List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy leaving will probably break me.
I am still very fragile after the Prelim.

Elliott leaving will put him in the Daisy category for me.
Yeah I hear you. I’d be surprised if Elliott moves on. The club has been loyal to him and I think if he continues to play footy, the club will continue to have him contacted for many years to come.

I'd be offering up WHE to reduce the trade pick price. I like WHE as a deep forward and think he'd be a good get for a lot of teams. But we've got Elliott, Degoey and Stepho, so he has to play half forward and I don't rate his work there at all.
I think WHE offers something very different to the forward line. He didn’t have a great year but I wouldn’t be moving him on. Also, he doesn’t get injured that often.

Every decision has an flow on effect. If you ask me the decision to sign Josh Thomas has effectively pushed Elliot out.

We simply can’t afford to pay Elliot to much, and a guy in his situation should 100% take 4 years if someone is giving it to him.

Shaz? Plus a little bit?

What’s Matt Crouch’s clearance numbers like?

Shaz would be the token steak knives in that deal - the asking price would be an early first rounder and steak knives at a minimum.

Wines is a 190cm 95+kg gun who is an absolute bull at the stoppages - probably needs to trim down a bit if anything to get the most out of himself.

Also contracted for 3 years which bumps the price up even further.

Actually I think we can find 2 goals a game with improvement in mid set up, decent KPF, good xfactor small fwd and quicker transition from defence (our fwds push too far up the ground).

So ******* yes it's realistically achievable. If you think NOT changing or improving weak points will have us winning a flag then your cooked. More of the same won't even garauntee top 4.

Lol so it was fortunate but not correct...fact is WC win we don't make the 4.
We were as inconsistent as all hell all year bar the last 4 games of the in a season vs basically the bot 4 and the pissweak bombers.
Our GWS prelim game mirrored a lot of the year played 1 good quarter, 2 piss weak and 1 neutral quarter.

Yeah but they lost. In fact I collected a few $$ on that game backing the hawks to win and behest to kick over 2 goals at $8. Haha.

We probably deserved to be in the 4 more than the WC. At least we were winning coming to the end of the season and beat the minor premiers.

In the last 3 games, WC scraped past Adelaide (who we subsequently demolished), then lost against Richmond and Hawthorn. They beat the worst team to make the 8 in I don’t know how many years, and then get pumped by the Cats who got done by us the week prior.

On top of that, our % was a lot better.

So, I think we deserved 4th spot more than the WCE.

He says ”he’s more sure on Daniher to Sydney than Elliott to Hawthorn”.

In the other words he’s got no idea.

In other words he's recycling Tom Browne's speculation.

Any money Dwayne Russell doesn't even know where the "leak" about Elliott to Hawthorn even came from originally.

Shaz would be the token steak knives in that deal - the asking price would be an early first rounder and steak knives at a minimum.

Wines is a 190cm 95+kg gun who is an absolute bull at the stoppages - probably needs to trim down a bit if anything to get the most out of himself.

Also contracted for 3 years which bumps the price up even further.
What about swapping Treloar for Wines.

For those wanting a small quick crumbing forward, does anyone have any knowledge on Jones from Geelong? Just been delisted after his second year, and I thought he actually looked ok in his first few games last year? I assume maybe fell down the pecking order with Ablett there and the recruitment of Dahlhaus, Rohan, Miers and Atkins.

Could he be worth a spot on the list?

We've already got someone similar in Atu Bosenavulagi, who probably has the same chance of panning out as a pressure small forward.

No need to go speculating on someone else's cast-offs at the same position imo.

Re Hitouts - Someone earlier this year posted some stats confirming Grundys % hitouts to advantage were around the average for all Ruckmen.
That’s good. Better to get 50 tap outs with 15% to advantage than 20 tap outs for 15% to advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about swapping Treloar for Wines.

We're actually in pretty good shape for inside mids right now - need more speed on the break and on the outside and Wines isn't it.

Thus trading Treloar for Wines would be a case of robbing Peter and not really paying Paul because he's already well looked after.

Usually understand and don’t begrudge a player going to another club but i’d be gutted Elliott going elsewhere (Hawthorn etc) we we kept him on our list whilst he had his injury woes. Sure it works both ways but the return in those years vs him staying.
we did something 17 other clubs would have done in the same position. Elliott owes us nothing.

Why would we do that?
Wines is fast becoming very overrated.
Dropped as captain ....that says everything you need to know about his professionalism standards.
I didn’t realise he had professionalism issues. Maybe Treloar is overrated? Kicking to advantage is ordinary, and seems to have lost his burst out of congestion. Maybe I’m being a little harsh and he does get a lot of the ball, however, just a suggestion to change the midfield mix up a bit with like for like in terms of $$$&

we did something 17 other clubs would have done in the same position. Elliott owes us nothing.
If it’s $$ Elliott is also going for, I’d let him walk. Keeps more $$$ for Grundy, JDG and Moore plus helps build up a chest for something bigger next year. Get a possible end of 2nd round and don’t need to worry about him pulling up with another injury each week.

We've already got someone similar in Atu Bosenavulagi, who probably has the same chance of panning out as a pressure small forward.

No need to go speculating on someone else's cast-offs at the same position imo.
Fair enough. Didn't know much about him other than remembering he looked ok in his first year.

DeGoey is our best clearence player might have to just bite the bullet play him full time in the guts.
Jordy really needs to be more consistent and really be involved a hell of a lot more. For all the hype surrounding him, his output isn't that great. I do hope he wants to get to that Dusty Martin level. Spending more minutes in an around the footy and hitting the scoreboard when he rotates forward.

If he's regularly getting 20+ disposals, kicking and goal or two each game and getting involved in chains where we score, i'd much rather that than the occasional four or five goal game.

Pies need a Key Forward combined with their mids/small line up. Cox is fine next to the smalls and Mihocek as he still draws multiple defenders when the ball is in the air... that is his VALUE... wished he marked more, but he draws attention.... if he can simply bring the ball down so crummers can get sneaky shots at the goal. Now, this shouldn't be the game plan the entire game.... when Grundy or main ruck rest and Cox becomes the ruck, the Pies need to switch to a Key Forward strategy and change it up, making the other team disjointed, even if just for a quarter.

Moore or Howe should slide down for a quarter to fill that position... but they will need to work in the off season to have the "offense" feel again.

The backline should be fine when Langdon comes back and even moving Pendles down there for some field general type of work... like Burgoyne role, both are elite players because of their IQs.

I would slide Sidebottom into the forward pocket also...

But key is to have a younger version of Wells/Greenwood at the middle.... they both are the type of players that Pies need badly next to the "finesse" and skilled mid field.... as good as Treloar is, he isnt the hard body player that goes hard in the contest like Adams, Wells and Greenwood.... basically Pies need that "Luke Ball" type at all times.

Pies don't have to do too much in the off season, they just need to continue blooding the young and improve depth. Because injuries will always be a HUGE obstacle in a finals run.

If we land howard from port maybe were looking topush roughy forward to play the cox role...
What about dan butlet for the small forward rol..if elliot leaves

Some good analysis just then "on the couch." To paraphrase Roosy - "Collingwood looked totally unprepared around the stoppages".

Looking back at it I didn't realise how often Mumford was just staying down and actually roving Grundy's taps.

Lots to work on........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back