List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think pick 18 and a future second is a little high for Beams who might only have 2-3 years left given his injury history.

I’d go for pick 18 and future second downgraded to Brissies 3rd. If they are interested throw in an Oxley or a Smith too. Boom.

We are spending the majority of the trade period signing our own players!
Ned “what a” Guy killing it....
NOT!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we sign up our key players on reasonable deals that is really important. If we add Beams we significantly improve. We will have room to move post Wells and Mayne deals. This is positive.

Is this the same Langers heaps of people here we’re having pot shots at the last couple of seasons?

For mine, happy he stayed and relayed faith in the club that kept him. Maybe Bucks has finally struck the right formula with the Boys.

Will Oxley be our next Langers in 2019?

The things is, Langdon has been rated highly by coaches and brains in the media for years. The only people who don't think he is any good, are our own supporters.

He isn't the best kick, he needs a improve his core strength to keep his feet more often, but if he does he will get close to AA level before he is done. Brilliant reader of the play, composure and hands. Underrated courage too.

Glad Langers is staying. GCS won’t trade May. Especially if it’s not for a top 5 pic. They will get that as compensation when he signs elsewhere after next season.

If we can bring in Beams and get the players we want in the draft I’m happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a bad feeling that the Beams trade is going to get ugly in the media. Already some numbnuts trying to make a story out of nothing knowing that it's going to create division and build it to something more than it's not.

If you wan't a story go and ask Tim Kelly why after a season of footy if he's homesick and want's to return to WA he won't entertain an offer from Fremantle.

The things is, Langdon has been rated highly by coaches and brains in the media for years. The only people who don't think he is any good, are our own supporters.

He isn't the best kick, he needs a improve his core strength to keep his feet more often, but if he does he will get close to AA level before he is done. Brilliant reader of the play, composure and hands. Underrated courage too.
He's one of the better readers of play in the league I reckon and you're right about his need to improve kicking and strength and I'd also throw in decision making but one thing that's worrying though is if Langdon fails to improve or god forbid regress this board is going to start chowing down on Langdon soup.

Glad he's staying but let's not see another Cloke episode unfold.

Alright, Langdon staying.

Trade with Gold Coast
Out: 18, 51 & Smith/Oxley
In: 24, 29

Trade with Brisbane
Out: 2019 First Round
In: D Beams. Maybe also try to get them to throw in a late pick this year that has points value, say pick 55?

I don't think we'll be able to satisfy GCS for May. Get him next year through Free Agency when Dunn retires. Roughead in as a Dunn and Moore back up in the meantime.

With respect (I’m not a pro on draft points), I’m not sure I get the point of trading out 18?

I know IQ is projected to go on or around 15-25 so that would spend 24 straight up. If the bid comes in the 18-24 range and we match with a points deficit, then do we also move further back our Rd2 pick 29 (per your deal suggestion) this year OR would that be points decrease for Rd2 2019?

Seems like we give up a free hit at 18 (unless the IQ bit comes before 18), when we could keep 18 and spend the points later in the draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We throw future seconds around like candy.

I know! And it sucks every time. Hopefully its a 2nd swapped for a 3rd down grade rather than outright losing it. And hopefully Lions remain shit while we keep killing it.

With Langdon staying will have to re-jig my best 22 team for 2019.

(Jokes)

Great news

No and this is related to something that I'm very passionate about fwiw: I think we should enact a ban or at least have a moratorium on people from private schools being involved at the club. Right now there is too much Carey, Scotch and Melbourne Grammar, not enough Broady High and Dandenong High. #nomorerichkids.
That’s quite Elitist.

Then you can start with the exits of Bucks, Pendles and Sidey for starters.

For mine, irrespective of background, culture, religion etc if you want to be part of Collingwood and you benefit the club, you are welcome.

#sidebysidewesticktogether not just Black & White.

Last edited:
Think we could still get Beams but probably not May now (could be why we’ve shifted across to Roughead).

Pick 18 and our future 2nd for Beams?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah the more I think of it, maybe May had chosen Melbourne all along and has kept quiet due to the fact that the Dees have been quite vocally in saying they can only get May if Hogan goes.....so May aint gunna come out and nominate the Dees knowing that they can't pick him up.....hence our interest in Roughead. Not sure what this means for May but to be honest but couldn't care less if he did in fact choose the dees over us.

Focus on Beams now and going by reports there only after picks so I'd actually be happy to part with next years 1st over this years and hopefully Q doesn't get bid on before our first pick, just not quite sure what else we could couple with next years first.

I know! And it sucks every time. Hopefully its a 2nd swapped for a 3rd down grade rather than outright losing it. And hopefully Lions remain shit while we keep killing it.

Let’s hope it’s this. Maybe we can swap the fasolo pick 57 for Brisbanes’ 55 pick in this year’s draft to help get Quaynor

Assuming no players are changing hands;

Looking at points value that’s 51,55,56 = 660 10% discount is it? That’s 726 points = pick 26/27

Are we better off trading a future 2019 first and third rounder? And swap of 57 to 55 this year?

Or maybe we trade 18 down to bris 41. And give up 2019 future 2nd and 3rd? And use Faz pick (57) for Roughead?
(Though this one seems a little light on for Brisbane)

Any one got any tweaks without players that would look acceptable to Brisbane but still mean we’ll be able to secure Quanyor without deficit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It might be more like a 2nd out and a 3rd back. A down grade rather than losing it all together.
If that happened, take it a run.
It’s going to come down to how much they want Neale though, one of the clubs are going to blink, which one is going to be interesting.

Does Langdon staying allow us to get beams , I hope so

That’s quite Elitist.

For mine, irrespective of background, culture, religion etc if you want to be part of Collingwood and you benefit the club, you are welcome.
Spot on.

Who gives a clacker where someone comes from.

If they are good for Collingwood they can have a plum in their mouth or a twang from the deep bush.

Who cares.

The things that unite us are stronger than the things that divide us.

That’s quite Elitist.

anti-elitist,

besides bucks gets in because he went to a catholic school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back