List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may well be right, but Stephen May was supposedly such a certainty that players were told he was coming. Now it seems he is going anywhere but Collingwood and we decide after the GP to sign 2 players previously overlooked in Moore and Langdon. Doesn't seem to have been a situation handled cleverly by Collingwood staff.

That particular rumour / story was highly questionable imo - it makes absolutely no sense to tell players in the midst of a finals push that some other player will come to join them next year.

Buddy kicked 3 goals on Moore in the first quarter.

Hang on a minute - let's look at those goals.

The first was when Buddy got Moore on the lead after we turned the ball over.

The second was a gift from the umpires when Maynard rushed the ball through.

The third was from a broken play where Pendles handballed it back to Moore, who kicked the ball into the back of a Sydney player under pressure from Buddy and then the chaos ball eventually found it's way into Buddy's hands for a snap goal on the run.

Only one of those could you reasonably say that Buddy got Moore in a purely forward v defender situation.

Last edited:

I consider Dunn as the player who can take those monster forwards but we do need to future plan here. Dunn likely only has part of one season left in his career. I really like Moore but it's hard to forecast if he's up to defending the Ben Browns of the competition off the games he's played. He has shown glimpses and has the attributes but I reckon he needs to be paired with another brute back there for balance.

I like Aiden Corr of that lot you mention if we can't acquire May. He wouldn't cost as much as May. He has some extra height to give us an option on taller forwards as required. He is the right age profile for us. He's probably not on enough to be a big part of the wage dump at GWS, but they will be motivated to move out players and he isn't always best 22 there, so there is a chance to get him.

I like Finlaysons combination of playing qualities but i'm concerned about the rumours about his professionalism. If the club went there i'd back them I guess hoping they've assessed him well.

Hombsch and Adams both excellent players if they didn't have injuries. I don't think Hombsch will fully regain his agility and athleticism after his injuries. Adams has barely managed a season worth of games in 3 years. I'd steer well clear on both personally.

Left field but what about Brennan Cox? Freo with Hogan, McCarthy, Taberner, Logue and Hamling may limit his opportunities. Can go forward and back.

On May, I reckon we can get him if we want but we'd need to part with Langdon. Or part with 2 first rounders. I'm not excited about either option. Langdons season and finals series in particular has really changed my mind on him as a player.

What are your thoughts on Setterfield? I reckon we could use another clearance mid to allow us to leave De Goey forward and give us flexibility to throw Sidebottom around as needed.

I'm a bit concerned about our key forwards still. There seems no alternative but to back in Mihocek and Cox. They do provide a good combination of contested marking (Cox), effort and opportunism (Mihocek) that works with our dangerous smalls around. But I still feel it is a big area in need of improvement. The only option I can think of is Josh Bruce. Or sending Moore back forward which is a massive gamble given his very inconsistent form there.

I think it is interesting as a chance Dunn could be back a lot earlier than people think, particularly when you look at Goldsack return and you just the impression Dunn will do as much to make it back so an April time frame might not be that far out of the realms. I'd lean to Hombsch or Finlayson but have to be sure the issues you highlight can be fixed.

Love Setterfield. Would part with the first rounder for him straight away. Do you think we can offer him the role / game time others can? He would have to look at Essendon and think thats the best place for him.

Cant see Fremantle letting Cox go.

Hang on a minute - let's look at those goals.

The first was when buddy got Moore on the lead after we turned the ball over.

The second was a gift from the umpires when Maynard rushed tbe ball through.

The third was from a broken play where pendles handballed it back to Moore, who kicked the ball into the back of a Sydney player under pressure from Buddy and then the chaos ball eventually found it's way into Buddy's hands for a snap goal on the run.

Only one of those could you reasonably say that Buddy got Moore in a purely forward v defender situation.
Spot on.

143683"]May wanting to get somewhere and that club having the currency to satisfy Gold Coast are two separate questions.[/QUOTE]

It may not be a perfect scenario for the suns but they could do a lot worse then do a player swap with collingwood.
May for Thomas Mihocek and Greenwood.
They have got top end picks, reportably with the player exodus they could do with some experience and hard bodies.

143683"]May wanting to get somewhere and that club having the currency to satisfy Gold Coast are two separate questions.

It may not be a perfect scenario for the suns but they could do a lot worse then do a player swap with collingwood.
They have got top end picks, reportably with the player exodus they could do with some experience and hard bodies.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think that’s a perfect scenario for us either.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Does trade period officially start today?

Yes, it starts at 9am.

Should be a bit of movement early, mostly in the FA space as clubs will want to know what picks they are getting.

I'd expect our initial round of delistings to be announced soon as well, maybe even today.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade period makes me laugh every year. This huge build up for the trade period starting on the Monday, the clubs filtering into Marvel Stadium etc.

The clubs pull up and give nothing in a 30 second interview (if they don't sneak in).

Then the clubs probably say "we'll probably trade you this for this but we'll wait and see who has what come the end of it" and hence we don't see the simplest of trades until deadline day.

Has anyone mentioned yet, that Thomas won't be traded?

Anyone?

They won’t move him on Jack but there’s certainly some hypotheticals involving him that’s for sure. Maybe he wants to head home, maybe he wants to take some of Norths mega bucks off them, probably he wants to stay.
FWIW I’d do our 1st and Thomas for May but I’m just an internet poster who does not get a say in it :(

They won’t move him on Jack but there’s certainly some hypotheticals involving him that’s for sure. Maybe he wants to head home, maybe he wants to take some of Norths mega bucks off them, probably he wants to stay.
FWIW I’d do our 1st and Thomas for May but I’m just an internet poster who does not get a say in it :(
Yep, but in an article during the finals he said he owes Collingwood and wants to repay the faith they have shown in him (3 year contract renewal)
In effect he is the one person involved in any hypothetical that actually has the only say in it that matters

Leaving that aside any trade for May is likely to involve our 1st this year and probably a 1st next year (we would need to get another one because we have to use our current 1st in 2019)

Yep, but in an article during the finals he said he owes Collingwood and wants to repay the faith they have shown in him (3 year contract renewal)
In effect he is the one person involved in any hypothetical that actually has the only say in it that matters

Leaving that aside any trade for May is likely to involve our 1st this year and probably a 1st next year (we would need to get another one because we have to use our current 1st in 2019)

Yeah happy with 1 first rounder but because of his age I’d rather a player than another 1st rounder. I’ve got a feeling the Pies are into him but we’ll see. It is was it is.

Yeah happy with 1 first rounder but because of his age I’d rather a player than another 1st rounder. I’ve got a feeling the Pies are into him but we’ll see. It is was it is.
This is interesting:

Tom Browne‏Verified account @TomBrowne7 11m11 minutes ago
Can’t wait for dockers comments on what they’ll give up for Hogan. I sense not nearly as much as Melbourne want. The implication, Collingwood still a 10-30% chance for May @7AFL @triplemfooty @7NewsMelbourne

Tom Browne reckons we are still a 10-30% chance for May.

tenor.gif

Are people seriously worried about Marcus Adams choosing Brisbane?

Probably going where he knows he's a walk up 22 player. He's probably depth for us.

Nope, apparently not a quality bloke. I feel the Bulldogs couldn't be happier to see the back of Adams. Surprised Brisbane under Fagan are prepared to take him on board.

143683"]May wanting to get somewhere and that club having the currency to satisfy Gold Coast are two separate questions.

They have got top end picks, reportably with the player exodus they could do with some experience and hard bodies.

good luck convincing anyone to go there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back