List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be a dumb move by Carlton to go for McGovern. If they go there I wonder if we try for Kerr or McKay. Someone gets squeezed out.

Agree Quicky.......interesting times.

Classic Carlton. In an act of desperation and a quick fix, they'll mortgage their future by paying overs in picks and money to get one player who will never satisfy their messiah complex. Usually they wait until they have climbed to at least 15th before they pull this stunt.
Carlton have backed themselves into a corner these last few years with poor recruiting. They can't afford for Murphy and Simpson to move on and with Docherty out they really have a big gap in on-field experience. Carlton also need a bigger body in the midfield to help Cripps. His body will be punished if he goes through another couple of seasons like this year. They do need goal kickers, can McGovern do this, maybe. He'll no doubt improve but will he be worth what's needed to pay, possibly not.

Carlton have backed themselves into a corner these last few years with poor recruiting. They can't afford for Murphy and Simpson to move on and with Docherty out they really have a big gap in on-field experience. Carlton also need a bigger body in the midfield to help Cripps. His body will be punished if he goes through another couple of seasons like this year. They do need goal kickers, can McGovern do this, maybe. He'll no doubt improve but will he be worth what's needed to pay, possibly not.

They still have Thomas! :shoutyoldman:

They still have Thomas! :shoutyoldman:
Yeah, I did think about him and he had a solid year but still don't reckon he's worth giving any airtime. Likely to spud next season or sit it out with injury anyway.

Agree, if I were Carlton I would be looking at Anthony Miles and our Rupert Wills as very capable players perfectly suited to protect Cripps from anymore battering, they would cost nothing but fill a big need. I'd start there then look at bigger fish but that's just my opinion.

Carlton's spine (as in centre to centre, not backbone) is the only thing they have going for them. Why would you chase McGovern while Wingard or Shiel were available.

In saying that though, if the deal was actually pick 1 for pick 8 and you had a good recruiter, you'd snap that up.

Mitch McGovern is a solid performer, but I see him receiving a contract much greater than his practical ability. Good athlete, able mark. Probably as a forward doesn't kick enough goals to be a great options. Down back he might be a better suited.

I don't really see him as a genuine KPP. He's only 190cm. He's not 196cm like Jeremy. So he'd be more so competing with the likes of Howe/Scharenberg/Langdon and the like.

In a Collingwood context, I see no real need for him. He's someone I'm satisfied with letting Carlton overpay for.

Hopefully Adelaide can net pick 1 in a deal involving McGovern. They'd be an incredible situation for Lukosius as one of the best clubs at developing KPPs historically.
For me players can jump out of their skin when placed in a team and system that is working really well.
I am loath to judge players with talent who have an average year in a dysfunctional team and environment. The fact he wants out ASAP tells you he's not happy and in all likelihood playing below his ability. I would bank on a massive improvement and think it's worth the risk for us to go for him but each to their own.

Mihoceks numbers stack up just as well as McGoverns anyway. That and Mihocek has more avenues to goal as he competes so well and has a good ground level game. McGovern is better overhead but I don't think it makes up that gap with Mihocek. I agree, happy to give him a miss.

From what I've seen.. I can't think of anyone who launches into the pill like Mihocek. His kicking is absolute pure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some serious shit going down there off field. No other explanation, guy is highly talented, racks up 40 odd in the two's, plays well in his 2 senior games and finally injury free gets delisted. Heard he is a major flog in person but must be more to it than that.

They did the same thing on Schache and Aish.

They're preparing for his move to come this year.
They know it's coming.

They're just posturing for a strong deal because they know that it will be for "personal reasons" 'meaning it makes it difficult to extract full market value.

Don't put it past the Morons at AFL House

I know the AFL make rules up on the run Dave and that's what scares me here.

My ex boss is a mad Carlton supporter and at the start of the year he had a meeting with their President.

They all knew they would finish on the bottom of the ladder.........it was part of the plan that's why it shits me that they "are" getting a priority pick.

There is some serious shit going down there off field. No other explanation, guy is highly talented, racks up 40 odd in the two's, plays well in his 2 senior games and finally injury free gets delisted. Heard he is a major flog in person but must be more to it than that.

Surely to god someone will take a punt on him for f all.

If Beams was totally happy and not planning to go anywhere why wouldn't he come out and say as much after weeks of speculation? There's some smoke and shadows behind the mirrors here I reckon.

His wife wants to come home and with his Dad now gone, I’d wager he’s coming back.

Probably to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back