List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the sad part, who gets delisted
Reportedly the last few years are for $1.5 million plus. Even with an increase in the cap that’s going to restrict Richmond severely. Lynch will be over thirty before he begins his last 3 years of the contract.

I am glad we didn’t offer anything similar, as much as I would love Lynch at the club.
Richmond, sounds like the 1980's repeating.

Seriously just no.

I am hoping we get IQ and Kelly with our last two picks with no one having bid on them. What we want is to get them as cheap as possible.

People wanting bids early on either of those two players, just so we feel better about the Beams trade, when in reality it will be worse for us, has me scratching my head about some poeple.

Getting Beams and both our targeted players without a deficit in points is a big win.

"I want us to pay up the max for Quaynor and Kelly so I can say "I told you so"".

Some bad news.

Just speaking with a mate who is working with an AFL club at the moment, we were discussing Quaynor and Kelly late last night with a recruiter from the club my mate works for.

Internally our feeling is that the Kelly bid is going to come earlier than expected, somewhere in the 10-15 range, there has been some genuine interest from a few clubs in the first round for Kelly.

While Quaynor bid will come in the 20-30 range.

We would have had to trade in more picks on top of 18 to cover getting both these kids.
At this stage if it plays out the way the club thinks it will, we will only be taking one and we are undecided on which one yet.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Some bad news.

Just speaking with a mate who is working with an AFL club at the moment, we were discussing Quaynor and Kelly late last night with a recruiter from the club my mate works for.

Internally our feeling is that the Kelly bid is going to come earlier than expected, somewhere in the 10-15 range, there has been some genuine interest from a few clubs in the first round for Kelly.

We would have had to trade in more picks on top of 18 to cover getting both these kids.
At this stage if it plays out the way the club thinks it will, we will only be taking one and we are undecided on which one yet.

The person telling you that doesn't understand the bidding system or the points allocation system

Job list.

Sign De Goey. Tick
Blood youth while the team has injuries. Tick
Make finals. Tick.
Go deep in finals. Tick.
Sign Moore. Tick.
Sign Langdon. Tick.
Get Beams. Tick
Get a backup kpp/ruckman. Tick
Trade pick to manage academy points. Tick.

Next?
Sign Mihocek.
Get a Hine special with our only live pick (currently 175 by my calcualtions!!!)
Miraculously keep Murray after his B sample comes out negative (or flawed).
Start training.
Win 2019 premiership.

The person telling you that doesn't understand the bidding system

It's pretty clear cut.

Hypothetically if the bid comes at 11 that's 1329 points.
Quaynor's bid comes at 22 (845 points)

1740 points with the discount applied.

We currently have 1033 points with no first round pick next year, and a 2nd round pick anywhere from 32 (584 points) to 42 (395 points) depending on ladder position and compo picks.

It's pretty clear cut.

Hypothetically if the bid comes at 11 that's 1329 points.
Quaynor's bid comes at 22 (845 points)

1740 points with the discount applied.

We currently have 1033 points with no first round pick next year, and a 2nd round pick anywhere from 32 (584 points) to 42 (395 points) depending on ladder position and compo picks.
So you agree, it is possible to get both

Some bad news.

Kelly is 1 of the few genuine KPP types talked about in that mid 1st round - late 2nd round range so I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he attracts a bid before IQ. I haven't studied team lists to see which clubs have KPD depth issues and where their picks are but I'm sure others are doing it in the lead up to the draft.

What’s the bet we have enough points for both?
Yep, if I was the recruiter at another Club, I wouldn't waste time or invest any effort into trying to draft a kid you know you are not going to get, focus attention on the kids that you are able to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some bad news.

Surely we take Kelly given our KPP stocks? I’d let Quaynor go elsewhere personally.

Yep, if I was the recruiter at another Club, I wouldn't waste time or invest any effort into trying to draft a kid you know you are not going to get, focus attention on the kids that you are able to get.

How much time and effort does it take though? You like a kid, you bid, if you miss out because the other team matches, then you draft somebody else. Its hardly an exhausting exercise.

Kelly is 1 of the few genuine KPP types talked about in that mid 1st round - late 2nd round range so I certainly wouldn't be surprised if he attracts a bid before IQ. I haven't studied team lists to see which clubs have KPD depth issues and where their picks are but I'm sure others are doing it in the lead up to the draft.
I tend to agree, he is more highly rated than Jake at this point in their respective careers and Jake has come along nicely, to a point where we were looking at him if Langdon left. As long as we get both even if we have to go into deficit, I am very OK. We have a raft of young talent that will hold us in good stead for the foreseeable future.

Ned Guy seems reasonably confident that our draft hand is decent enough to land both. Time will tell, but at least we have the capacity to string together some better picks for more points.

Externally that is a front.

He is very concerned that we won't have the points for both.

Adelaide is the club that will apparently bid on Kelly either at 13 or 16.
I agree that they could potentially look at him; but I have a feeling they will bundle some of those picks up to try and get higher in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if any or all of 8,13,16, and 21 are used to try and get in front of Port's pick 5 so they can guarantee one of the gun SA boys.

This live pick trading is going to be pretty good to watch I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back