List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many 18 years old, non top 10 draft players have become a star in the 1st year? (Last 20 years)
From our team alone, I can think of: Shuey, Yeo, Darling, McGovern

I wouldn't call them stars, but Barass, Rioli, Shep and Ryan are pretty handy as well.

Definitely baloney. Billings re-signed at Saints earlier this year.

My sources at the club say we're looking at one of CEY & Greenwood to give the inside mids some help.
The major hold up being they're both looking for longer term deals than we're willing to give them.
We want to retain cap flexibility to make a major play for Cripps in a few years time.
gifdsa.gif

I'm not sure what context you're asking, but excluding father sons, here is one draft.

2001 - Nick Dal Santo pick 13, James Kelly pick 17, Steve Johnson pick 24, Sam Mitchell pick 36, Leigh Montagna pick 37, Dane Swan pick 58

All those players played 250+ games and were A graders.

Not all of them were stars in their 1st year.

Is this star talk in relation to Brander. Hes been in the system 2 years. I daresay lots of people had shown more after 2 years than he had. thats doesn't mean he is a bust but would really love for him to show something to raise his value in the next year or so if the bigfooty already out the door rumour is true.

Definitely baloney. Billings re-signed at Saints earlier this year.

My sources at the club say we're looking at one of CEY & Greenwood to give the inside mids some help.
The major hold up being they're both looking for longer term deals than we're willing to give them.
We want to retain cap flexibility to make a major play for Cripps in a few years time.

CEY & Ah Chee in the same midfield?!
7A260224-81EF-4F77-A1A9-E17A01151CD0.gif

To recap:

1. Our pick 13 from two years ago who was supposedly our JK replacement, who we have played out of position all year in the Beagles is now on his way out of the club
2. The club is after Billings, CEY or Greenwood
3. We're trying to go after P.Cripps in a couple of years
4. We delisted our two CAT B rookies after one year in the system
5. Fraser has finally been put out to pasture
6. Masten has also been put out to pasture
7. Dark Sharks wants to fold the club (not really news)

Wowee

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From our team alone, I can think of: Shuey, Yeo, Darling, McGovern

I wouldn't call them stars, but Barass, Rioli, Shep and Ryan are pretty handy as well.
Darling may be.
Shuey was not a star in the 1st year. Same for the others.
I am trying to highlight the fact that we can not and should not expect too much from the 18 years old we are going to draft in the 1st year.

A few thoughts from somebody with a fair bit to do with the club...

1. Seemed to think we still had some interest in Bolton in spite of his re-signing.
  2. Is fairly confident that Brander is already 'gone' and will be off home in a year or so.
  3. The interesting name he'd heard that we were monitoring was Jack Billings.
Probably baloney, but number 3 perked my ears up a bit.

Billings and Bolton both signed new deals this year, would be a strange move to target them

To recap:

1. Our pick 13 from two years ago who was supposedly our JK replacement, who we have played out of position all year in the Beagles is now on his way out of the club
2. The club is after Billings, CEY or Greenwood
3. We're trying to go after P.Cripps in a couple of years
4. We delisted our two CAT B rookies after one year in the system
5. Fraser has finally been put out to pasture
6. Masten has also been put out to pasture
7. Dark Sharks wants to fold the club (not really news)

Wowee
Who is CEY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back