List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep complain about picking up Mayne yet want to pick up all these meh players.
As much as I dislike Watts, comparing him to Mayne is just....

Watts would walk in to our 22, it’s as simple as that. Mayne was always going to be up against it.

It's probably unrealistic but would it be considered tampering if Collingwood and Mayne agreed to a new three-year contract commencing next year? Spend majority of his full salary n first year, cutting the next two years and he still makes the same money.
That’s just front loading his contract. Happens all the time, clubs are constantly re-jigging contracts to suit their needs by front or back loading.

Movement at the station. A Molloy could be headed our way in the upcoming draft.

Finally something to er, get excited about :tonguewink:

If we miss out on him this year...we can always reload & have a full on crack at him next year.
We could also set up a ‘Schache watch’ thread...to track his daily progress.

I would volunteer to do that in depth tracking but the restraining orders prevent me.

Is that allowed with free agents? I thought the buddy-rule, mentioned earlier, prohibited that.
Afaik clubs can front or back load the contracts as they please, as long as the full amount of the contract is payed. The Buddy rule simply forces clubs to pay out the full contract in the event of a player retiring if the contract is super long term.

Afaik clubs can front or back load the contracts as they please, as long as the full amount of the contract is payed. The Buddy rule simply forces clubs to pay out the full contract in the event of a player retiring if the contract is super long term.
Ah, that makes sense. So if we have any spare cap this year we should move FA players payments forward to make room next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, that makes sense. So if we have any spare cap this year we should move FA players payments forward to make room next year.

Thats the obvious thing to do , but ummm who can be sure with how ours has been running

I don't think Rockliff has had the injury issues of Wells and is younger. Watts is much better than Mayne. I'm not a Motlop fan, but he is silky.

There's no doubt Port are the big winners of this trade period considering that they get Rockliff and Motlop via Free Agency, and will get Jack Watts you'd think for a 2nd rounder.

Trengove is a loss, but he they'll cover for him comfortably. He couldn't get a game in their best 22 this year, and they have a wealth of key defensive options. Many already were calling the Power the best defence in the comp this year.

Last edited:
Getting Schache to me is neither here nor there. However, imagine if we could of got Schache cheap but didn't.

Last year it was reported by many that we would get Lynch last year. When that failed, it was reported that we were loading up for him this year. Now its next year. Imagine if Lynch rebuffs us for a third time and accepts a mega deal from Carlton, and Reid retires.
McDonald

Those rules apply to all though whether it be Schache, Moore, Boyd, McCartin, Weitering etc etc.

If Schache was benefiting then so was everyone else.

Personally I'd be making a play still if the offers coming are only second round selections and/or fringe players.

If you land Schache for $350,000 and he starts to live up to potential then it'll be a steal and we won't need to sell the farm for Lynch at 1.2 million a season.
Except that Weigering was playing back in which case it would have been harder for him and had to put in more effort to be competitive.

Yeah, but Port have picked up 3 starting 22 players.

We didn't.

One should be but is never fit.
WHE played all year and was clearly best 22

Dunn was best 22 as soon as he got a chance

Mayne was earmarked for best 22 when picked up but played like balls all season.

Wells absolutely best 22 but came back out of shape and injuries ensued.

Motlop was absolutely smashed by fans and media this year before he played 2 good finals. Port have brought him in on massive coin

Rockliff was injured for half the year and was playing so bad that they had to re-invent him as a tagger. Also rumoured big coin.

Watts has the tools but has teased for 9 years and was dropped this season. They gave up a second round round pick for him and inherited his contract. It's a similar situation to the WHE aquisition.

They also lost fringe players Impey and Trengove for nothing.

Edit: Rockliff wasn't injured, just played badly.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks that no news is good news for the pies this trade period?

Unless we get the opportunity to snag someone for unders (schache) or chase someone elite (lynch) i am happy the club isnt overpaying for more 16-25 kind of guys.

Crazy that only 6 or 7 deals have been done in 7 days.

Only a day and a half left after today and there are still around 15 players that should find a new club.

Ablett, Kennedy, Wilson, Weller, Cameron, Stringer, Schache, Balic, Murray, Lang, Hartung, Hodge, Matera, T.Campbell, A.Swallow (maybe)

Crazy that only 6 or 7 deals have been done in 7 days.

Only a day and a half left after today and there are still around 15 players that should find a new club.

Ablett, Kennedy, Wilson, Weller, Cameron, Stringer, Schache, Balic, Murray, Lang, Hartung, Hodge, Matera, T.Campbell, A.Swallow (maybe)

Finally we will get a 12 club super trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back