List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish again - we burn players on the lead forward of centre in favour of a short chip forwards or sideways on such a regular basis that it's almost comical.

Seriously have you even watched any of our games over the past 12 months, because what I've described is exactly what happens with our ball movement more often than not and it has nothing to do with forwards not presenting for the ball carrier.
What about all the down the field shots. Where you see six statues not moving. They love picking that apart on Fox.

The forwards have been woeful and have not presented all year.

How about his games at the MCG since 2017?

- 13 touches, 6 marks, 5.2 Against Sam Frost/Oscar McDonald.....wow how did he do that?
- 11 touches, 5 marks, 4.1 Poor Sam Frost didn't have any help this time!
- 10 touches, 5 marks, 2.1 Against the mighty Matthew Scharenburg......(Dunny had done his ACL and Moore was out too)
- 7 touches, 3 marks, 1.2 Absolute Domination here by Ben! Kicked a goal on Frawley!

Not bad returns for a bloke who loves Docklands. You think? I think you're proving my point.

Nah you've definitely GOT ME this time....

So it’s looking like another useless trade season for the pies. We land someone like Jetta and rely on internal improvement and growth. Geez I hope Reef turns out to be a jet! I pray Will Phillips slips to 12 but probably won’t. And by that stage it will be pick 15 or 16. Where someone else will bid on Reef! hopefully we get that Tassie kid with our second pick. Probably not. it’s not looking great. Pleaaaaaaase prove me wrong!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they are actually going after Jetta, I'd be very disappointed and well on my way to losing confidence in the list management. Is he really the answer to our problem?? Clearly not. Therefor the club needs to focus on what the real problems are with the team, and not get distracted by things which add absolutely no value.

The forward pressure is once the ball has reached that area of the ground, we are talking about the ball transition in getting it inside 50 is too slow, nothing to do with forwards, forward pressure is about maintaining the ball inside 50 once it gets there, nothing to do with how we move the ball

Prevent us turning it over at half forward means not blazing away and have an opposition HBF take an intercept mark across half forward

Was he the bloke that saw Shaw coach 5 games then hired him on a permanent basis? Then convinced himself that North we're a chance and decided not to sell high on their experienced players? The same guy who now has to concede that he was wrong, that his older players are worth less than before and is now staring at a rebuild?

Who knows and who cares why North are keen to offload him. Maybe they find that he can't work in Shaw's coaching system because its written in crayon. Maybe Brown was a huge Scott fan and was disenchanted when he was pushed out?

The variable that all those opposed to Brown are pointing to is "he's cooked". But there are a lot of factors that come into play that can effect player performance.
All the blame at NM is being pushed onto Glenn Archer. Being a Board Director it is reported he us riding roughshod over Rawlings and the Football Dept. making decisions and not involving the decision makers

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So it’s looking like another useless trade season for the pies. We land someone like Jetta and rely on internal improvement and growth. Geez I hope Reef turns out to be a jet! I pray Will Phillips slips to 12 but probably won’t. And by that stage it will be pick 15 or 16. Where someone else will bid on Reef! hopefully we get that Tassie kid with our second pick. Probably not. it’s not looking great. Pleaaaaaaase prove me wrong!

There's no way Phillips is sliding to 12. Even if we had 5 from GCS we'd still only be half a chance.

No need to get your knickers in a twist, it isn’t even trade week yet. Half the shit that gets said weeks out never happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh but didn’t you know teams ran zone defences nowadays that you can’t kick thru bud? So really he didn’t have a direct matchup. Sorry to spoil your party but keep bagging him :(

Bagging would be me saying stuff like : "He's soft" or "he's a spud" and I'm not. I've actually gone into bat for BB on the main Drafts and Trades board because its SAD to see what has happened to him and how he's been devalued by his club. But footy doesn't go backwards and he's got his way of playing and that's just not gonna get it done any more against team defences.

Now that's all I've been saying all along. If you still hope the club recruits him, no skin off my nose! I'd prefer to draft a kid.

Hope Cameron stays at GWS rather than go to Geel, couldn’t stand those smug Cats supporters if they got him.

Now GWS have brought in the big guns and organised his TV and endorsements after football...he'd be nuts to go to Geelong!
Having said that, Patrick DOES have a really nice boat ;)

Do you think we get a decent pick in return for Cox (2nd rounder?) or would it be a salary dump on disadvantageous trade terms?

What’s the point of trading Lynch? We’d get nothing for him and surely his wage is already v.low?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Whats the point of keeping him if he adds nothing and is of no trade calue?

Whats the point of keeping him if he adds nothing and is of no trade calue?

Yes, you’re right. I’m actually surprising there is interest in him. I thought delisting was more likely or retention as cheap “break glass in case of emergency” talls coverage. Kelly looks the real deal but I doubt any of Lynch Keane or Cameron will ever become regular players in our senior team. Can we afford to carry all of these “project” talls (and Cox) in a reduced squad?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What about all the down the field shots. Where you see six statues not moving. They love picking that apart on Fox.

The forwards have been woeful and have not presented all year.

I'm sorry but all the passive-aggressive LOL'ing in the world doesn't change the fact that our forward issues stem almost entirely from the snail's pace at which we move the ball up the ground, which allows the opposition to clog up our forward line.

As I'm sure you're aware the art of presenting options to the player in possession has many moving parts, with multiple leading patterns, blocks, double leads, etc and all of this is made infinitely more difficult if you're waiting 60-90 seconds for the ball to progress from half back to F50 and the opposition has had time to push numbers back / across to the most likely point of entry.

As I've said multiple times now we look like superstars in the brief patches where we do move the ball quickly and the forward line you're maligning seems to work pretty well when that happens.

Keep potting the forwards as much as you want, but ultimately if things don't change drastically with our structures and ball movement further up the ground then you could plug the next coming of Jesus in our forward line and he still wouldn't get much of a sniff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back