List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott didn't manage player delistings very well, hope we learn from, that is all.
Chapman might have been disliked by some but helped them to win them a grand final.
Different personalities make up a team to be sure.
On the other hand, Scott has retained some sub-par players who have no right to be on their senior list.
Had a falling out too with Bartel who was one of their greatest ever players.
champions exiting your club is an art not a science. we can't even let Lloyd leave without fans getting upset.

If one of our KPDs is not available. 1) I'd rather have Garth Kmac or Balta slot into the back line. Really think they would do better than early 2019 when they were thrown to the wolves. 2) Or shuffle our backline to resemble what it was this year. With Astbury, Broad, Grimes all playing tall, at times. Or ruckmen to drift back and mark. Got Miller back there as well. As it with Rance back some premiership winning player is not going to be playing much anyhow. I'd draft a tall KPD and get him in the system over the likes of Walker.

All makes decent sense. I might tone down the Walker for Tigerland campaign then...cancel all the bumper stickers and T-shirts.

I am thinking of the period in 2019 with Rance missing, Astbury out and Garthwaite was probably underdone. We were smashed by some key forwards.

Josh Walker has been delisted by Brisbane. Just turning 27, is 196cm, has a good leap, plenty of experience and is probably just not quite good enough to be a best 22 player anywhere. But he is no mug. Is he worth a rookie contract for us at least? Or does he just hamper the development of Balta, Garthwaite and any new key defenders we draft?

Also we have Beasely on the VFL list who does a great job for us there. It would just make me sleep a little easier knowing we had an adaptable mature player like Walker to call upon in the event of problems with Astbury in particular.

Interested in the thoughts of others on this possibility...

2021 many major contracts spill
Cotch
Jack
Rance
Also Prestia and caddy will be on new ones , not sure if at same rate
That will create a vacuum in the TPP that would support a FA coming in from 2022 , possibly earlier if flexible with contract backloading
Some of that to make way for Lynch's backended contract. :smirkcat:

2021 many major contracts spill
Cotch
Jack
Rance
Also Prestia and caddy will be on new ones , not sure if at same rate
That will create a vacuum in the TPP that would support a FA coming in from 2022 , possibly earlier if flexible with contract backloading
I would say all these contracts will be getting less than they are currently

Cothin Rance , Jack , Prestia , Caddy will all be on less $$$ than they are now and will be happy to just go around on 1 year deals

I said we are close to the cap, that is all.
As if I was unaware of the Lynch contract lel.
They are offloading players to accommodate the cap.
The cap is not the main reason, as we need to free up list spots. The club is not going to retire Houli and Shedda when they are blitzing. Also likely to be trading or delisting fringe players next year until the older guys start retiring in 2021 and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we have handled our cap issue's brilliantly so far and will continue to do so , We have had some fall out of fringe players on average coin and replaced with draftee's saving us some serious cap space.

$300k - Miles
$300k - Lloyd
$300k - Ellis . C
$200k - Menadue
$500k - Ellis.B
$300k - Butler
$200k - Moore
$400k - Grigg
$200k - Townsend

Thats $2.7 million in cap space thats been released in 2 years from fringe players that have been replaced with Kids consuming roughly $1,000,000 so a saving of $1,700,000 which has gone a long way to retaining players like Balta , Bolton , Stack , Vlastuin , Rioli , Baker etc

Wow bit of a fall off at 30+ years old...
Need this GF B2B...
Hope JR and Rance/Grimes are good for next year...
Player management very crucial to snag this B2B GF!

On the other hand, I didnt think it would be possible to win a flag without Rance. But I am happily proven wrong.

So in theory he is replaceable. Still shocked to be typing this.

Houli is a massive out when he eventually goes but you'd think hbf would be one of the less hard spots to replace

On the other hand, I didnt think it would be possible to win a flag without Rance. But I am happily proven wrong.

So in theory he is replaceable. Still shocked to be typing this.

Houli is a massive out when he eventually goes but you'd think hbf would be one of the less hard spots to replace
Houli will be one of most noticeable absentees when he goes I reckon. HBFers are a dime a dozen but ones that take the game on like him and set things up with precision passing are rare as hens teeth.

Houli will be one of most noticeable absentees when he goes I reckon. HBFers are a dime a dozen but ones that take the game on like him and set things up with precision passing are rare as hens teeth.
Agree. Houli is probably the best half back in the Comp atm. Has a real hard edge to him these days too. Won’t be easily replaced. However I did like what I saw from DES in his couple of games

and the bravery to take the game on and keep running, giving options and creating when others are stagnant

Bacha is a legend no doubt

Agree. Houli is probably the best half back in the Comp atm. Has a real hard edge to him these days too. Won’t be easily replaced. However I did like what I saw from DES in his couple of games

DES looks like Houli lite at VFL. Very tidy and had a decent grand final.

Houli wasn't an A grader at 21 either. Would be a big bonus if DES has a good year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back