List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Scary to think we might enter 2020 without Dunn, Reid & Goldsack.

That’s when we are really going to be tested.

We’ve gone from smallest defence to tallest in the last week

Moore & Roughead > 200 cm. We’ll be ok

Nick Hayne is someone we should target next year. A Vic boy who’ll be homesick

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

thinking ahead - does anyone know if there are potential FS prospects in 2019? (given that we won't have a first rounder)
What about NGA?

No points value though - if memory serves correct 73 (start 5th round) is the last pick with points attached

Is 93 our next available as of now?

At this stage. There'll be a fair bit of movement on draft day with bids and matching but I doubt it'll climb into points value range.

I see it the same, it’s way too high a price given his age and injury history over the last 2 - 3 years. At least he can replace Mayne as BF’s new whipping boy if he does not deliver from day 1 and there better not be any “quad” injuries ...
He played 19 and 21 games in the last 2 seasons.

If he is there for the rookie draft potentially? But I assume one of the SA clubs will get him as a ploy to eventually get Brodes back to SA

Still the potential for that to occur although loading up on Roughy and the 2 Irish lads certainly changes the height profile of the squad. We'll have Kelly as well. As things currently stand, we still need to delist at least 1 more player just to accommodate both Beams and Roughy, and that's without contemplating the 3x NGA/FS types. Broomy to RL has been confirmed as happening. Who else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He liked a 7 year contract, I guess we didn’t.

As Lynch was a restricted free agent that 7 year contract is locked into Richmond’s salary cap no matter what as well. Even if Lynch gets a career ending injury or turns into an absolute spud.

As Lynch was a restricted free agent that 7 year contract is locked into Richmond’s salary cap no matter what as well. Even if Lynch gets a career ending injury or turns into an absolute spud.
If they locked him in for that long, it's one hell of a risk.

Excellent off-season so far.

Kept Moore, Langdon & Elliott which is just huge. Two of them to our GF side strengthens us.

Two young Irish lads at 194 and 198 is also huge and exciting for the future.

Trade for Beams and Roughead which further strengthens our side and gives flexibility with DeGoey, Moore and even Howe and ruck coverage as well. Gives us a very powerful and intimidating midfield.

Enuf points for Quaynor and Kelly, all things being equal, adds to our future development.

Wells and Shaz returning and having good seasons can be another possible bonus.

Well done all at Pieland. Excellent.

If they locked him in for that long, it's one hell of a risk.

Reportedly the last few years are for $1.5 million plus. Even with an increase in the cap that’s going to restrict Richmond severely. Lynch will be over thirty before he begins his last 3 years of the contract.

I am glad we didn’t offer anything similar, as much as I would love Lynch at the club.

Reportedly the last few years are for $1.5 million plus. Even with an increase in the cap that’s going to restrict Richmond severely. Lynch will be over thirty before he begins his last 3 years of the contract.

I am glad we didn’t offer anything similar, as much as I would love Lynch at the club.
Wow! That's mad if true. He had an elite half a season a couple of years ago, but the rest of his career has been solid only, plus he has started to pick up injuries.

It all comes down to where Quaynor gets a bid.
Before pick 18, and the Beams trade is fair.
After pick 18, and we screwed up.

Seriously just no.

I am hoping we get IQ and Kelly with our last two picks with no one having bid on them. What we want is to get them as cheap as possible.

People wanting bids early on either of those two players, just so we feel better about the Beams trade, when in reality it will be worse for us, has me scratching my head about some poeple.

Getting Beams and both our targeted players without a deficit in points is a big win.

So in reality if we're going to have a live pick, is it going to be pick 57? Or am I missing something?

Might be even later than that!!

We might only have one live pick depending on the other two academy kids whose names escape me and whether the club wants to senior list them.

Mihocek still unsigned and presumably he will be promoted.
Quanynor and Kelly will chew up our first three? picks
Maybe one or two more academy players
Beams in
Roughead in

Outs so far are
Fasolo
Broomhead (dropped to rookie list)

With others up in the air
Murray
Blair
Kirby
McLarty