List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Carlton's. Carlton not winning every year is my totem that tells me that I'm not living in someone else's dream. It's more reliable than a spinning top.
No, definitely not them. It gives me great joy to see them on the bottom constantly.

I've got a really good one but keeping cards close to my chest until a can get confirmation from a second sauce. Hopefully be back in a few days.

Watch this space comrades.
Contracted or uncontracted? That shouldn’t expose your source?

With Elliott returning there’s your blow softened. A pick in the 20’s just won’t happen. Break it down like this:

JT = 20’s pick
May = pick 18

If I’m being realistic Buckenara was doing his thing and it’s why he’s out of the system. A 1st and fringe best 22 type isn’t landing May. For me you actually have to put some thought into it.

IMO, it’s all about scarcity of resources. GC need mids and we need KPP. Taking a look at our core mid group and the guy that stands out like a sore thumb as maxing out his currency and is replaceable from within is Phillips. You can move Stephenson up the field or bring Wells in whilst still looking in the draft or targeting a Bailey Dale type. He has significantly more currency than the names thrown around as well and GC need outside types with the loss of Hall imminent. It also allows Weller to go inside:

Out: Phillips & 2018 1st
In: May & 2018 3rd (they’ll have circa 7 picks before this one)

The catch is that it’s easy to speculate on that type of deal from the outside looking in. My understanding is that Phillips was a driving force behind our increased cohesiveness much the same as Goldsack and Dunn. It isn’t a decision that can be made lightly so I don’t expect the club to make the call nor am I convinced that I want them too it’s just how I see it potentially working.

Unless we’re prepared to make a move like that it’s not happening this year...
Guessing Oxley + last years pick 70 + goodwill from Witts trade won't get it done either then:p

CONTRACTED defender Marcus Adams has officially informed the Western Bulldogs he wants to be traded to Brisbane ahead of Monday's opening of the NAB AFL Trade Period.

AFL.com.au understands the 25-year-old notified the Bulldogs over the weekend that he had opted to move to the Lions ahead of interest from Collingwood.

With Adams signed at Whitten Oval until the end of 2020, the two parties will need to negotiate a trade, but the Dogs are expected to play hardball in early proceedings this week.

Adams' offer from the Lions is believed to be a three-year deal which would tie him to the club until 2021.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-07/trade-wrap-contracted-dog-chooses-new-home

There goes that.

CONTRACTED defender Marcus Adams has officially informed the Western Bulldogs he wants to be traded to Brisbane ahead of Monday's opening of the NAB AFL Trade Period.

AFL.com.au understands the 25-year-old notified the Bulldogs over the weekend that he had opted to move to the Lions ahead of interest from Collingwood.

With Adams signed at Whitten Oval until the end of 2020, the two parties will need to negotiate a trade, but the Dogs are expected to play hardball in early proceedings this week.

Adams' offer from the Lions is believed to be a three-year deal which would tie him to the club until 2021.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-07/trade-wrap-contracted-dog-chooses-new-home

There goes that.

Yep. May is looking Doubtful and not heard anymore about Neade from Port.?

Fas to Blues might be the only thing we might do

The number 1 priority needs to be Steven May or a defender of similar ability. That should then allow Moore to play forward and Checkers becomes the third tall. Elliott, Stephenson and a pressure small forward complete the forward line. De Goey after a full pre season can play more midfield and rest forward.

Not sure who we can recruit as a small forward that can apply pressure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the Key Spots is a Massive Need
No way they could give Adams a four year deal and go to Tom Langdon and say be happy with a three year deal. The players at the club who have done the hard yards deserved to be looked after first.

We need to sort out the “possibles” from those who are just after security and those who want to take the chance on a lesser deal with the lure of playing finals.

Well the Key Spots is a Massive Need
Big key position players have not been a priority at Collingwood for years. We need a defensive giant killer and a key forward. The club must be putting a lot of faith in Moore's ability to become robust and for Cox to clunk and kick up forward. Maybe the Pies have got something up their sleeve. Perhaps we are still set to land a big fish in this trade period?!

Why does nobody seem to want to come to our club? Surely someone of semi quality and above wants to play for the Pies?

Very simplistic view

Lachie Neale doesn’t just come out and say I want to play for Brisbane without already knowing Brisbane want him firstly and more then likely secondly knows wat they will pay him.

So maybe just maybe we are not that interested in anyone or are waiting , is it coincidence that we haven’t commented and Steven May hasn’t commented but melb have said yeah we want him but no word from him.

I think it’s club led no player eg (jack billing’s) is gunna come out and say send me to Collingwood without knowing if we are interested and able first.

Big key position players have not been a priority at Collingwood for years. We need a defensive giant killer and a key forward. The club must be putting a lot of faith in Moore's ability to become robust and for Cox to clunk and kick up forward. Maybe the Pies have got something up their sleeve. Perhaps we are still set to land a big fish in this trade period?!

Feels that way I just can’t see how we can shuffle wat we have to land said big fish

Has anyone sooked about Adams going to Brisbane and not us on a three year deal yet?

Very simplistic view

Lachie Neale doesn’t just come out and say I want to play for Brisbane without already knowing Brisbane want him firstly and more then likely secondly knows wat they will pay him.

So maybe just maybe we are not that interested in anyone or are waiting , is it coincidence that we haven’t commented and Steven May hasn’t commented but melb have said yeah we want him but no word from him.

I think it’s club led no player eg (jack billing’s) is gunna come out and say send me to Collingwood without knowing if we are interested and able first.
You may well be right, but Stephen May was supposedly such a certainty that players were told he was coming. Now it seems he is going anywhere but Collingwood and we decide after the GP to sign 2 players previously overlooked in Moore and Langdon. Doesn't seem to have been a situation handled cleverly by Collingwood staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back