List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
News coming through that Caldwell expecting to select St Kilda as his preferred destination.
Yet we are making a move on Nev Jetta. We really are falling behind and quickly aren’t we. All you can do is laugh.

Caldwell is also about to get $600k per year......and Jordy isn't worth $800k in comparison?
Seriously.....

No need to get your knickers in a twist, it isn’t even trade week yet. Half the sh*t that gets said weeks out never happens.
Look at his posts. Anyone who has unrealistic expectations like that is bound to be disappointed by the time trade week is over, no matter what.

News coming through that Caldwell expecting to select St Kilda as his preferred destination.
Yet we are making a move on Nev Jetta. We really are falling behind and quickly aren’t we. All you can do is laugh.

Hardly surprising unfortunately

Treloar is the biggest name we’ve nabbed since Shane Woewodin.

Let’s just burn all our picks on mids and see absolutely no improvement in the side

Is that the typical straw man retort from someone who doesn't have an actual response? I'm fairly certain that I didn't mention drafting or trading in anyone at any point for the record, but you feel free to run with that one buddy.

Once again the issues with our scoring are almost entirely down to the slow ball movement coming out of defence that our current overly-cautious approach to transitioning from our D50 largely dictates. It doesn't matter who you have up forward if the opposition is constantly given more than ample time to push a bunch of extra players in front of the ball at will for the majority of our F50 entries.

In the end it's a simple equation - moving the ball quickly = much less opportunity for the opposition to structure up = much more room for our forwards to work with inside F50 = more opportunity for the forwards to do their thing, including providing a viable hit up target for the ball carrier (as opposed to dragging the two or three defenders positioned in front of them to the marking contest).

It's really not that hard to understand and you're not stupid so I'm a bit perplexed as to why you can't see it.

Last edited:
Although that has better value than picking them in the early 1st round, the chances of a late KPF being a success is so slim, making it nightmare to plan for. I mean you can't really go into a season thinking 1 of your 5 late picks will be the pillar of your forward line.

Similar problems with having to take years and resources to develop them still apply. You will also need to reserve half a dozen list spots so that cumulatively they have a decent chance.

Also in terms of development, you can realistically maintain 2 maybe 3 max in your AFL team, so having anything more than that we have decreasing efficiency. Just not worth it.
It is worth it when the other alternative is to continually develop below average midfielders and miss out on key forward in the trade period because of lack of trade currency and cap space.

Then there is also the fact key forwards don’t want to play for us because we don’t have any. One of the reasons Lynch picked Richmond over us was to play with Reiwoldt and I imagine Cameron likes the idea of playing with Hawkins.

If it was so easy just to trade for a key forward in we would have done so already.

I get what your saying though don’t put all your eggs in the key forward basket when hitting draft

Grundy is a unicorn worth every cent, statistically still performed well...just not the level of output we are used too.

I’d say he was injured or just struggling with the short turn around, he carried a heavy load and should have been rested. How many other ruckman played out the season? We had the toughest draw in terms of scheduling and he played every game.

He will bounce back.
That's not what I was asking about. I was questioning whether following up Rendell's he could be traded to the Swans on the same salary we had to agreed to pay him in light of his play the past year. Perhaps he will come good, perhaps he won't. I am sure they would use his ordinary form this year to knock the price down e.g. insist Collingwood pay part of his salary. Of course, this is all hypothetical.

Charlie Cameron's brother possibly worth a look? What would it take to snag him out of the Eagles? We need someone to surpass Josh Thomas in that best 22 and play a role in that forward line to help Mihocek and Jordy out.

We can forget Jeremy Cameron coming here I think he's similarly down the path of Tom Lynch with talks well under way with the Cats as Lynch was with the Tigers .. I think we should be targeting another midfielder & Merrett would be perfect for what we need out of the middle...whilst there's an opening here.. poach him Pies go on!

There is no chance we land a forward other then Peter Wright. No forward would want to play with the constant slow ball movement and when it does go in fast only two players on the team can hit up a lead. Everyone talking about 2018, it was legit the only year since 2012 that we moved the ball fluently. Also I don’t think Maynard will ever end up as a midfielder considering he was drafted as one and has gone in there for a spell only a few times over his whole career. Getting Neville Jetta just shows how incompetent our club is.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

These type of posts are just stupid. You have no idea what Collingwood have done whether they've contact him or not. Jetta might even not be traded anyway.

These type of posts are just stupid. You have no idea what Collingwood have done whether they've contact him or not. Jetta might even not be traded anyway.

