List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this like the time Schache wasn’t leaving?

I've always felt that one of these days a club in this situation would find some stones and stare a contracted player down and hold them to their deal.

It would be just typical if it were to be the time that a said player wanted to be traded to Collingwood...

You can’t seriously think that you’ll be acquiring Beams for a second rounder and VFL quality fringe players?

Will most-likely make AA, finish top 10 in the Brownlow this year, win our club’s best and fairest, finished top 5 in coaches votes, was the captain of our club and is contracted for two more years.

At the very minimum he will cost you your first, if not more. Brisbane holds all the power in this situation. If he doesn’t like it, he can sit out for two years.

And yet here you are, rummaging through the Collingwood board because you know Brisbane is odds on to get absolutely bent over again.

You can have pick 5 (in the rookie draft), Levi Greenwood after he wins a flag with us this year and our version of steak knives, Adam Oxley.

Is Mitch McGovern one of the most over hyped players in the league?

Probably at the moment but still young and his upside is massive. I feel he will develop into a champion defender like his brother eventually with the ability to still play forward really well, perfect Reid replacement and he's the one we should be after.
Thoughts Knightmare?

I've always felt that one of these days a club in this situation would find some stones and stare a contracted player down and hold them to their deal.

It would be just typical if it were to be the time that a said player wanted to be traded to Collingwood...

Didn't Sydney do it and the player won a Norm Smith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably at the moment but still young and his upside is massive. I feel he will develop into a champion defender like his brother eventually with the ability to still play forward really well, perfect Reid replacement and he's the one we should be after.
Thoughts Knightmare?

Mitch McGovern is a solid performer, but I see him receiving a contract much greater than his practical ability. Good athlete, able mark. Probably as a forward doesn't kick enough goals to be a great options. Down back he might be a better suited.

I don't really see him as a genuine KPP. He's only 190cm. He's not 196cm like Jeremy. So he'd be more so competing with the likes of Howe/Scharenberg/Langdon and the like.

In a Collingwood context, I see no real need for him. He's someone I'm satisfied with letting Carlton overpay for.

Hopefully Adelaide can net pick 1 in a deal involving McGovern. They'd be an incredible situation for Lukosius as one of the best clubs at developing KPPs historically.

I doubt it, probably in the teens. They’re gonna blow it on McGovern who really isn’t anywhere near his brother

Adelaide want Lukosious so pick one is a must for them.

They have the upper hand here as he is contracted. Interesting times.

Mitch McGovern is a solid performer, but I see him receiving a contract much greater than his practical ability. Good athlete, able mark. Probably as a forward doesn't kick enough goals to be a great options. Down back he might be a better suited.

I don't really see him as a genuine KPP. He's only 190cm. He's not 196cm like Jeremy. So he'd be more so competing with the likes of Howe/Scharenberg/Langdon and the like.

In a Collingwood context, I see no real need for him. He's someone I'm satisfied with letting Carlton overpay for.

Hopefully Adelaide can net pick 1 in a deal involving McGovern. They'd be an incredible situation for Lukosius as one of the best clubs at developing KPPs historically.

Mihoceks numbers stack up just as well as McGoverns anyway. That and Mihocek has more avenues to goal as he competes so well and has a good ground level game. McGovern is better overhead but I don't think it makes up that gap with Mihocek. I agree, happy to give him a miss.

Agree, I can see the interest in him but would be disappointing if Collingwood showed interest.

Adelaide want Lukosious so pick one is a must for them.

They have the upper hand here as he is contracted. Interesting times.

It'd be a dumb move by Carlton to go for McGovern. If they go there I wonder if we try for Kerr or McKay. Someone gets squeezed out.

It’s been known for a while he’s going to Carlton
Classic Carlton. In an act of desperation and a quick fix, they'll mortgage their future by paying overs in picks and money to get one player who will never satisfy their messiah complex. Usually they wait until they have climbed to at least 15th before they pull this stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back