List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is worth it when the other alternative is to continually develop below average midfielders and miss out on key forward in the trade period because of lack of trade currency and cap space.

Then there is also the fact key forwards don’t want to play for us because we don’t have any. One of the reasons Lynch picked Richmond over us was to play with Reiwoldt and I imagine Cameron likes the idea of playing with Hawkins.

If it was so easy just to trade for a key forward in we would have done so already.

I get what your saying though don’t put all your eggs in the key forward basket when hitting draft
How do you actually miss the point every single time lmao

There are so many things wrong with this post of yours im not gonna bother :)

How about his games at the MCG since 2017?

- 13 touches, 6 marks, 5.2
- 11 touches, 5 marks, 4.1
- 10 touches, 5 marks, 2.1
- 7 touches, 3 marks, 1.2

Not bad returns for a bloke who loves Docklands.

1602739353320.png
Just a quick analysis of some key forwards who have played at Docklands. I kept the sample to 12 key forwards who have played at least 40 games at Docklands and/or who have kicked over 300 goals.

Some key takeaways
- 9/12 players have their highest goals per game average at Docklands over the 4 categories (All grounds, Docklands, MCG and Other). This would suggest the conditions at Docklands suit key forwards more than other grounds.
- Ben Brown has the largest differential between DOCKLANDS and ALL. This suggests Ben likes Docklands more than anyone else.
- Ben Brown has the 6th largest differential between DOCKLANDS and MCG. This isn't too bad a drop off but still only average here.
- Ben Brown has the largest differential between DOCKLANDS and OTHER. This is the most concerning I would say because his differential is the largest by quite a bit.

Now if I extrapolate his averages over a typical Collingwood season (based on 2019: 14 games at the MCG, 3 games at Docklands, 5 at Other) he would kick 46 goals. Over three years this would be 138 goals (he kicked 188 goals across 2017-2019 as a comparison).

Please consider there are other factors at play here such as injury, the team they play for etc. This is just a statistical analysis.

How is it stupid? What I do know is that as stated we never get a grade talent, always someone else’s leftovers or guys that are unattainable. We have gone after JJK, Dixon, Gunston etc in this period alone to no success, and they’re all well established in their clubs anyway, yet we’ve decisively said no to Brown... go figure.
We pick up guys like WHE, Aish, a cooked Daniel Wells, Chris Mayne etc like that is the caliber of players we attract and recruit so the Jetta news is something i fortuitously believe. Why are we the best linked club to 2 metre Peter and Pat McCartin? Oh that’s right, we get the b and c grade level guys. It’s who we are.
Relax mate, not trade week yet.

He wouldn't cost. It'd be more like the Dunn, Roughead path again.

Jetta is the wrong age and injury profile for our list. Before even considering that we're stacked in that position. One of our issues is not enough of our players get on the field. I don't know why we'd invite the problem. It doesn't make any sense which suggests to me its bullshit.

How do you actually miss the point every single time lmao

There are so many things wrong with this post of yours im not gonna bother :)
There nothing wrong with my list that why you’re not gonna bother...

Bianco is set to be our Houli. Kicking is surgical.
Funny how you refer to a Richmond defender but if there’s a Richmond defender that Bianco should base his game on, it’s little Liam Baker. That guy is a jet with a lethal kick. Seriously underrated, hopefully Bianco can have a similar trajectory.

I think Jetta is a better kick than any of our defenders atm, our team would be better suited if we moved one of Crisp or Maynard to the middle and our small/medium defenders is a position the most overrated position on our list.

The names get bare after Crisp and Maynard we essentially have no depth there.

Cox is over 30 so I don't think he has many Seasons Left

Cox started late, is also pretty agile for a player his size and tall rucks don't get any shorter with age.

Probably had 3-4 solid seasons left in him as a second or third tall forward / backup ruckman, if he can avoid the injury imp.

