List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Reid forward for say the next 2-3 years will be vital if we snag Lever. Next year is where we are going to pick up the forward we have all been waiting for (please keep our first round). If we manage to draft one of the King twins or Lukosius from SA with their ability I think they will be able to play a forward role for us in the next couple of years. The other dream would be snagging Lynch.

There are a few good back pockets floating around this year and one of them has played in the VFL the last two games (Paton) definitely worth a look. Crumbling forward role will be taken by Kirbs hopefully.

Who are the other back pockets to look out for?

As an aside. Our midfield is absolutely stacked for now and the future. If you're even remotely interested in adding guys to that area of the ground you'll find a good one every 3-4 years.

In the 22-28 age bracket we have at least one star mid and another who I think could be argued is a star by position. We then have another two guys who are above average. In the U22 age bracket we also have another star in the making and above average player. We actually have the reverse issue currently where we have too much quality to give time to others to develop. A guy like Scharenberg may have midfield potential, but as it stands we just aren't in a position to find out at AFL level. Crisp is a decent role playing mid forced out of that core group. Fixing our stoppage structure and tendency to overpossess will go a long way toward solving our short term issues.

Depending on us not losing our heads at the trade table or pushing quality mids out we could go the next three drafts without targeting mids and still be reasonably placed, IMO.
The only concern I have is that we have seen how much a player like Wells has complimented our current mids and has improved our ball movement/creativity. Other than him, we don't have too many outside players of his like. This is the area of the midfield we actually lack, while we are stacked with contested mids.

In regards to Chris Yarran, firstly I think comments regarding his 'religion' and any talk of 'religion' needs to be mentioned with care on this board. I'm sure there will be people on this board and reading these posts who believe and follow God, so lets be sure no one in the Big Footy community gets offended by something posted in regards to Chris Yarran and his new found religion. Yes express opinions regarding the matter but no need to insult someone else's religion or faith, after all we're here to talk footy not religion.

Right, I'd be all for picking him and giving him another chance if he can prove that he really is fully over his addiction and can get himself back to reasonable level of fitness and footballing ability. People have forgotten how skillful he actually was and imagining him flying down the wing or combining with Wells when delivering the ball into our forwards would be amazing for our side. Would add pace and some clean skills into our midfield and he'd be basically free, not sure of the situation with Richmond whether we'd have to give them something or not. Again would depend on his ability to prove he's clean and that he can get himself back to a reasonable level of fitness and footballing ability.

In regards to Chris Yarran, firstly I think comments regarding his 'religion' and any talk of 'religion' needs to be mentioned with care on this board. I'm sure there will be people on this board and reading these posts who believe and follow God, so lets be sure no one in the Big Footy community gets offended by something posted in regards to Chris Yarran and his new found religion. Yes express opinions regarding the matter but no need to insult someone else's religion or faith, after all we're here to talk footy not religion.

Right, I'd be all for picking him and giving him another chance if he can prove that he really is fully over his addiction and can get himself back to reasonable level of fitness and footballing ability. People have forgotten how skillful he actually was and imagining him flying down the wing or combining with Wells when delivering the ball into our forwards would be amazing for our side. Would add pace and some clean skills into our midfield and he'd be free. Again would depend on his ability to prove he's clean and that he can get himself back to a reasonable level of fitness and footballing ability.
I remember people saying the same things about Ben Cousins, and he actively went to the best rehab facilities in the US to turn and clean himself up rather than finding god.

Wouldn't touch Yarran with a 20 ft pole. We have enough drug issues at our club already as it is.

I remember people saying the same things about Ben Cousins, and he actively went to the best rehab facilities in the US to turn and clean himself up rather than finding god.

Wouldn't touch Yarran with a 20 ft pole. We have enough drug issues at our club already as it is.

Such a waste when such talented athletes throw it all away on addictions such as these. I do think that Yarran's addiction isn't as deep seeded in him as cousins was, so might be a bit easier for him to come back from it.

