List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I’m all for Reid obvs, but have a question for those that have delved deeper into draftee stats and footage than me:

Does Reid kick many running goals when he is playing as a mid? McKercher possibly more elite in that particular element of the game?

I’m aware of how Reid in his underage year excelled as a half back and has been a monster both in the middle and when placed forward as a marking target. Just unsure from footage whether he produces much score when playing in the guts?

Ok bets odds are in on what dumb journalist will come out today with a stupid suggestion on pick 1.

We've already had Sam Edmond and Kane Cornes so ruling them out on the account of been proven too dumb.
So who's the next Sam Edmond today.

Garry Lyon $1.01 equal favourite
Jon Ralph $1.01 equal favourite
Damien Barret $1.02
Paul Hasably $1.02
Tom Morris $1.03
Peter Sumich $1.03
Mark Robinson $1.05
Karl Langdon $1.05
Eddie McGuire $1.10
David King $1.10
Caroline Wilson $1.40
Bryan Taylor $1.40
Dermie $1.50
Gerald Wately $1.50

Still have a week to go for a lot of more poorly no researched dumb trade suggestions to come out from this lot.

Who's your pick today.
What odds are you providing for Sam McClure?

I want to double down.

Ok bets odds are in on what dumb journalist will come out today with a stupid suggestion on pick 1.

We've already had Sam Edmond and Kane Cornes so ruling them out on the account of been proven too dumb.
So who's the next Sam Edmond today.

Garry Lyon $1.01 equal favourite
Jon Ralph $1.01 equal favourite
Damien Barret $1.02
Paul Hasably $1.02
Tom Morris $1.03
Peter Sumich $1.03
Mark Robinson $1.05
Karl Langdon $1.05
Eddie McGuire $1.10
David King $1.10
Caroline Wilson $1.40
Bryan Taylor $1.40
Dermie $1.50
Gerald Wately $1.50

Still have a week to go for a lot of more poorly no researched dumb trade suggestions to come out from this lot.

Who's your pick today.

IIRC - Leigh Montana can be added to list. Scratchy am radio in bush but thought he said we should seriously consider Norfs offer of yesterday.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had a play around with a mock today and had six bids within our first and second picks (3 x GC plus Croft, McCabe and potentially Cleary). What was once pick 19 became 29. Me sad.
Does that mean we still get the first pick on day 2? That's all that matters really, regardless of players we weren't taking anyway

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could swap 36, 43 and 57 with Gold Coast on draft night for 23. I also don’t want to take the risk on Collard with a 2R, could easily a bust despite the talent. If still available with a post 40 NGA pick then absolutely.

1- Reid
22-Demattia/Edwards/Stevens
23-Schoenmaker/ZZ
62- Collard/Livingston NGA
PSD- Brockman (F**k Hawks for asking for 22)

Also interesting to read that us and Essendon only teams that refused to tie player contracts to CBA. We will have a heap of cash to extend deals of young draftees as well as have a crack at some big fish over the next two years.

I’m all for Reid obvs, but have a question for those that have delved deeper into draftee stats and footage than me:

Does Reid kick many running goals when he is playing as a mid? McKercher possibly more elite in that particular element of the game?

I’m aware of how Reid in his underage year excelled as a half back and has been a monster both in the middle and when placed forward as a marking target. Just unsure from footage whether he produces much score when playing in the guts?
Watch the U18 champs game VicC vs WA. I was at the WACA and almost every single time his touch got the ball out of the middle and streaming forward for VicC.

Yeah, he’s out stayed his welcome and won’t be participating in this thread anymore
mattingly-coach.gif

From Foxsports thread

1697065583278.png

........ don't like

In regards to our later picks my understanding is we should expect 3 Gold Coast academy boys, a Hawks father and son, a Dogs father and son and a Swans Academy boy within the first two rounds, pushing our picks out. So that's 6 additional picks bringing our picks 36 and 43 up to 42 & 49.

However

GC have picks 23, 26, 27, 31, 35, 37 all which should be swallowed up by their 3 academy boys.

Hawks have 32. 53

Dogs have 39, 47 & 52

Swans have 44 & 54.

That's 6 picks minimum that will be spent before our pick 36 and 8 picks before our pick 43.

Possibly 13 picks before our picks 57 and 62 as well.

Our picks in reality will be most likely around the

2nd Round pick (Port) 37-39
3rd Round pick (WC) 41-43
3rd Round pick (Port) 44-47
4th Round Pick (WC) 48-51

It's really only pick 22 we are being royally shafted on.
Ok, I'm not all over the picks stuff but if those picks that push us back are being used on players we're pretty much not having access to anyway then the players we do have access to remains the same?
Might be a stupid question?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watch the U18 champs game VicC vs WA. I was at the WACA and almost every single time his touch got the ball out of the middle and streaming forward for VicC.
Thanks, I’ll check that game out too. I know his huge effect on team score by way of his clearance work / i50s being elite - but was more wondering about his abilities when it comes to balancing up and kicking running goals of his own (when he is playing as a pure mid and not just when he is swung fwd as a marking target)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** I can’t wait until trade period is over

Checking social media in the morning and having to see whatever la la land trade proposal that bum Adam Cooney put together and the rest of the vic media desperate for us to trade #1

The lot of them can get stuffed

As Hawthorn supporters we were happy to get better throughout the year and not get Reid. We bit the bullet and are building a foundation for sustained success.
It seems like many west coast supporters think you just had a couple of years on injuries and get Reid in and we’ll be back playing finals in a couple of years. You need a lot more than 1 player, and getting flogged by over 100 points as many time as you have the last 2 years shows you don’t have that.
Judd didn’t make you a powerful team for an extended period, he was the cream on the solid foundation cake you already had in Gardiner, Cousins, Wirra, Braun, Glass, Embley, Fletcher, Kerr, Cox and then you traded 8 for Chick.
1 sure thing beats 3 or 4 flaky options.
I wouldn't take any of this years WA players in a regular draft under 20 ( including Curtin & Collard).
Well take and fill in 1 spot with a very good player in either Reid. With Mckercher or O'Sullivan as the next tier down.

Next year we will pick up more players again,(there's your quantity) but just like Geelong/Sydney we have a great home ground advantage so we won't ever be horrible for long.

We were a basket case on and off the field at the time, and there was some significant bullying of younger players on our list by another slightly older player back then.

That was the main factor in the Go Home 5. And wasn’t addressed until Fagan arrived at the club.
Whose the bully?

Not sure Reid could have been anymore impressive in that interview with Scotty Cummings and the Goose

Can understand why our recruiters would have been impressed with him in player interviews

I do get why we’d do a trade for 2&3 but won’t lie, I’d be disappointed if we don’t end up with Reid. Seems like a ripping fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back