ahead of us. I agree we have more talent in our youth. Frankly I think North will be another Bulldogs, up their but not quite good enough. Bombers might win in 3 years before they dip. IMO our real surge should be in about 3 years in terms of genuine contention and if we trade/draft appropriately now adding more quality to our when we surge with possible FA in 2-3yrs then we should have the quality to put ourselves in a position to actually win as opposed to making up the numbers. Thats why IMO we should be chasing draft picks now IMO
Essendon will drop off either next year or the year after. Too many holes on their list, not enough midfield depth, and no way to get it now without top draft picks.

They're going to be in a bit of a hole soon.

Fletcher will play one more season, Jobe probably has 2 seasons of absolute top level play.

Zaharakis can play, as can Heppell. Apart from that, where is their midfield improvement going to come from?? Not too much else there that is genuine quality.

Not to mention their ASADA infractions, the fact they just lost their best key forward, and a backup ruck man/forward.

Essendon will drop off either next year or the year after. Too many holes on their list, not enough midfield depth, and no way to get it now without top draft picks.

Fletcher will play one more season, Jobe probably has 2 seasons of absolute top level play.

Zaharakis can play, as can Heppell. Apart from that, where is their midfield improvement going to come from?? Not too much else there that is genuine quality. .

They say history repeats....

drug.jpg

Bottom line is that GWS let him go cause he hasn't come on as they had hoped. Still I guess its not a terrible deal. They still have another first rounder in return. Probably better without the pressure of having the pick that was supposed to get them the best midfielder in the draft. Spooked by the resounding successes of high picks in Morton, Watts, Trengove and Scully.:D

Bottom line? He did his knee in Nov/Dec last year so there goes his pre season and the first half of this year. He hasn't "come on" because he can't run out half a game. This kid will be very very good.

Norf just picked up Dal Santo.
Nice pick up as they actually need that 'give-off player' that has poise and balance.
So Norf have improved their list. FACT.

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

NOTHING UNLESS YOU COUNT A MODEL'S BOYFRIEND WHO CAN'T GET A GIG AT ANOTHER CLUB.

FAIL RICHMOND. :thumbsdown:

OUR MEMBERSHIPS AREN'T PAYING THOSE AT THE CLUB PEANUTS, SO WE DON'T NEED THEM TO ACT LIKE MONKEYS.

Bottom line? He did his knee in Nov/Dec last year so there goes his pre season and the first half of this year. He hasn't "come on" because he can't run out half a game. This kid will be very very good.

Yeah ok, bit harsh and I agree he will be a good player but GWS are letting a player who they picked with pick 3 in 2011, 2 years of development and pick 9 go to basically get the same pick back.

Nice pick up as they actually need that 'give-off player' that has poise and balance.

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

NOTHING UNLESS YOU COUNT A MODEL'S BOYFRIEND WHO CAN'T GET A GIG AT ANOTHER CLUB.

OUR MEMBERSHIPS AREN'T PAYING THOSE AT THE CLUB PEANUTS, SO WE DON'T NEED THEM TO ACT LIKE MONKEYS.

So how old were you in that photo ?

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

All of this on the back of a club picking up Dal Santo. Now that is funny!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaharakis can play, as can Heppell. Apart from that, where is their midfield improvement going to come from?? Not too much else there that is genuine quality.

Not to mention their ASADA infractions, the fact they just lost their best key forward, and a backup ruck man/forward.

ASADA is the wildcard/unknown, but when Watson starts to slow I think Essendon will have to do a semi rebuild IMO.

We should be going full boar for a premiership by then in approx 3-6 years and after that!!

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

Why not spend obscene amounts of our salary cap trying to recruit some big stars from other clubs instead of having confidence in our own list and development! That sounds like a really good idea!

To be honest I think we were pretty much neck and neck with Nth and results before the last beating showed this.

I don't think we are a few years away as I don't think their players have as much individual improvement in them as we have in Vlas, Ellis, Conca, Martin and co. We may improve very very quickly. We should still finish ahead of them in 2014.

I think Richmond has been recruiting very well recently, additions like Ellis and Vlastuin are good additions to players like Cotchin, Deledio, Martin and Conca. Richmond supporters should be very confident looking forward. I think the Tigers are still a bit vulnerable when Cotchin and Deledio are well held. Martin usually steps up but atm the midfield is still a bit young and inexperienced and do not step up across the board.

We have different strengths and weaknesses so hard to compare the sides but even when Swallow went down we continued to win contested possession and clearances and maintain a healthy differential. Our weakness was the defensive side of the game, something we have looked to address during the off-season.

I think the Richmond forward line is in part the problem with the side at present, Reiwoldt isn't dominating as much as he used to and teams are doing better at zoning him and Richmond tries to bomb it in to him quickly to give him enough supply, that was a disaster against us because we score better from defensive rebound than we do from centre clearances so teams that bomb it into our defensive 50 usually get burnt on the rebound.

Richmond need to make better decisions going forward, also need to get more consistent help for Reiwoldt going forwards. Edwards improved as the year went on but Vickery needs to step up and either McBean or Hampson provide good enough options so the opposition have to worry about their man more than Reiwoldt.

I think our clubs will both rise up for years to come and hopefully contend against eachother in the future.

For us we still have McKenzie, Garner and Harper and now McDonald and Dal Santo who will add to our midfield, I think while our midfield is solid now, we got the bulk of our inside early who take longer to mature and develop, most of our younger outside haven't had an overly large amount of exposure to date. We still have stodgy players like Anthony, Gibson, etc who will get phased out for more talented players.

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

Maybe your better off not renewing your membership as it seems to bring ya no joy.:thumbsdown:

dyson apparently wanted to come to the tigers last year- why did we not make that happen?

If we did you would then be one of the first bemoaning why we traded away a pick that would have landed us Nick Vlastuin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Trade Discussions III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back