List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think beams is a good fit anymore but worried we might have another quiet trade period.

We Finished 3rd on the Ladder so Club might not think we need a Big Fish like IF we did not Turn Our Form around this season

Barlow for depth? Still racks up decent numbers. Although we do have a lot of mids already on the list.

You can’t seriously think that you’ll be acquiring Beams for a second rounder and VFL quality fringe players?

Will most-likely make AA, finish top 10 in the Brownlow this year, win our club’s best and fairest, finished top 5 in coaches votes, was the captain of our club and is contracted for two more years.

At the very minimum he will cost you your first, if not more. Brisbane holds all the power in this situation. If he doesn’t like it, he can sit out for two years.

He's 29. AFL players don't age like wine.

Don't think Beams would push JT out at all. Would replace Mayne/Greenwood/Aish. Aish could be used at halfback to make room.

We would have one of the the best midfield of all time: Grundy, Treloar, Pendles, Sidebottom, Adams, Beams, Sier, Phillips, Aish, Wells, Mayne, Degoey, Greenwood and to some degree JT/Elliott

Obviously they won’t all fit in but that is serious depth and quality.
We'd probably move Sidebottom to the wing and give Beams his mid/forward role.

Barlow for depth? Still racks up decent numbers. Although we do have a lot of mids already on the list.

You answered your own question.

Id rather keep Blair if midfield depth was an issue. Which it isnt.

That said I hardly think that Barlow is the problem at the Suns. Hes still a ball magnet and wouldnt be the first player I'd be exiting. Hes exactly the sort of player they need while in transition.

Exactly right with Degoey playing full time forward. If Beams comes and he plays mid, we are looking at a 20 goal mid along side Degoey possibly kicking 40+. That would be huge.
I still wouldn't have De Goey as a full time forward. Let him swap with Beams when he needs to get involved and Beams needs a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t seriously think that you’ll be acquiring Beams for a second rounder and VFL quality fringe players?

Will most-likely make AA, finish top 10 in the Brownlow this year, win our club’s best and fairest, finished top 5 in coaches votes, was the captain of our club and is contracted for two more years.

At the very minimum he will cost you your first, if not more. Brisbane holds all the power in this situation. If he doesn’t like it, he can sit out for two years.
You aren't going to pay him 800k to sit in the 2s

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't know if there are many people in the world that know as little as Tim Watson does about any subject, including this, but I'm guessing it wouldn't be many. The guy is an absolute nonce.
And yet there are

Danny Frawley
Steve Silvagni
Andrew Gaze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back