List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Langdon update

Tom Langdon's manager Scott Lucas has revealed that Sydney is not the only club he's speaking to about the Collingwood defender.

Lucas has told Macquarie Radio that Langdon, who is yet to re-sign with the Pies, is in no rush to make a decision on his future and a call might not be made until next week.

"There's no need to push that decision and it's really up to Tom," Lucas said.
The longer this decision takes the less chance we have of turning Langdon into May! Need a decision soon!

So what i’m Seeing is people saying we have no $ because we just came runners up in a GF and everyone’s price just sky rocketed?

It’s something I can’t believe. Clubs (all of them) plan years out for most things and players.

Add to this, are we really thinking that if we are finding it hard to squeeze players on our list into the cap now, that if Lynch nominated us that we couldn’t fit him in?

I’m sure it could be done.

It’s all just Smoke and Shadows behind the mirrors.

Gotta give North credit, even though they missed out on Gaff they keep plugging away.
Might not be A grade talent but they will add 4-5 best 22 players.

Polec, Hall, Pittard, Tyson, Finlayson.
Polec and Hall will give them some much needed outside run.
Polec is getting pretty close to a-grade imo and he's only 25. great deal for the kangas.

Not happy with this one little bit. Has all the attributes and proven ability to contribute on game day.

Poor character shown by Fas to not turn it around like Mayne, or some of the other injury prone types.

I hope he never plays in another final again with the scum.

Would you also call the character of Dunn poor? He only played 4 games for Melbourne in 2016 through lack of opportunities and was traded to us at the end of that year.

It's a tough industry. Fasolo is better than a VFL player. He's got every right to walk if a opportunity presents itself. I think him leaving has a lot more to do with how the club values him rather than his "character". Obviously there's a number of players ahead of him so it makes sense for both parties.

The potshots are unwarranted imo, he's done nothing wrong. Just wish him well and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were in discussions with Lynch... Then we have absolutely no issues with salary cap space.

Just because we can make this space available, doesn't mean the club will offer it to any big name player looking to move.
The club isn't just thinking about this trade period, these full-time professionals will be working on trades / free agents up to 2019/2020.
Lynch seems was a priority, but I'm sure they have other big plans that they can't jeopardise with chasing every decent player on the move.

Generally, when you secure a free agent or trade for a big name, the club has to overpay to get it done. Therefore you need to pick your targets carefully and rarely.

To assume the club is not being proactive & ruthless re trading ( just because they don't make public declarations of interest) ... is naive in the extreme.

north making out like robbers in that deal imo. port's performance in last season's trade period could go down as worst of all time.

Right up there with the Bears 2009 trade/draft. Looks like the flow on effects will continue to hurt them this year.

Not happy with this one little bit. Has all the attributes and proven ability to contribute on game day.

Poor character shown by Fas to not turn it around like Mayne, or some of the other injury prone types.

I hope he never plays in another final again with the scum.
Difficult to break into our senior forward line in 2018.

Fasolo actually worked pretty hard in the VFL this year where his chasing and tackling etc was up albeit he appeared to have checked out the last few weeks. Also played more midfield too. As a forward he didn’t get rewards on the scoreboard, but the delivery wasn’t AFL standard either.

If we were in discussions with Lynch... Then we have absolutely no issues with salary cap space.

Just because we can make this space available, doesn't mean the club will offer it to any big name player looking to move.
The club isn't just thinking about this trade period, these full-time professionals will be working on trades / free agents up to 2019/2020.
Lynch seems was a priority, but I'm sure they have other big plans that they can't jeopardise with chasing every decent player on the move.

Generally, when you secure a free agent or trade for a big name, the club has to overpay to get it done. Therefore you need to pick your targets carefully and rarely.

To assume the club is not being proactive & ruthless re trading ( just because they don't make public declarations of interest) ... is naive in the extreme.
I would have to agree with this. How much extra did they give DeGoey and Moore, Langdon, Elliot. Or were they happy to let these 4 go ?.

Doubtful the Pies will do any trade, unless its hand is forced (Langdon).
1: We dont have the picks to do anything spectacular.
2: The Club feels its in a good place and will attempt to get the best talent in the Draft as possible. Quaynor/ Kelly.
3: Keep the powder dry for 2020.( If May is still available and go for Kelly ?) We should have $$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back