List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted by Crimson Mask on EBW.

A great interview with Mick McGuane and it shows why he has one of the brilliant minds in football and it is a waste that he is not involved with the Pies at AFL level (despite his habits). He also opens up about Millane, his estrangement with Tony Shaw for over 20 years (and it was a result of this he sought a trade to Carlton). Brilliant interview but it goes for 50 minutes.

https://omny.fm/shows/don-t-argue/mick-mcguane-on-his-strained-relationship-with-ton

Also EBW is reporting that Rob Waters from Ch10 is reporting that Moore is MOST likely off to Sydney. That in itself is not new, but what is, is EBW advised that Rob Waters is Liam Pickering's brother in-law
Sounds like Liam might be feeding Rob info to put the wind up Ned Guy...

This probably would rub some posters the wrong way, but if Moore left, I would be happy with Will Hayward or Oliver Florent.

A swap with one of those players and we receive our 2nd round pick would be adequate.

Why bother keeping a bloke on your list who clearly doesn't want to be there. May doesn't strike me as the type of bloke who would put his head down and get on with it like Gibbs was.

Better compensation that's why. Suns won't take a crap pick for May in the same way we shouldn't take a crap pick for Moore - if he leaves

IMO, there’s been a lot of talk pumping up Guy’s tyres with negligible results, at best, so far. This type of move out of nowhere is one way he can win me over.
Yeah. There seems absolutely no reason to have an opinion either way yet.

Big yes to Roughy 2 year deal. Our window is open. Land May and Rough and we are in it next year up to our eyeballs.
If done dirt cheap Roughy be good get.
Quality person. Can
Only assist

This probably would rub some posters the wrong way, but if Moore left, I would be happy with Will Hayward or Oliver Florent.

A swap with one of those players and we receive our 2nd round pick would be adequate.

I believe this was suggested early on and the vast majority of Sydney supporters are against trading any of Hayward, Florent as well as Rampe, Mills, Heeney, or other young top 22 players.

As strange as it seems the club would prefer to move Shiel on (supposedly RFA next year and although being paid unders is still on big $$$. Scully on the other hand has taken a $500k pay drop to stay with the club.

Based on my understanding of the situation a $500k reduction would still have him over $700k which would be more than Shiel is currently on.

I believe this was suggested early on and the vast majority of Sydney supporters are against trading any of Hayward, Florent as well as Rampe, Mills, Heeney, or other young top 22 players.

They don’t want to trade a first round pick or a decent young player, but want to pay 700k+ for an athletic KPP with 10 years ahead of him.

I finally see that Murray wasn’t the only person on drugs across the border.

Of course their supporters are against it.

It's no different on this board, where everyone just throws up the trash to trade like Oxley and Smith, but never a quality player with value i.e. Phillips, Aish etc.

It's no different on this board, where everyone just throws up the trash to trade like Oxley and Smith, but never a quality player with value i.e. Phillips, Aish etc.

Quality? I’d say the Collingwood equivalents are Stephenson, Maynard, Phillips, Langdon etc.

Quality? I’d say the Collingwood equivalents are Stephenson, Maynard, Phillips, Langdon etc.
Yeah I was being generous to Aish..........:thumbsu:

edit: I was probably being guilty of my own bias because I would trade off Aish for a decent deal in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seems like a pretty radical departure from the rules and would set a precedent that the AFL would not want to set without significant consideration.

I usually enjoy the trade period. I have trade radio on all day at work, even though they have nothing to say most of the time, and the same crappy ads over and over.

But this year I think is really exciting. It will show us if we are going to go hard the next couple of years for a flag. Spend high to go for the big one.

This was posted by Crimson Mask on EBW.

A great interview with Mick McGuane and it shows why he has one of the brilliant minds in football and it is a waste that he is not involved with the Pies at AFL level (despite his habits). He also opens up about Millane, his estrangement with Tony Shaw for over 20 years (and it was a result of this he sought a trade to Carlton). Brilliant interview but it goes for 50 minutes.

https://omny.fm/shows/don-t-argue/mick-mcguane-on-his-strained-relationship-with-ton

Also EBW is reporting that Rob Waters from Ch10 is reporting that Moore is MOST likely off to Sydney. That in itself is not new, but what is, is EBW advised that Rob Waters is Liam Pickering's brother in-law

I heard two weeks ago that he will more than likely request a trade at seasons end. I was hoping that he would be selected this week to alleviate those thoughts, but his non selection reaffirms that this will happen at the end of the clubs season.

Would have no problem trading either for value. In particular we'd be selling Phillips at his highest price. He's a decent home and away player but I query his ability to do it in finals and high intensity games. When some commentators are calling him one of the best 2-3 outside mids in the AFL (doubt the other clubs see it that way though) its time to sell imo

Be interesting with May, and really hoping he chooses to come to the Pies, particularly now as it looks more and more likely that Moore will jump ship. He was in Melbourne a couple of weeks ago, hopefully chatting to Ned Guy!!

Would have no problem trading either for value. In particular we'd be selling Phillips at his highest price. He's a decent home and away player but I query his ability to do it in finals and high intensity games. When some commentators are calling him one of the best 2-3 outside mids in the AFL (doubt the other clubs see it that way though) its time to sell imo
He's really important to our transition. We'd be mad to move him on, unless the return is very very high.

He's really important to our transition. We'd be mad to move him on, unless the return is very very high.
He's easily replaced, all that would need is a slight reshuffle of midfielders. For example, Sidebottom moves onto wing, DeGoey plays 100% midfield. Or we would just assume Stephenson makes the transition to mid next season which he is clearly capable of. Or we could try and recruit a better outside mid of which there are heaps available atm.

Phillips is one of the most expendable players on our list imo.

Last edited:
He's easily replaced, all that would need is a slight reshuffle of midfielders. For example, Sidebottom moves onto wing, DeGoey plays 100% midfield. Or we would just assume Stephenson makes the transition to mid next season which he is clearly capable of. Or we could try and recruit a better outside of which there are heaps available atm.

Phillips is one of the most expendable players on our list imo.

I disagree. His two way running, elite endurance and ability to find the ball at only 22 years of age makes him an untouchable player for me. He will be in his prime and ready to take Sidebottom's place in 3 years.

It's also more than what he puts out on the field too. The kid, who is super switched on, has hardly put a foot wrong since stepping foot into the place and it would be a bad look to the playing group to jettison such a solid citizen.

If we can get may as a free agent. Would we look at Parker for Moore or would we like a first round and package two first rounds to get in a better position. Mid to late first rounds may be a waste if forced to use them on academy kids

It's also more than what he puts out on the field too. The kid, who is super switched on, has hardly put a foot wrong since stepping foot into the place and it would be a bad look to the playing group to jettison such a solid citizen.
Yeah I was referring to trading him if we were in a vacuum where the sole focus was footballing ability. Think its very unlikely we ever look at trading him for the off the park reasons that you refer to.

I disagree. His two way running, elite endurance and ability to find the ball at only 22 years of age makes him an untouchable player for me. He will be in his prime and ready to take Sidebottom's place in 3 years.

I wouldn't be overly disappointed to see him traded. Hopefully other clubs see him as you do and throw the kitchen sink at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back