List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I feel like that's all chode talking and not brain.

Every time I think "yeah sure, we can bounce back.." I remember just exactly how bad we were this year and how the players seemingly didn't look like they wanted to play for Simpson.

I'm not sure who would be worse than us in 2024.

Norff.

Who else.

And a couple of key injuries to bottom sides and they regress instead of improve.

Can WE get much worse?

I reckon a lot of this board have been talking down Curtin unfairly; maybe a combo of fear of FOMO with JTR and trauma from past talls with midfield potential.

But the kid seems pure class and composure, reckon he'll play 200+ games for sure and be a weapon regardless of where he plays.

Would totally trade F1 if Curtin slid & it got us something else free in the top 30 picks.

And when we win the spoon next year you guys will be the first to bash the club for trading out a future 1st in a year where the top end midfield talent is absolutely insane.

Curtin isn’t worth giving up what will be pick 1 or 2.

Is Sharp our PSD target? Gold Coast won't offer another contract as need to free up $s. Although read somewhere Hardwick liked him.

Freo supposedly not interested in him, I'm calling BS and they just want to take him without giving any draft capital as they don't have much. Ideally, they'd like to land him as a rookie.

Put him on low and short term contract, he's quite outside but has great kick. Prefer Biggie but he's an option.

I also think this is on the cards. Good kid who was coming home last year until the purples left him high and dry. Suns seem to have taken to the situation unkindly and didn't get another call up despite playing semi regularly in his first two seasons. New slate with Dimma and all but yet to sign on. Can nominate for draft and walk to us for free, and would be very handy. How many 22 year old mids on the list at the moment? Offers exceptional depth and should be able to work his way past Gaff into the 22 at the very least.

Also, the trade for our F1 if we do it is with Adelaide for 10,14, 20 and their F1. Valuing it at about the 4 first round pick offer we had from north for Reid. We are projecting bottom 2 but maybe overachieve a little. They will expect top 8 but maybe overachieve and go top 4. Risk factor for both clubs is a wash. They will want a pick for Draper, we arguably need some access to better talent if we are to take 4-5 kids this draft.

Personally I'd be forgetting about Curtin and targeting two players between 10 and 20. Someone like Caddy, Shoenmaker, Charlie Edwards [Maybe Collard, Tholstrop, Hardeman for those who love their WA kids] with those picks, and swapping 14 for someones F1 that we think will land between 10 and 15. I would then use that pick to target Busslinger next year when the Bulldogs are scrambling to retain JUH, though this might hinge on whether Croft nominates for them this year I guess.

And when we win the spoon next year you guys will be the first to bash the club for trading out a future 1st in a year where the top end midfield talent is absolutely insane.

It's due to FOMO and instant gratification.

People don't want to wait another year to pick up the best kid in the next year draft.

West Coast trade future 1st (Xavier O'Halloran)

For pick 21(Oscar Allen), pick 26 (Liam Ryan), picnic 37 (Jack Petrucelle) and future second round pick (Xavier O'Neill)

Well and truly killed the pig with that risk. We got laughed at the time and some thought we were trading pick 1 in 2018 for that haul
Too bad that in 2017 it wasn't Allen at 13, then Kelly, Ryan and Petch. ☹️

I would have liked us to have a Plan B for Dev Robertson to be honest. Just seems odd to move on like that and leave that out of our best 22 thinking
Hately delisted - seems like as good a free hit proxy going around as we can get, 191cm, still only 22. Could see him playing a role for us next year in sheltering the U21's.

No one with half a brain thought this.
It was the off season we lost Priddis, Mitchell and Petrie amongst others

Big questions on how our 2018 was going to pan out.

We rolled the dice and it paid off big time

Hately delisted - seems like as good a free hit proxy going around as we can get, 191cm, still only 22. Could see him playing a role for us next year in sheltering the U21's.

Yeah I'd be happy with Hately - but would only want him if, whether it's at AFL or WAFL, we're playing him in the middle, at clearances, to actually shelter those young mids and be a ram in there.

Knowing us we'd probably try and slim him down for a HFF/Wing role while we grind down Yeo and Ginbey at the bottom of every pack.

