List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Imagine us taking Reid then trading up to the cats pick and taking Curtin, I couldn’t imagine the Norf supporters melts as they have been d*ck riding Curtin and basically pumped themselves up about ”stealing” him off us and using him as some sort of delusional blackmail against us since round 24. Please get this done ROB

I love the bloke, but it is a bit of a shame Barrass had that pesky contract when Sydney came sniffing earlier this year...

(Probably wouldn't have gone anyway)

Why do the Bombers seem determined to spend big and stock up on middling talents?
Brad did it at North too. Sure, it doesn't cost them picks, but it maxes their cap and probably gets them to mid table. Maybe even the bottom part of the 8, ensuring they don't get the draft picks to get the high end talent to win a flag. It's possible, but it's a low percentage play in my view. He is unknowingly rooting tem up teh arse. We know though.

Very comfortable with our position. North can whinge all they want but we are the sellers of pick 1, not the potential buyer. Just take Reid.

The PSD threat hangs over the Tyler trade in case Hawthorn are unreasonable for too long. The only bummer is how far our additional picks are being shunted down the order.

Trading our F1st to land Curtin and say a 2024 pick 7 would be astute trading IMO.

The top 5 rated 4 are Vic Metro and then Draper from SA who the Crows are mighty keen on.

So pick 7 next year is in reality likely player 1 or 2 on the Eagles want list.
No they arent.

Finn Osullivan is Vic country. And he is a very country lad. He will go top 3.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The way some of you guys carry on you'd think that Reid is already the best player in the AFL and whoever we get at pick 2 (likely McKercher) would be an absolute spud.

I've never said a negative word about McKercher and I'd take him at 2 if that was our pick but I won't pretend that the gap between Reid and the chasing pack isn't significant enough that nothing but a damn super offer would appease losing pick 1.

Well that's two days down.
8 days left until Reid is all ours
Sadly not.

Trade period closes October 18 for players and picks but reopens again on October 23 for just picks and runs until November 10.

Then it reopens again on draft day on November 20.

We still have many weeks to go of this circus.

This is excellent for those that haven’t seen/heard it.

Just take Reid.

Also:
WCE
IN: Pick 8
OUT: Pick 22, F2 (WCE), McGovern

CATS:
IN: F1 (CARL), F2 (WCE)
OUT: Pick 8

BLUES
IN: McGovern (WCE pay salary 1st year)
OUT: F1

Who says no?
The blues. Don't need gov

Can't give away F1 BC of camporeli twins next year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why all the talk of us splitting and Norf taking Harley?

Norf have 2, 3, 15, 21.

I wouldn't usually split top 5 picks, but McKercher and Sanders are flight risks. Norf already have a good midfield bunch and can grab another top line mid next year.

Surely Norf should be splitting one of those picks:

KPF: Croft, A.Reid, Morris
KPD: Curtin, O'Sullivan, Murphy
SF: Watson
Utility: Caddy

If North split pick 2 (and let someone get at McKercher or Duursma), then they can take the other, and maybe Curtin slides or O'Sullivan. At 15 and 21 they should also be taking KPs.

Why TF do these idiots thinks it's us who benefit from splitting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wishful thinking probably, but today’s turn of events should at least quell the conjecture over trading pick 1. Even if it’s only temporary

It might bubble along in the background but over the next week the discussion will gravitate to actual player trades as clubs do their little rituals and posturing

Schultz, Ratugolea, Duursma, Grundy, Adams, Zerk-Thatcher, Chol etc will be the headline acts largely because many of those trades involve some of the more pig headed football managers around the league

Once trade week is over and there’s a reset draft order following player movement I suspect the pick 1 trade will get dusted off again

There is a path to North getting Reid that both clubs can claim as a win and it goes through Melbourne with Curtin as the key piece

Many, not all, posters here would have taken McKercher AND Curtin in lieu of Reid prior to the trade period starting.

