List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're interested in Murray? A bloke who couldn't make the Murray Bushrangers squad? I mean wtf is the point of this? He's 188 cm and yet again another midfielder.. what are we doing trading him in and 1 of ours out.. so this bloke can languish in the reserves or if he does come in.. then what.. be like a waste of time.
upload_2017-10-16_16-34-43.png

He is only 188cm now .... but we have plans over the summer to turn him into a 200cm KPD

My point is.. why? Why do we need him? Particularly when it's so speculative.
Understand, but a rebounding defender who stays fit coming to us for nothing with good disposal isnt too bad. I don't think he's a midfielder and shouldn't be traded in under that expectation

Pretty sure I read he’s able to walk to us because Sydney didn’t offer him a senior contract and he hasn’t signed a rookie extension they offered him.

Yep. He's actually considered a Delisted Free Agent under the AFL rules, because he's a 2nd year rookie who has seemingly rejected a 3rd year rookie contract with his current club, so he can walk to us when that market opens on November 1st.

Seems as though it will be a trade, though, I guess as much about good will as it would be just getting it done and over with now...

Understand, but a rebounding defender who stays fit coming to us for nothing with good disposal isnt too bad. I don't think he's a midfielder and shouldn't be traded in under that expectation
His kicking is bad but he adds speed and creativity off half back... basically I think we see him as better than someone we would take at pick 79 in the draft

Fair enough.. as long as he's more than just a speculative get. There's so many we can add to the list at the same price.

Yep. He's actually considered a Delisted Free Agent under the AFL rules, because he's a 2nd year rookie who has seemingly rejected a 3rd year rookie contract with his current club, so he can walk to us when that market opens on November 1st.

Seems as though it will be a trade, though, I guess as much about good will as it would be just getting it done and over with now...

Teams do that on Good Faith.

They let players get to where they Want on the Very Cheap. We did it with Marley Williams and other last Pre-Season

Teams do that on Good Faith.

They let players get to where they Want on the Very Cheap. We did it with Marley Williams and other last Pre-Season

Not sure "good faith" was our motivation on that one...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many speculative pieces of meat can we add to our list.. a shit load of em.. all we need to do.. you'd think if their rookie listed and a club is interested.. their not gonna ask for the earth. Why is Murray our target.. is he the best kreas available in that back pocket/flank spot?

His kicking is bad but he adds speed and creativity off half back... basically I think we see him as better than someone we would take at pick 79 in the draft
If he's disposal is poor thats a disappointing decision. I think the current game plan needs good users

If I was Broomy I'd be more worried about the improvement that might come from Kirby, Daicos and Thomas. Can't see him pushing any of the current mids out unless 1 of them shows some improved capacity to play elsewhere (ie: Adams to HB, Sidey to HF), and improvement in the small forward competition could make it a long year for him. Will have a full pre-season this year for the first time in a long time so hopefully he can set himself for a big year.

He's just not a small forward anyway. No real future for him in that role. I'd give him a go out of defence and if he doesn't cut the mustard, I'd move him on.

Yes. Why would be bring in this nobody? What is the point of trading in hacks like this again? I just don't get it. Membership not renewed in 2017..................Floreat Melbourne Storm.

Unless you've seen a fair bit of him, I don't understand this logic. You must hate draft day, everyone we draft will be a nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back