List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we added 56 from our end to the Beams deal and kept the Fas compo pick (57).

Can someone confirm that we can’t use the points associated with the compo pick because it seems strange we’d hold 57 (no bidding points value) and trade 56. Should have added 57 not 56.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lions want points too. May have been a sticking point.

They gave this year's pick nine, we gave pick eighteen, they gave next year's first which in all likelihood will be a better pick than our first next year PLUS we got some picks back.
Don't think I will ever understand why some of you just say blatant lies to suit some odd bent you seem to have.
You said we paid more than what Essendon paid for Shiels, that is not true, by all means you can have an opinion if we paid too much but will never understand why add plain old lies to the post.
Maybe a career in politics is on the cards

Remember also we have some other picks in the 50s. I calculated 1227 points in total which is sligthly higher than pick 13 in value.

So that should be enough points for our academy kids.
Only have points for pick 51, 57 was compensation for Fasolo and doesn't attract points. This was the only stuff up in the deal, we gave then 56 which does have points attached and kept 57.

Sorry to say that Midfielders don't peak at 29-30

Sam Mitchell won a Brownlow at 29, played a further 5 seasons.

GA Jr. won his 2nd brownlow at 29 in 2013, still playing.

While it's true the performance of midfielders generally starts to decline it's far from guaranteed.

Last edited:
Agreed. Scary to think we might enter 2020 without Dunn, Reid & Goldsack.

That’s when we are really going to be tested.
Agree with you on that but my thinking on this is if we the supporters are aware of this the club most certainly is also.
A fit Moore will help massively and who knows we may develop a player (McClarty, Murphy etc) or perhaps there's another Dunne we can get.
The club has made mostly excellent choices in getting our squad to its current strong position and I back them to get the KPPs right as well.

Our first was probably going to used in a matching bid, not a free hit, was always it seems going to be traded on.
While l am 50/50 on having Dayne back, to me he only cost next years first as we were never going to use this years.

I'm not convinced a bid will come for IQ before 18, I guess time will tell. Wouldn't it be funny if the Bears make a bid with 18.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we added 56 from our end to the Beams deal and kept the Fas compo pick (57).

Can someone confirm that we can’t use the points associated with the compo pick because it seems strange we’d hold 57 (no bidding points value) and trade 56. Should have added 57 not 56.

Correct. No points attached to a compo pick.
Maybe the only stuff up in the deal. But who knows, they may have offered it and it was rejected.
Pick 57 can still be traded up until the draft though. Who knows, they may swap 57 for whoever has 58 to get the points.

Sam Mitchell won a Brownlow at 29, played a further 5 seasons.

GA Jr. won his 2nd brownlow at 29 in 2013, stil lead playing.

While it's true the performance of midfielders generally starts to decline it's far from guaranteed.

Yes there are always anomalies, but the vast majority trend a certain way and it's not up.

Definitely points attached to the Fas pick. I think we'll be fine for our boys on draft night, and leave a couple of late spots for Hine to weave some magic (or hopefully snag Atu B)
There are no points attached to compensation picks. So 57 will need to be traded before the draft, possibly to whoever has 58. They come down 1 in the draft position and we get some points.

Overall I’m pretty happy with the Beams deal. Getting 41 and 44 back softens the blow of giving up two firsts and gets us much needed points this year. Would have preferred to hold onto 56 though. We should be able to lsnd IQ (1st round talent anyway) and Kelly but think we might go into slight deficit next year.

So what are we left with?

41,44,51,57 is that it?

If we clear more list spots we'll be allocated later picks as well.

Everyone is complaining that we overpaid for Beams.

Look at it this way.

In reality, we only paid 1 future first round pick and pick 56.

This years 1st round is covered by pick 41 and 44 after the 20% discount.
It was always going to be used for points to get Quaynor so was never going to be a live pick.

So there you have it, not such a bad deal.

It falls apart if a bid doesn't come before pick 18 for Quaynor though but from what everyone is saying, that won't happen.

Point is, if we still held 18 then a bid would have likely come from a tactical point of view. Now that we don’t it is doubtful that will happen, happy with this trade, didn’t sell the farm and a premiership player is back where he belongs !!!

Only way we lose this deal is if we do really poorly next year and our first-rounder becomes a high pick.

As it is, an end-of-first-round pick is not that exciting. Two end-of-first-round picks is not that far off what we paid for Aish, really. In some ways we paid more for Nathan Freeman... if a pick ten can be that useless for us, there's no guarantee that two pick 18s would produce something better than what we've got (Beams plus points).

Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back