List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly how it will play out. Why the fcuk around is beyond me. Just get it done ffs.

Anyone that thinks Beams won't make us a better side next season is kidding themselves. He's a gun.

The ****-around is likely intentional. If they announced it today people would be up in arms saying Brisbane got reamed. They need to make it seem like Brisbane toughed it out for a better deal ;)

Expect to see a deal Wednesday arvo IMO

Given we apparently can't use the Faz compo (P57) to match academy bids, I'd be happy to trade it to the Doggies for Roughy and 1 of the early 60's picks which we can use.

Yeah that was the rumour on Saturday, they currently hold:

WB 63. Western Bulldogs (received from Fremantle in 2017)
WB 64. Western Bulldogs

So points wise if we can get one:
63 112
or
64 101

Not sure it helps us a lot given we only have 453 points without it after 18 gets traded (keep forgetting re Faz no points in other post) .

I would not be surprised if Hutchy has made sure there are a number of trades going through right at the end to make it interesting.

I would not put it past him and Crocmedia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing through a reliable source that a deal is done:

Pies: Out - Pick 18, Future 1st, Thomas and Phillips
Lions: Out - Dayne Beams and Pick 5
Suns: Out - Pick 2

Pies: In - Pick 2 (to be used on Jack Lukosius) and Dayne Beams
Lions: In - Pick 18, Future 1st (both to be sent to Freo for Lachie Neale) and Thomas
Suns: In - Pick 5 and Phillips

Bookmark it. Done deal.
I call shenanigans.

How are we even going to afford Beams salary?
His contract was heavily frontloaded. We're probably offering him a new contract but it wouldn't surprise me if our offer is below market value but still a payrise on what his final years at Brisbane are worth.

Also we've had salary space to have an offer on the table for Lynch/May.

Given we went so hard after Lynch we must have more money than is being let on

Richmond heavily backended the Lynch contract and we likely would've done similar. If Beamer is super keen to get to us (and after his huge frontended Bears contract) he may well be prepared to take his last 2 years Bears money spread over 3 years or similar.

I don't see Dayne/Connors pushing us financially - we are already going to pay very fully in terms of draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back