We’ve set the price at picks 2 and 3, which North have justifiably baulked at. It’s a high price. Unfortunately for them, their next bargaining chips are a collection of end of 1st rounders plus 15 which whilst good picks land in an area of the draft that’s quite speculative this year. Combining 2, or even 3, of them isn’t as attractive as pick 3

But given the news that between North,Hawthorn and the bulldogs the interest in Curtin has waned or was never there, he could still be available at 6. Which Is Melbourne’s pick and they’re keen on Duursma

North could trade 3 to Melbourne for 6 and 14. Then trade 2 and 6 to us and keep 14

North can say they’ve traded 2 and 3 for 1 and 14 which is better than 2 and 3 for 1. Also 14 and 15 could get North 8 from Geelong so they can then say 2,3,15 for 1 and 8

West Coast can say they got McKercher and Curtin with 2 and 6 which is what they wanted with 2 and 3 anyway

Both sides save face and every goes home happy except for the JTR crew

Thinking about it a massive curveball could be if North rate O'Sullivan ahead of Curtin. Could see Curtin slipping if thats the case. Could O'Sullivan go that high (2 or 3) from people who have seen a lot of him?
😍😍😍yep he's the best KPD in the draft and an obvious choice.
I have him as the clear #3 and frankly all the Curtin talk in the top 5 makes me sick

Also:

I'd love it if Norf stuff this up. Supporters are not happy with compo picks, and you get the feeling Clubland is getting sick of Norf's shit.

They have been given every opportunity to succeed. If they aren't top 4 in 3 seasons, then there's a pretty strong case for clubs to demand they be cut loose.

Wishful thinking probably, but today’s turn of events should at least quell the conjecture over trading pick 1. Even if it’s only temporary

It might bubble along in the background but over the next week the discussion will gravitate to actual player trades as clubs do their little rituals and posturing

Schultz, Ratugolea, Duursma, Grundy, Adams, Zerk-Thatcher, Chol etc will be the headline acts largely because many of those trades involve some of the more pig headed football managers around the league

Once trade week is over and there’s a reset draft order following player movement I suspect the pick 1 trade will get dusted off again

There is a path to North getting Reid that both clubs can claim as a win and it goes through Melbourne with Curtin as the key piece

Many, not all, posters here would have taken McKercher AND Curtin in lieu of Reid prior to the trade period starting.

We’ve set the price at picks 2 and 3, which North have justifiably baulked at. It’s a high price. Unfortunately for them, their next bargaining chips are a collection of end of 1st rounders plus 15 which whilst good picks land in an area of the draft that’s quite speculative this year. Combining 2, or even 3, of them isn’t as attractive as pick 3

But given the news that between North,Hawthorn and the bulldogs the interest in Curtin has waned or was never there, he could still be available at 6. Which Is Melbourne’s pick and they’re keen on Duursma

North could trade 3 to Melbourne for 6 and 14. Then trade 2 and 6 to us and keep 14

North can say they’ve traded 2 and 3 for 1 and 14 which is better than 2 and 3 for 1. Also 14 and 15 could get North 8 from Geelong so they can then say 2,3,15 for 1 and 8

West Coast can say they got McKercher and Curtin with 2 and 6 which is what they wanted with 2 and 3 anyway

Or we can try and trade directly with Melbourne/Cats/GWS and have a crack at Reid AND Curtin depending on their needs?

That would be weak from ROB.

Pick 1 is the diamond not a chip.

Don't mind if freo makes a play for Brockman. We still sit pretty with PSD if it doesn't work and if they pull it off then they are likely using a pick they picked up for Schultz or Henry trades and in using that up present less risk trying to steal that young guy we are hoping to make it to pick 40 for nga.

Both on our list would be good but one or the other is still pretty good I think if we get the young nga guy for pick 40 plus.

Sent from my SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Hawks are still pressing for pick 22 for Brockman. Someone tell them that there is a thing call the PSD.

ROB already has

“We’ll try and work with the Hawks to try and get it done in the trade period, and hopefully that’s the way it works out - but if not, the pre-season [draft] is there for Tyler, or anyone else.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back