Like I said if he could prove himself fully recovered and back to a decent level of ability than I could understand the club considering him. And even then if I were the club I would have daily drug tests and sessions with him for the foreseeable future.

Right, I'd be all for picking him and giving him another chance if he can prove that he really is fully over his addiction and can get himself back to reasonable level of fitness and footballing ability. People have forgotten how skillful he actually was and imagining him flying down the wing or combining with Wells when delivering the ball into our forwards would be amazing for our side. Would add pace and some clean skills into our midfield and he'd be basically free, not sure of the situation with Richmond whether we'd have to give them something or not. Again would depend on his ability to prove he's clean and that he can get himself back to a reasonable level of fitness and footballing ability.
Yarran is done. Meth is one messed up drug and you can tell by that video his mind is just completely changed, and that's what happens when you abuse the substance.

I would be very surprised if a club gave him another shot. Recovering meth addict is a big cross after Cousins. Is he even looking at coming back? Looks like he's focused on heading down the religion path to worry about another shot.

Such a waste when such talented athletes throw it all away on addictions such as these. I do think that Yarran's addiction isn't as deep seeded in him as cousins was, so might be a bit easier for him to come back from it.

Like I said if he could prove himself fully recovered and back to a decent level of ability than I could understand the club considering him. And even then if I were the club I would have daily drug tests and sessions with him for the foreseeable future.

He was injecting the shit and you think it is easier to come back from than Cousins?? o_O

Stick to talking football mate because your drug knowledge is flawed.

My ideal deals would be:
  • Crows get: Sidebottom + Aish + 3rd
  • Pies get: Lever + Mcgovern + 2nd
  • Suns get: Fasolo + 1st
  • Pies get: Lynch + Mckenzie
I would be wary of selling the farm for Tom Lynch.

People like to group him in with the best young forwards in the game, and he is a talented bloke theres no questioning that. He will be turning 25 this year. Yes, 25. He is older than people realise because he hid up at GC when they were steamrolled every week.

Steele was born in 1991, Lynch in 1992 to put things into perspective.

My ideal deals would be:
  • Crows get: Sidebottom + Aish + 3rd
  • Pies get: Lever + Mcgovern + 2nd
  • Suns get: Fasolo + 1st
  • Pies get: Lynch + Mckenzie
I would be wary of selling the farm for Tom Lynch.

People like to group him in with the best young forwards in the game, and he is a talented bloke theres no questioning that. He will be turning 25 this year. Yes, 25. He is older than people realise because he hid up at GC when they were steamrolled every week.

Steele was born in 1991, Lynch in 1992 to put things into perspective.
Shit, 25 and he's old and washed up by the sounds of it :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit, 25 and he's old and washed up by the sounds of it :D
Good player obviously, just not the $1.6 million young gun he seems to be categorised as.

If he is worth that much cash or a 1st rounder and a bloke who has averaged over 26 disposals a game since he was 19 and is currently only a year older, what would someone like Danniher be worth?

He missed nearly as many games as he played in his last 3 years (played 11, 21 and 5).
Yes I did mention his dodgy hamstrings, which were a problem for him for a great deal of his career. Steele on the other hand has had no soft tissue issues.

Ryley Stoddart is another one I like. Hard as a cat's head, likes to run and carry. I think he also can play a lock down type role. He's probably has the scope to play midfield further down the track.

I'll keep an eye on him.

I sometimes reckon looking at the lower rated mids is a good one for back pockets also. Someone that has speed, strength and neat disposal but may not accumulate enough. Then you look at his defensive traits or to develop those. Things like body positioning and concentration.

If Fas was to request a trade home, who would be a better option Gaff or Darling?

For me.....a pick to either use at the draft or to ontrade to help us land Lever/Lynch/Wright/best avaialable kpp.

Dont really want Darling and would love Gaff but he doesnt fill a need and woudl cost far more than Fasolo

Last edited:
Brandon Matera could be worth a look in. Out of contract so would be essentially free. Could be a good depth option considering you never know how many games you'll get from Jamie in a season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back