Mega Thread Trade & Draft Gossip Part 3 - Mutterings, utterings and just plain BS - all in here, please

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twister has a contract for 2012 and Port have a weak ruck division. I'd be aiming high with that trade.

Agreed.

He is still young & as many on this board seem to forget, those big lads take longer to mature.

Most rucks aren't at the top of their game till their late twenties & he has already had good game time.

I personally aren't that keen to see him go, but if it improves us with what we are looking for then so be it.

I still cross my fingures every time big Max goes near the ball....

I think that is a case of, if they offer us real value and Renouf is happy to go, we take the deal. If it's something half-arsed like pick 30 in a weak draft, we keep him. If they offer Butcher* or something, we take it. If we can get Gillies and Gunston for Renouf and pick 24 (and one or more of Ladson and Young, with possibly a late pick coming back to us) we could say we had a great week.

We'd then have our forward line looking potent again, be close to solving our key defender issues (especially with Stevie G. coming back) and we're going to have a fairly strong ruck division with Bailey coming on, Hale playing well, and Roughead to come back - he can play forward, back, ruck or midfield as needed.

Imagine a Hawthorn team with as much talent as we've had over the last 4 years but without the structural issues we've always seemed to have in one area or another. Probably the only time where we haven't had a serious structural issue was the 2008 finals, a period during which we were by far the best team in the comp.

Shouldn't get ahead of myself, but it's nice to feel confident about 2012/13.

Peter Rohde's existence kinda means any ridiculous trade, with Port is on the cards.
Why stop at a second rounder? Go for Trengove!

EDIT:
And a first rounder. And they pay Trengove's contract.
Remember, this is the club that sent their coach on holidays for trade week because he kept screwing up trades (in their eyes); and when he came back they'd got rid of their best player and ended up with Jay Nash.

Any chance we might be trying to get the mini draft picks?

With Ladson, Renouf, Young and Lisle seemingly all up for trade could this all come together for Crouch or Omeara?

that would be amazing

Edit: When i say come to together i dont mean all traded to GWs this would most likely be all seperate trades to clubs then package them and forward them to GWS...just a thought

Renouf's worth to us is more than his trade value. No Deal.

We are sooo close. If Hale or Max need a break or fall over we risk our back up for a second round lotto pick in a compromised draft.

heh, would certainly clear some room on the list... especially as I'd still look to delist the likes of Williams, Duryea and maybe Morton and Milne...

I don't think we're a chance at the mini-draft, I would love it, but I think there's to many other clubs with the capacity for better offers.

And Sirra too, who I think needs to come off the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port will be crying... if 28 was in the mix, more likely:

Port lose, Hawks gain: 28 + 51
Hawks lose, Port gain: Renouf + 46

Explain to me how that would be a good deal for us. We do not need to unload Renouf, and I bet Renouf has not asked to be traded. Why would we even entertain this?

AFL .com reported that the club is concerned about the extent of Gilham's knee injurie and his abilitie to get back to somewhere near his best which is why we are so keen on Gillies.
If true, we should be looking at grooming Lisle into a FB. Has the height, can read the ball and more importantly, is on our list already :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back