The Media don't have much clue either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caldwell is also about to get $600k per year......and Jordy isn't worth $800k in comparison?
Seriously.....

Caldwell isn't getting $600k per year from anyone except maybe North because that's just what they do, throw away TPP. A desperate club with one year of 105% TPP cap up their sleeve putting a player on a contract number significantly higher than what they are currently worth shouldn't be driving our decisions.

If you still want to go down that path then let's consider Cameron who has been offered $750k per year, which is likely to be a reasonable figure under the reduced TPP caps that are coming over the next few seasons (yes he will end up getting a bit more than that).

Who do you think is the better player out of Cameron and DeGoey right now as we speak?

I’ve just gone back and re-listened to Rendell on SEN this morning and for someone who has recently come from our inner sanctum I found these comments the most interesting. It was all around how Collingwood might fit Jeremy Cameron in & make money in your cap.

- Suggested trade Grundy for Sydney’s pick 4
- They are desperate for a ruck and Dean Cox is a coach there; thinks it’s a better fit for Brody
- Thinks Brody & the club would be open to it & Sydney would suit his lifestyle (WTF)
- Also thought we should send Cox to Dogs
- He (Rendell) was tasked last year (before Brody signed extension) to find a replacement for Grundy if in fact he decided to leave.
- He suggested Port ruck back up Sam Hayes. Mature aged, ready to go and behind Lycett & Ladhams & plays similar to Brody.
- Backed Moore to be an athletic, goal kicking ruck.
- Acknowledged that would leave defence short but thought Will Kelly will become good back there or chase Robbie Tarrant from North for a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How is it stupid? What I do know is that as stated we never get a grade talent, always someone else’s leftovers or guys that are unattainable. We have gone after JJK, Dixon, Gunston etc in this period alone to no success, and they’re all well established in their clubs anyway, yet we’ve decisively said no to Brown... go figure.
We pick up guys like WHE, Aish, a cooked Daniel Wells, Chris Mayne etc like that is the caliber of players we attract and recruit so the Jetta news is something i fortuitously believe. Why are we the best linked club to 2 metre Peter and Pat McCartin? Oh that’s right, we get the b and c grade level guys. It’s who we are.

I’ve just gone back and re-listened to Rendell on SEN this morning and for someone who has recently come from our inner sanctum I found these comments the most interesting. It was all around how Collingwood might fit Jeremy Cameron in & make money in your cap.

- Suggested trade Grundy for Sydney’s pick 4
- They are desperate for a ruck and Dean Cox is a coach there; thinks it’s a better fit for Brody
- Thinks Brody & the club would be open to it & Sydney would suit his lifestyle (WTF)
- Also thought we should send Cox to Dogs
- He (Rendell) was tasked last year (before Brody signed extension) to find a replacement for Grundy if in fact he decided to leave.
- He suggested Port ruck back up Sam Hayes. Mature aged, ready to go and behind Lycett & Ladhams & plays similar to Brody.
- Backed Moore to be an athletic, goal kicking ruck.
- Acknowledged that would leave defence short but thought Will Kelly will become good back there or chase Robbie Tarrant from North for a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What I took from it he talks a Lot of Shit

I think Noble might be moved to a wing regardless of Jetta. Cats targetted and exploited his lack of size. It's the only time that it happened this year, but I expect it to become a go to tactic against us if he stays in defence.

I wonder if Noble gets dropped with Howe back in. Two talls, two mediums, three smalls. We currently run two talls, one medium, four smalls. Geelong expoited his lack of size on the wing too. Blicavs was his direct match up and did as he pleased.

Seriously.....

Yep, Saints might be nabbing lots of players last 2 years but they are paying up big time.

Look at the deals Hannebery and Hill are on. Shocking.

Eds mate Gub Allan who you might remember from bargain deals Wells & Mayne has the chequebook wide open down at Moorabbin.

How is it stupid? What I do know is that as stated we never get a grade talent, always someone else’s leftovers or guys that are unattainable. We have gone after JJK, Dixon, Gunston etc in this period alone to no success, and they’re all well established in their clubs anyway, yet we’ve decisively said no to Brown... go figure.
We pick up guys like WHE, Aish, a cooked Daniel Wells, Chris Mayne etc like that is the caliber of players we attract and recruit so the Jetta news is something i fortuitously believe. Why are we the best linked club to 2 metre Peter and Pat McCartin? Oh that’s right, we get the b and c grade level guys. It’s who we are.

And Howe, Treloar, Tay Adams, Varcoe, Crisp, but yeah don’t let the fact that we’ve had our fair share of excellent recruits get in the way of a good “club in crisis” narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back