List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect (I’m not a pro on draft points), I’m not sure I get the point of trading out 18?

I know IQ is projected to go on or around 15-25 so that would spend 24 straight up. If the bid comes in the 18-24 range and we match with a points deficit, then do we also move further back our Rd2 pick 29 (per your deal suggestion) this year OR would that be points decrease for Rd2 2019?

Seems like we give up a free hit at 18 (unless the IQ bit comes before 18), when we could keep 18 and spend the points later in the draft?

I'm not sure about the deficit thing either TBH, I'd rather leave that up to those smarter than me!

I'm only suggesting we do this on the proviso that Hine and Co think Quaynor will get bid on prior to pick 18, which is quite possible. In such instance we'd still have pick 29 as a live selection, whereas currently we'd have no picks until 51, which will likely be used on Kelly anyway.

PS I'm no expert either, I'm trying to figure out our strategy as much as anyone :)

I'm not sure about the deficit thing either TBH, I'd rather leave that up to those smarter than me!

I'm only suggesting we do this on the proviso that Hine and Co think Quaynor will get bid on prior to pick 18, which is quite possible. In such instance we'd still have pick 29 as a live selection, whereas currently we'd have no picks until 51, which will likely be used on Kelly anyway.

PS I'm no expert either, I'm trying to figure out our strategy as much as anyone :)
Deficit is easy to fix the next year... You just trade for points..

I'm hoping that the club is lining up Josh Kelly next year, as a replacement for Pendles eventually.

For me we surprised everyone this year, but 2019 will tell us a lot about this list. I don't expect everything to fall our way (not that it did this year), however I consider that we'll get a very good gauge on where we stand. Hawthorn are falling, Geelong are falling, Sydney are falling - on this rise are the Melbourne Football Charity, Richmond will remain strong (and are premiership favourites for me, equally with West Coast), and West Coast will remain strong.

Essendon are the unknowns, with a host of others you can throw a blanket over.

Our strength remains in the midfield and our ability to rotate our forwards and mids, whilst our defence was solid as it doesn't rely on any one or two players. It's why I don't want to see us give the farm for May, but rather trade for Beams and bolster our midfield stocks, with the option of rotating players between the mids and forwards.

We are spending the majority of the trade period signing our own players!
Ned “what a” Guy killing it....
NOT!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As opposed to other clubs shedding theirs like dandruff due to piss poor salary and man management practices... hhhhmmm I know which position I’d rather be in..

Wow. I must admit; I thought he was gone. I wonder if we revised our offer? If not and he’s signed the 2 year deal on less coin that is some loyalty. Good on you Tom.

Will make it hard for us to do anything major now though as he was about our only trade bargaining chip to get anything of value.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That what I am Wondering.

Did we up our Offer to Tom?

Anyone else think that Langdon re-signing and Beams looking likely means possibly Greenwood on the way out. Seen on twitter suggestions that Richmond are keen on him along with obviously us. Also not heard much on Goldsack surely he's staying?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping that the club is lining up Josh Kelly next year, as a replacement for Pendles eventually.

For me we surprised everyone this year, but 2019 will tell us a lot about this list. I don't expect everything to fall our way (not that it did this year), however I consider that we'll get a very good gauge on where we stand. Hawthorn are falling, Geelong are falling, Sydney are falling - on this rise are the Melbourne Football Charity, Richmond will remain strong (and are premiership favourites for me, equally with West Coast), and West Coast will remain strong.

Essendon are the unknowns, with a host of others you can throw a blanket over.

Our strength remains in the midfield and our ability to rotate our forwards and mids, whilst our defence was solid as it doesn't rely on any one or two players. It's why I don't want to see us give the farm for May, but rather trade for Beams and bolster our midfield stocks, with the option of rotating players between the mids and forwards.

I think North will go hard after Kelly again, but unless they make finals in 2019, I have a feeling they'll fall short again. Kelly only stayed at GWS at the end of last year because he wants to play finals and in a flag.

Hence as long as we have a good 2019 I agree, I hope we ask him the question!

Anyone else think that Langdon re-signing and Beams looking likely means possibly Greenwood on the way out. Seen on twitter suggestions that Richmond are keen on him along with obviously us. Also not heard much on Goldsack surely he's staying?
Read greenwood going to sign a one year deal and probably goldy the same.

Players we've been linked with this trade period...

May, Lonie, Kelly (Adel) Patton, Beams, Roughead,

Who's next?
And did I miss anyone?
Lynch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back