List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

WCE gain: Pick 2, pick 8, NM F1
WCE lose: Pick 1, pick 23

North gain: Pick 1, pick 23
North lose: Pick 2, pick 15, pick 17, F1

Geelong gain: Pick 15, Pick 17
Geelong lose: Pick 8

Fair?
Hell yes.

If north tank next year and end up bottom 2 that F1 can be split next year for around 8 and 12 making the reid trade.....

1 for 2 8 8 12

Next year 1 8 12!!!

Crows would jump at trying to prize that F1 from us now and we could get 10 14 F1

That then makes the reid trade....

1 for 2 8 10 14 crows F1

Next year 2 first rounders still.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean, at some point an offer would be too good to refuse, right?
You'd think that but theres a phrase called non negotiable trades. Why Collingwood would never trade nic Daicos. Or we would never trade nic nat ages ago

People probs view Reid in that light. I don't necessarily disagree and understand

In saying that I maintain

2 + 3
2 + F1 + 15 or 16 or 17 ( cos media said we need an extra pick )

Pass for me, the kids a very outside mid, that granted has all the talent, but prefers bruise free football.

I don't have a lot of time for footballers " who won't go, when it's their turn to go".
I agree normally, but we are loading up on some contested inside beasts. A bruise free runner can be carried to a little bit. We definitely need more run.

If we could get him on a 1 or 2 year contract i'd be ok with the risk to see if he can add just enough heart.

You'd think that but theres a phrase called non negotiable trades. Why Collingwood would never trade nic Daicos. Or we would never trade nic nat ages ago

Do they exist for players that are yet to play a senior game of AFL?

I know Reid looks like being virtually a sure thing but he’s not actually a sure thing.

Who would you take with 2 and 8?

With the caveat that I don’t watch any junior footy and base my opinions solely on others’ descriptions of players … I dunno, McKercher and O’Sullivan maybe?

WCE gain: Pick 2, pick 8, NM F1
WCE lose: Pick 1, pick 23

North gain: Pick 1, pick 23
North lose: Pick 2, pick 15, pick 17, F1

Geelong gain: Pick 15, Pick 17
Geelong lose: Pick 8

Fair?

For WCE - yes, I would say that’s a pretty good slice.

Everyone else, I kinda doubt it.

Geelong would want the 23 as well I suspect which would hurt the chances of North agreeing.

Too much for North to part with regardless I think - they’d probably push for future 2nd rather than future first I think.

I still say Sharp fills a hole on our list, if Freo intend to take him in the PSD I say we draft him regardless. Even if he would prefer to be playing in purple for some unfathomable reason, the prospect of 20 plus matches as a beagle will see him pushing hard to wear the blue and gold.
Pretty sure they can just sign him as a DFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone in an Eagles fan group on Facebook said Twomey expects North’s next offer to be 2,15,17 and 18.

I probably would’ve accepted that when I thought guys like Leake and Windsor were a chance to be there at 15, but now they won’t be, I’m not so sure.
I agree. Or 2 + F1. Norf are doing the Bali bartering school of shopping. Chuck a few silly offers in on the off chance WC are stupid enough to take it.
Then slowly start with less stupid offers.Nibble away and then close to the time bang out your big offer.Designed to slowly wear down one’s resistance to a deal.
It’s giving me Bali Belly!!!

Pick 1 for 2 & 3 OR as Miguel Sanchez said 2, 8 and NM F1. NM F1 must be their own pick 1 and it is North’s responsibility to obtain pick 8.

Otherwise

Alec Baldwin Trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

and JTR.

Yea but Reid is the best everything in this draft!!
The kid is a star, but there are question marks over his cardio... I'm just playing devil's advocate - unless there's a godfather offer JTR.

I love the kid's swagger and he's a marketing dream (which we're in need of after recent retirements), but those expecting him to come in and lift this club off the bottom of the ladder singlehandedly may need to temper their expectations somewhat.

North's future first is the key to the deal. I want 2 of the top 5 mids next year.

2,15,17 and their future first for 1, 23 and our future second. (depending on who is available i''d then look to package up 15&17 for 1 higher pick and 1 30's pick because of whom and where i rate them in the draft)

Two top 5 picks next year is the key point in a draft with a very strong midfield group.

The kid is a star, but there are question marks over his cardio... I'm just playing devil's advocate - unless there's a godfather offer JTR.

I love the kid's swagger and he's a marketing dream (which we're in need of after recent retirements), but those expecting him to come in and lift this club off the bottom of the ladder singlehandedly may need to temper their expectations somewhat.

1 perceived knock on his game, i'll take it. Could have a Petracca like trajectory spending most of his time at half-forward until he builds his tank up. Saying that he will never be a full-time midfielder, Reid see's himself in the Dusty, Petracca mould splitting time between midfield and forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back