Funny how you refer to a Richmond defender but if there’s a Richmond defender that Bianco should base his game on, it’s little Liam Baker. That guy is a jet with a lethal kick. Seriously underrated, hopefully Bianco can have a similar trajectory.
Liam Baker is exceptional.

A key reason why our defense has stood out from the rest, is because all or our defenders are both accountable defensively, but also add the offensive rebounding capability (Moore, Maynard, Quaynor, Howe, Crisp etc).

We have all seen how players like Lloyd/Witherden/Houli get exploited by isolating them in a deep 1 on 1 target, and recently we experienced it with Noble. Baker is the prototype of small defenders, and if we want to get a small defender we should try Baker not Jetta...

Neville Jetta are we serious about contending for a flag?

fu** me dead this club has become so clueless with list management
I know, right?!! It makes me so mad when the club does something that hasn't happened yet! I'm still filthy at Pendlebury for being busted selling Panzer tanks to Turkmenistan next year!

How is it stupid? What I do know is that as stated we never get a grade talent, always someone else’s leftovers or guys that are unattainable. We have gone after JJK, Dixon, Gunston etc in this period alone to no success, and they’re all well established in their clubs anyway, yet we’ve decisively said no to Brown... go figure.
We pick up guys like WHE, Aish, a cooked Daniel Wells, Chris Mayne etc like that is the caliber of players we attract and recruit so the Jetta news is something i fortuitously believe. Why are we the best linked club to 2 metre Peter and Pat McCartin? Oh that’s right, we get the b and c grade level guys. It’s who we are.

It was reported by Morris we went for Charlie Dixion earlier this year.

Chris Mayne has been more than valuable. We haven't been linked once to Wright, someone wrote we called McCartin? yeah jezz that must mean we're totally getting him..

Would be crazy if this was true. Why would we target a 31 year old small defender even if we wanted to release Noble/Maynard/IQ to the midfield when we have Trent Bianco/Nathan Murphy and a whole bunch of younger guys unable to get an opportunity.

We should only target role players if they fill a position of shortage (e.g. KPP/clearance mids/crumbing forwards)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean like Leon Davis? You know, the All-Australian defender who turned 30 halfway through the 2011 season and was then asked to take a 30% pay cut to play on?
Leon Davis was finished because he asked for too much money, he still had more in the tank.

Neville Jetta are we serious about contending for a flag?

fu** me dead this club has become so clueless with list management
Wait I thought this was about Lewis?

In all honesty wouldn’t mind him taking the oppositions best small forwards to free up Maynard in a more attacking role.

I wonder if Noble gets dropped with Howe back in. Two talls, two mediums, three smalls. We currently run two talls, one medium, four smalls. Geelong expoited his lack of size on the wing too. Blicavs was his direct match up and did as he pleased.

Based on the BnF results the coaches are pretty happy with Noble, no chance he gets dropped.

Would be crazy if this was true. Why would we target a 31 year old small defender even if we wanted to release Noble/Maynard/IQ to the midfield when we have Trent Bianco/Nathan Murphy and a whole bunch of younger guys unable to get an opportunity.

We should only target role players if they fill a position of shortage (e.g. KPP/clearance mids/crumbing forwards)
THIS!

It really doesn't make any sense to get Jetta.. age as well.. and a 2 year deal? Taking him to 33... It's just stupid.

I'm all for bringing in indigenous talent but Jetta doesn't tick any box on a needs basis surely and I hope to God it's complete BS.

Small defender X

Turns 31 in February X

Averaged 16 disposals in 2016, 12 disposals in 2018, 6 disposals in 2020 X

Not Stopped us from Bringing in Same Type of Players for many Years

Jetta is the wrong age and injury profile for our list. Before even considering that we're stacked in that position. One of our issues is not enough of our players get on the field. I don't know why we'd invite the problem. It doesn't make any sense which suggests to me its bullshit.
Nailed it! Hilarious how many melts it’s caused though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back