I didn't think we'd be last but I def thought we'd miss the 8. Planned my honeymoon in September and missed seeing the GF live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think this is on the cards. Good kid who was coming home last year until the purples left him high and dry. Suns seem to have taken to the situation unkindly and didn't get another call up despite playing semi regularly in his first two seasons. New slate with Dimma and all but yet to sign on. Can nominate for draft and walk to us for free, and would be very handy. How many 22 year old mids on the list at the moment? Offers exceptional depth and should be able to work his way past Gaff into the 22 at the very least.

Also, the trade for our F1 if we do it is with Adelaide for 10,14, 20 and their F1. Valuing it at about the 4 first round pick offer we had from north for Reid. We are projecting bottom 2 but maybe overachieve a little. They will expect top 8 but maybe overachieve and go top 4. Risk factor for both clubs is a wash. They will want a pick for Draper, we arguably need some access to better talent if we are to take 4-5 kids this draft.

Personally I'd be forgetting about Curtin and targeting two players between 10 and 20. Someone like Caddy, Shoenmaker, Charlie Edwards [Maybe Collard, Tholstrop, Hardeman for those who love their WA kids] with those picks, and swapping 14 for someones F1 that we think will land between 10 and 15. I would then use that pick to target Busslinger next year when the Bulldogs are scrambling to retain JUH, though this might hinge on whether Croft nominates for them this year I guess.
Croft's already nominated, FYI. Silly decision IMO, unless they're expecting English is out the door next year and think he can slot into the forward/ruck position, if they retain Sweet.

Mind you, I don't think WCE would've promised Flynn 1st ruck and a 3-year contract if they were just going to go and get English next year. They'd have just persisted with Williams for 1 more year as first ruck in that case.

Don't mind the look of the swap with Adelaide, even though I'd still prefer to keep the F1st. Depends where the club feels the midfield rebuild is at after we(presumably) select Reid. Will be similar scenario if we do trade 1 for 2 and other picks and take McKercher.

Having said that, we won't trade 1 if we trade our F1st, of course.

I've never been a gambler but risking pick 1 next year and having the flexibility that goes with that for Curtin seems like too much of a gamble.
We arent desperate for a big mid now, if anything we need speed and accumulation and a hbfer isn't something we need to sell the farm for

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Croft's already nominated, FYI. Silly decision IMO, unless they're expecting English is out the door next year and think he can slot into the forward/ruck position, if they retain Sweet.

Mind you, I don't think WCE would've promised Flynn 1st ruck and a 3-year contract if they were just going to go and get English next year. They'd have just persisted with Williams for 1 more year as first ruck in that case.

Don't mind the look of the swap with Adelaide, even though I'd still prefer to keep the F1st. Depends where the club feels the midfield rebuild is at after we(presumably) select Reid. Will be similar scenario if we do trade 1 for 2 and other picks and take McKercher.

Having said that, we won't trade 1 if we trade our F1st, of course.
Yeah crofts decision to nominate the dogs means he's unlikely to play...ever

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't hate the idea .....HOWEVER ........ we had a player just like him in Greg Clark but Simpson didn't play him as a centre bounce inside clearance player.

So IMO no point getting him on board if we are not going to play him in that sort of a role.
Upside he would be a solid Beagles player and a good break glass back up player, but he wouldn't be best 22 with a 100% fit list.

I think once all list's are finalised, there will be better options.

Right at the minute with who has been cut from other lists, I would prefer Trey Ruscoe, but others will see it differently.

With all available and no injuries gaff doesn't make my 23. He is

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Kind of feel the same way, he did have a couple of decent games towards the end but still.
Sheed is frustrating as hell...I wish he could defend.

Not to reopen old wounds or anything haha, but rolling the dice would have been keeping Priddis on for another year.

It's no coincidence we won a flag once we shifted our midfield focal point.

(Still salty the WCE social media team blocked me for being critical of Priddis' place in the side. How dare I!)

What is his position though? I think nobody wants to spend a high pick on another Brander.
The reasons that Brander didn't make it (effort, intensity, consistency, hardness, composure, impacting games) are exactly the stuff that Curtin has shown in spades this year.

The comparison needs to stop, being tall seems to be the only comparison between the two.

I reckon he'll be a mid, starting as a damaging back flanker.

Yeah it'd depend on getting something else good back too, cos a top four pick next year is tasty. I can't see the club doing it in actuality. But I really think Curtin will be a gun. Struggle to see why others can't see how it'll translate to next level surrounded with better players, haha. I've enjoyed watching his videos more than any draftee last five or six years. Next best case scenario in my mind is we get him coming back home on the cheap before he peaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back