List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was initially ok with the Roughead deal.
We have had some wins with these type of recruits. Dunn and Brown being the stand outs.
Then I read on here that he is injury prone.
This info has changed my tune. We have enough injury problems without bringing in more.

I remember when we signed Dunn everyone said he was cooked. Played about 3 games in the seniors that year. Everyone has been calling for a cheep Dunn like replacement defender that can be used to take the big key forwards. That is Jordan Roughead.

Also, even though Dunn had a very good year this year before he got injured there are no guarantees that he will get back to his best. He is 32, coming off a knee reco and was delisted by the Dees 2 years ago.

I like that we are getting someone as backup who has played the position before, cheep and will do a good role.
He wasn't delisted.

I’m just wondering if the Roughead deal is a lens into some stuff in background.

I actually see him as a defender and I think it suggests May ain’t coming. Gives them depth there and coverage in ruck.

It also might mean they go after Beams and have the cash to do it. The 18 and a future 2nd or a player would be enough. The fact Beams / his mgr have said little and that Picker is adamant he’s comin says to me Pies have switched to Beams and the lack of denials means something is brewing. Eddie wouldn’t want to have played a role in him being exposed and I reckon will be pushing for him to come back.

Yeah I reckon your spot on there Snoop.....we've now shifted our priority to Beams and bringing in Roughead gives us good depth down back and to be honest he has always been a better backman than ruck and for what he'll cost I think it's a smart move.....he could surprise us all like Dunn has!!

If we pick him up along with Beams I'd still like us to have a crack at Bruce and those 3 would make it a very handy trade period, addressing all 3 areas :thumbsu:

I was initially ok with the Roughead deal.
We have had some wins with these type of recruits. Dunn and Brown being the stand outs.
Then I read on here that he is injury prone.
This info has changed my tune. We have enough injury problems without bringing in more.
The ones we bring in don’t miss to many games lately, it’s our drafted players that’s the worry.

I might pay Shaz, but Goldsack? Slaughtered by Jack in the Prelim and I honestly can't recall him winning a contest against Kennedy in the GF. Indeed I'd say Goldys performance in the last 2 games of the year is a strong argument FOR recruiting a KPD...
Goldsack had a career best year in 2017 playing CHB. If you think 2 games against two of the best forwards in the game coming off an ACL should define what he can and can’t do you’re kidding yourself.

He'd want to be cheap. Fourth round territory, but good for depth. Good character, let's see what he can bring at that price. Anything that scuppers Quaynor and Kelly needs to be avoided, and of course any pick combo that could land us May or Beams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd want to be cheap. Fourth round territory, but good for depth. Good character, let's see what he can bring at that price. Anything that scuppers Quaynor and Kelly needs to be avoided, and of course any pick combo that could land us May or Beams.

I dunno why.... I just have this gut feeling that we are going to overpay for Roughead and this board will go into meltdown!

I hope we get May but if we don’t can Roughead hold down full back until Dunn returns? I think that if we can release Darcy to CHB we will have an intercepting weapon in the same manner as McGovern.
I also want Moore across half back with Howe, rather than deep (with Goldy and Shaz as depth).
As for the 'gorilla'-type full back, that would leave Dunn/Roughead with McLarty and Madgen developing.

I dunno why.... I just have this gut feeling that we are going to overpay for Roughead and this board will go into meltdown!
Future second for their future third?

Because we didn’t take him as a free agent for fear of our 57 going backwards, tells you it will be for way less than 57.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back